Improved Performance via Sounddeactivation

Hi there,
im playing on ps4 and hit level 90 with my first character recently (thanks corona), as my profile might have told you already. I love playing the game, having nearly unlimited choices in how to build and play, but i feel i get limited the further i head towards endgame. My ps4 cant handle the stuff that is going on the screen, when i juice my maps, even just a little, i have insane framedrops. My simulacrum ended at wave 18 for me, because monsters spawning in on me and attacking me before i get it represented on my screen. Might aswell be that im just a shitty player. I was searching for a solution and read about something on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ei3d1u/performance_tip_you_can_actually_reap_the_nosound/
It ist about turning off sound processing and therefore improving the frames and reducing lags.

I know that console has way less players and therefore isnt as important as pc and most players on console dont even reach the endgame (as achievements might tell). I myself can do without sound, since i cant hear it anyway over the running turbine, that happens to be my console. I would love to hear about possible solutions to this topic. A little box in the options to turn off specific sound to maybe improve game quality would be awesome. Maybe thats not even the problem, i dont know, just found a little something and clinging to it.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend
Last bumped on May 1, 2020, 1:15:21 PM
A dev already stated this doesn't affect performance.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info