problems with a kinda old pc

my asus EAH3850 Graphic card overheathe very fast when i party (a lot of
things to load), but today even while playing solo in fellshadow i had it (i know it
cause the terrain starts to be black, not all, just some portions, and the vga
fan starts to spin at double/triple the frequency, the fan thing happens with my friend's pc too tho, which is way better), also changing maps is bad (20-120 secs) and sometimes i crash (dc, rarely) just from that, the wrost thing is that the vga crashes, the screen turns black and it reboots after some time, or it just freeze and i need to shut the comp (and it's better to do so for 30 mins or it will do it again soon), it's strange cause i can play d3 and blacklight without these problems (skyrim is so-so), unfortunately it seems that the last driver for my vga is a lot of months old (there is something else i can download to use with it?), and i already use mid textures, no antialising, 1024*768.
vsync is on, on the vga settings i can't shut the mipmap, so i set it to performance.

tonight i had about 1/3 fps in city

my tasks running: microsoft essentials and background programs like catalysts, apple things and plus.

any tips ?
Last edited by berny on Mar 23, 2013, 7:28:25 PM
bump
you could go into the config file and change some settings located

local disc(C)/Users/computer name/My Documents/My games/Path of Exile

And edit the production_Config.ini

Particularly texture quality which is under display, it can be changed up to 7 i believe but looks incredibly bad.

you could also pull the gfx card and give it a clean just to make sure the heat sink is clear.

Unfortunately the game atm is still unfinished and unoptimized...even some of the bigger cards are stressed
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 30, 2013, 6:46:13 AM
I limit my game anywhere from 31-41 FPS using Bandicam which is a 3rd party frame limiter program. I would do this since you know it's heat issues also Fraps is another program that can do this.
"
berny wrote:
my asus EAH3850 Graphic card overheathe very fast when i party (a lot of
things to load), but today even while playing solo in fellshadow i had it (i know it
cause the terrain starts to be black, not all, just some portions, and the vga
fan starts to spin at double/triple the frequency, the fan thing happens with my friend's pc too tho, which is way better), also changing maps is bad (20-120 secs) and sometimes i crash (dc, rarely) just from that, the wrost thing is that the vga crashes, the screen turns black and it reboots after some time, or it just freeze and i need to shut the comp (and it's better to do so for 30 mins or it will do it again soon), it's strange cause i can play d3 and blacklight without these problems (skyrim is so-so), unfortunately it seems that the last driver for my vga is a lot of months old (there is something else i can download to use with it?), and i already use mid textures, no antialising, 1024*768.
vsync is on, on the vga settings i can't shut the mipmap, so i set it to performance.

tonight i had about 1/3 fps in city

my tasks running: microsoft essentials and background programs like catalysts, apple things and plus.

any tips ?

I recommend buying a new computer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info