Tier 14 drop

So I have the 4 middle region fully stoned. But I can't get any Tier 14 maps dropping, no matter what I run. I was able to get 3 exalt within 1 day (some how) but I can't even get 1 tier 14 map. What am I missing?
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2020, 11:48:17 AM
RNG. Why not use those exalts to buy some T14s if you're so worried?
"
Funinyourgame wrote:
So I have the 4 middle region fully stoned. But I can't get any Tier 14 maps dropping, no matter what I run. I was able to get 3 exalt within 1 day (some how) but I can't even get 1 tier 14 map. What am I missing?

Map drops based on your current atlas. If you socket stones in the inner region ONLY, obviously no red maps from the outer region will drop.

Move the stones, target specific region by unsocketting stones in regions you don't need, and run maps. Easier said that done; it can take a while. >.<
How many stones do you have and what are you doing with the rest of them?

Assuming you have something more than 16 stones, I would socket all the corner zones so they have the same number. i.e. if you have 16-19 stones, none in each corner; if you have 20-23, one in each corner, etc.

This will minimize the number of different tiers that can drop. For example, with four in each middle and none in each corner, you can only drop 3-5 and 14-16. Any other tier will just get you a credit toward your next map drop. And that next drop will be 3-5 or 14-16.

This socketing strategy will boost your odds of getting more t14+ maps over an atlas that can drop most or all tiers.

Of course you can also target a specific region to increase your odds of limiting your t14+ drops to that region. This becomes more important when you hit 20 stones and need an average of 8 maps per conqueror compared to the 3 maps it takes before Sirus.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 7, 2020, 7:45:24 AM
"
ryansider wrote:
RNG.

Unfortunately this is the answer.
RNG is bad for some people, no problem for others. Myself I just need to finish up the last conq and I'll have all watchstones but sustaining T14+ maps is a bitch this league. Even fully juiced up and with sextants I'll run a T15/T16 and get T11/t12 drops or T5. I currently have no T13 maps, and a small handful of T14+ that can easily run out in no time.
My atlas is 120-ish/154 and my Awakener comlpetion is around 70-ish. I should be swimming in T14 and T15 maps but I've also had to buy some here and there.
"
I'll run a T15/T16 and get T11/t12 drops or T5.

This is socketing strategy more than rng.

If you put 4 stones in each corner and none in each inner, you can only drop 1-4 or 14-16. Or put 1 or 2 stones in each inner if you have at least 20 or 24 in total.

The point is to minimize the number of different tiers that can drop so you funnel the rng into your target tiers.

EDIT: Next time I do the atlas I will also look carefully at whether to complete the few t4 maps in the zero-stone inner regions. It's tempting to do them early for completion bonus, or to get the citadel, but they get in the way of manipulating your map tier drops effectively as you progress the atlas. It's a decision you probably have to make based on the circumstances.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 7, 2020, 12:54:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info