Moving to non-HO instance from a different login gateway doesn't force a gateway switch

ref 1,115,161,993

Whenever you change gateways (or servers, however you want to call it), e.g. for the purpose of trading with another player, and then you move to an area that is not your hideout, the realm won't switch back to your native one, or the one you have selected on the login screen.

Scenario:
- trade request
- I move to one of the NA realms in order to finalize the trade
- my chosen realm is Frankfurt
- trade completed, I move directly to the Azurite Mine
- chosen realm remains to be the NA server
- I am forced to move back to my hideout in order for the realm to switch back to Frankfurt

Expected outcome:
- no matter what realm you move to, it should always force you back to your predefined realm after you switch back areas

The same happens in a different scenario:
- I change my login gateways (e.g. from EU to RU because EU servers started to lagspike like mad)
- I log in and I am correctly moved to a RU Karui Shores instance
- I move to my HO, Azurite Mine, Garden etc.
- The hosted instances don't reset and are still hosted on the EU gateway I have chosen prior to the switch

Expected outcome:
- forced reset of the instance to the selected gateway upon logging in
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jun 28, 2020, 8:19:10 AM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2020, 9:08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
they must have changed that.

Bumping, because I am literally unable to play right now.

So EU servers started lagging again. Decided to switch to slightly further login gateway (from 20 to 45ms) - RU server.

When I log in, I am correctly moved to the RU instance in Karui Shores. But my Hideout, Mine, Garden etc. are still hosted on the EU servers, on which I am getting constant spikes to 400ms.

Why is there still not a forced gateway switch and an instance recreation when you change them on your login screen? Guys, it's 2020, this shouldn't be impossible to code.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jun 28, 2020, 8:13:11 AM
ctrl click when zoning into them first time after changing your login realm?

this creates a new instance/lets you choose instance(depends on zone)
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
ctrl click when zoning into them first time after changing your login realm?

this creates a new instance/lets you choose instance(depends on zone)

As I mentioned, this is regarding HO, Mine, Garden and similar instances. There is no way for you to ctrl+click to create a new instance to reset the gateway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info