New Physical Ailment idea

Chance to apply a mini enfeeble with some weakened armor effect on physical abilities.
Ideally you would put the chance on hit in % physical dmg or weapon nodes around the tree. It should also apply on crits as all other ailments.

For numbers well, that's your department but stacking 3x to around 12% less dmg (all sources) and 18% chance to miss sounds reasonable. I'm not sure how much armor mobs have so I can't give any estimate on that, but I would rather it be -% armor over +% physical dmg. Otherwise things like EK get even stronger.

I think this kills two birds with one stone so to speak. (more like injure two birds but still!)

You address melee survivability as well as smaller faster physical hits not being penalized as much by armor.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 9, 2013, 11:12:46 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like that idea!

Bump.
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Anyone else with thoughts on this? I really think something like this is necessary if you want physical damage to be comparable to elemental damage.

I was just thinking that a physical ailment is needed, but I realized that stun is our ailment. Perhaps a new keystone to convert stun into some other ailment.
"
msc_jakeman wrote:
I was just thinking that a physical ailment is needed, but I realized that stun is our ailment. Perhaps a new keystone to convert stun into some other ailment.

Stun is any type of damage, not just physical. It's easier to stun with static blows/shock than it is having 30% more physical damage. But I'd be okay with a reduced threshold for physical damage.

It would have to be significant though. Which is why I don't think it's the best solution. Since it would end up like it was with the permastun build.
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 1, 2013, 8:47:04 PM
to the top.
I would enjoy an alement right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info