Flashing black square when changing area/zone

Hello,

After updating to the newest Nvidia driver, I'm getting a flashing black square in the middle of the screen for a few seconds, upon entering an area/zone and starting to move.
I've uploaded a video to show it happening in real time:
https://streamable.com/asq4j6

In addition, it also takes longer than it did previously to load all video assets upon entering a fresh area.

Again, the only thing that changed is a graphics driver update - restarted a couple of times as well. No changes to ingame settings or anything.

If relevant, GPU is a Zotac GTX 1060 6gb Mini.

I'll do the usual troubleshooting and focus on the Nvidia driver, checking if the update changed anything in its settings and eventually reinstall it.
Just want to post this in case other people are experiencing this and have already come up with a solution. I'll post an update if I find any fix in the meantime.

Edit:
It seems that, as other players have pointed out, rolling the graphics driver back to 445.87 solves the black square issue. Other general solutions do not seem to work. It might be a good idea to highlight this as a temporary solution in the Known Issues post, along with a short guide on how to do it - not sure if that works for your liability here but it's definitely something people would be willing to do in order to continue playing the game as before.

Cheers
Last edited by ciordy on Jul 9, 2020, 2:35:23 PM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2020, 1:35:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info