Black Squares in the Middle of the screen with Vulkan

Whenever I enable Vulkan, I get black squares in the middle of the screen. I know these are already in the known issues, but I am not sure if it is reported already when and how they appear. Long story short, I nailed it down to whenever I gain elusive, these black squares appear and whenever the buff is removed, the black suqares disappear again. I do not know whether it makes a difference what the source of elusive is, but mine comes from the notable "No Witnesses".

I hope you guys can fix this soon because I really want to use vulkan because it simply is better and more performant, but with these black squares it is impossible to do so.
Last edited by xebtria on Jul 3, 2020, 12:51:41 AM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2020, 6:56:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
are you using the malice supporter pack?

i've seen it happen when equipping helmet, boots, armor or gloves from it.

"
uit wrote:
are you using the malice supporter pack?

i've seen it happen when equipping helmet, boots, armor or gloves from it.

Same here!
The glitch disappeared after I disabled all of my MTXs (not sure if the Malice is causing the problem, did not test with other sets, but I was wearing the Malice too when encountered the glitch)
No I am not, that is the mtx combination I am using where this happens
https://i.imgur.com/jL4wAuX.png (mainly the pandemonium set)

I now did some extensive testing with whatever MTX I had from the pandemonium set or the two "base" sets:

1) There is an "oak effect" happening when I get elusive.
► Details
normal: https://i.imgur.com/k4UVTuq.jpg
with elusive: https://i.imgur.com/muuFjDC.jpg
mtx in both screens: https://i.imgur.com/xF9MF85.png

► it is not happening in every instances. I had instances with it every time when I have elusive, I had instances without it everytime when I have elusive, and I even had instances where I sometimes get it with elusive and sometimes don't. I don't understand when it happens.

► all I know is, I also have it sometimes when I have not a single mtx equipped, so that is an entirely different problem than the black squares, it is soley tied to elusive effect. somehow.

2) the pandemonium hood causes black boxes around the character.
► Details
► these black boxes appear regardless of the "oak effect".

► If I have the oak effect and the black boxes, the black boxes are on top of the oak effect - if you unequipp the mtx while elusive is still active, black boxes immediately go away and you can see that the character itself still has the oak effect

► If I am in an instance where I do not get the oak effect (see the point before), I still get the black boxes, and unequipping the MTX also makes them go away and there is also no "oak effect" beneath it.

► it's fairly safe to say that the "black boxes" and the "oak effect" are two individual problems.

► having the MTX not being equipped, then gaining elusive, then equipping it, does not make black boxes appear. letting elusive run out and then once again gaining it does not make them appear again either.

► reopening a new instance with the hood equipped then and gaining elusive again makes the black boxes reappear again.

► sometimes, not always, the black boxes do not disappear when elusive runs out. I havend figured out the pattern for this.

3) The Pandemonium helmet also cause the black boxes.
4) The Pandemonium wings also cause the black boxes.
5) The Angelic Weapon effect also cause the black boxes.
► Details
► I have to apologize, but I did not do the extensive testing I did with the hood with the helmet, the wings and weapon effect again

► the only thing I tested was unequipping the MTX (individually, of course) when I had black boxes, and it made the black boxes disappear, so I suspect every symptom the hood has is equally applicable to the helmet, the wings and the weapon effect.

6) so far, none of the other MTXes I was using is causing the black boxes

7) I also checked with some of the malice pieces, also no black boxes for me.
I have the problem when using Vulkan and the Malice mtx armor pieces.

And equiping any armor piece and I get a black square in the middle now and then.
Easy to check for me because every time I swap between sand and blood stance the big black box appear.

The weapon skin and effect works fine, but no armor pieces.

So, paying 60$ and I cannot use the mtx lol, well unless I want to use DX which I prefer not to.

W10 latest update, 1070 latest nvidia drivers.
Last edited by Nivity on Jul 3, 2020, 11:12:21 AM
Same here but while using Berserk, with some of the malice mtx on.
3.11.1b did not fix the issue, it is still the exact same problem.
3.11.1c did not fix the issue, it is still the exact same problem.

(maybe minus the no-texture issue, I didnt check this but the black squares are most definitely still there)
Last edited by xebtria on Jul 20, 2020, 4:09:23 PM
this was actually and finally fixed with the latest nvidia drivers (452.16 if I remember correctly?)

tested with 3.11.1e yesterday, let's hope that the 3.11.1f which hit later did not break it again, will check when I come home today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info