Massive attack/cast deadzone on ultrawide monitors

This is a followup on a bugreport from 2019: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2466137

With monitors getting wider and wider the deadzone described in the above post has become larger and larger. Even with "Always attack without moving" "mouse clicks" in the deadzone will not perform any actions, you will simply stop attacking. It is clear this range is outside the intended attack range designed to prevent players from using tools to aim far off screen. Unfortunately, since monitors are now able to render regions outside this range it is possible to regularly bump into it. I'm rendering at 3440x1440 and moving my mouse into a credit-card width region on the left and right side of my screen will cause my character to simply stop attacking. I can still click-to-move to these areas, I just can't attack. This is particularly noticeable playing a ranged build against dangerous bosses/enemies. For example, when moving to max distance against Phoenix I am unable to attack by clicking the enemy because I can see him this activation deadzone, I must click in front of him. Unfortunately, since we can't see this arbitrary boundary it sometimes consumes a significant amount of attack time sussing out where I can and cannot click and completely breaks my focus on the actual gameplay.

If it is not intended to be able to attack this far I'd at least assume "Attack without moving" should at least trigger an attack at the farthest possible distance allowed, not completely stopping all attack activation.
May all your rings be unique
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2020, 11:55:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info