PoB vs In game Slave driver spectre doesn't add up

So I have been following a guide on a Slave driver build. According to my PoB I should be dealing quite a bit of damage but nothing seems to be dying like I have that much dps.

I watched the top zombie build in the forums and watching those videos, nothing dies as quickly. So I pulled up the PoB for that build and it says the build is doing less damage. So I am very confused and looking for some guidance on my build or should I swap to strength zombie build?

My current setup https://pastebin.com/4KKFwRy2

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-raise-spectre-necromancer-build-guide
-What I am following

https://pastebin.com/SZmdnv4A The zombie build I was looking at.

I would really like to know if I am missing something that may be decreasing my damage with elemental equilibrium and casting Armageddon brand, or is the math wrong in PoB?
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2020, 11:01:14 AM
So I pulled up your PoB just because I don't have much to do at the moment. I think the best thing to remember is the build guide you're following are using 4 awakened gems, hence the damage difference. Switching to zombies is not for me to say as I have a spectre preference myself, but I think I can at least give you notes on how to increase your DPS and I guess some things I noticed in your PoB. A "+" means something that will increase your PoB damage and a "-" will decrease your PoB damage

+ Remember to allocate the proper oil enchant in your amulet, as you currently have a bow-based node
+ PoB does not show the dps increase from Skitterbots. What I usually do is edit my amulet and put "Enemies Taunted by You take 10% increased damage" then enable in the configuration that the enemy is taunted. It simulates the actual damage increase.
+ Don't forget to get your 4th spectre which is effectively a 33% more dps compared to 3 spectres.
+ Feeding Frenzy is highly nerfed this league and sometimes people just use a different gem like Deathmark as a replacement. You can still trigger Feeding Frenzy from another minion like your zombies. It is up to you if you prefer your Slave Drivers aggressive or have more damage.
+ Not really a dps increase, but try to place the Desecrate gem before* your Flesh Offering gem in the wand. Remember that the gem order is followed, so if there are no corpses near you then it is good to Desecrate first instead of Flesh Offering.
+ Overall, your current wand is useless and does not do anything for minions. I suggest to save up for a convoking wand with +1 to spectre levels. You can even get a +1 to all spells in the wand, which will affect spectres too but very expensive.
+ Not a dps increase but more defensive: Your Cloak of Flame can be replaced by a better armour. Even your amulet as well. Usually a rare amulet is okay, or an Aul's uprising if you're rich. If you want something defensive go for Jinxed Juju.
+ Remember to get movement speed in your boots! Movement speed sort of translates to faster clear speed since you get to enemies faster, and better boss killing since you can evade their attacks better and makes you die less. Also, you should check out +1 to spectre levels as well in Elder-influenced boots.
+ Try to utilize cluster jewels more as you currently only have a large cluster jewel. This is more complicated though since it's dependent on what jewels you have.

- Your PoB states "Is the enemy a Boss? No." Not sure about your build guide but usually this should be answered as if you're fighting Shaper.
- When dealing with bosses, remember that it may be best to uncheck the "Minions use Power Charges". The really end game bosses do not have minions most of the time and you only get power charges from killing.

That's all I have for now and I got bored haha. Overall I'd say your current build can already do all content since your dps already surpassed 2m Shaper DPS. Oh and your elemental equilibrium with armageddon brand seems to be doing fine since I checked PoB and it's pure fire damage only. Also I guess a tip is that remember that switching builds is quite costly so take that into consideration if you've decided to go do zombies instead. Good luck!
"
lyndoff wrote:
So I pulled up your PoB just because I don't have much to do at the moment. I think the best thing to remember is the build guide you're following are using 4 awakened gems, hence the damage difference. Switching to zombies is not for me to say as I have a spectre preference myself, but I think I can at least give you notes on how to increase your DPS and I guess some things I noticed in your PoB. A "+" means something that will increase your PoB damage and a "-" will decrease your PoB damage

+ Remember to allocate the proper oil enchant in your amulet, as you currently have a bow-based node
+ PoB does not show the dps increase from Skitterbots. What I usually do is edit my amulet and put "Enemies Taunted by You take 10% increased damage" then enable in the configuration that the enemy is taunted. It simulates the actual damage increase.
+ Don't forget to get your 4th spectre which is effectively a 33% more dps compared to 3 spectres.
+ Feeding Frenzy is highly nerfed this league and sometimes people just use a different gem like Deathmark as a replacement. You can still trigger Feeding Frenzy from another minion like your zombies. It is up to you if you prefer your Slave Drivers aggressive or have more damage.
+ Not really a dps increase, but try to place the Desecrate gem before* your Flesh Offering gem in the wand. Remember that the gem order is followed, so if there are no corpses near you then it is good to Desecrate first instead of Flesh Offering.
+ Overall, your current wand is useless and does not do anything for minions. I suggest to save up for a convoking wand with +1 to spectre levels. You can even get a +1 to all spells in the wand, which will affect spectres too but very expensive.
+ Not a dps increase but more defensive: Your Cloak of Flame can be replaced by a better armour. Even your amulet as well. Usually a rare amulet is okay, or an Aul's uprising if you're rich. If you want something defensive go for Jinxed Juju.
+ Remember to get movement speed in your boots! Movement speed sort of translates to faster clear speed since you get to enemies faster, and better boss killing since you can evade their attacks better and makes you die less. Also, you should check out +1 to spectre levels as well in Elder-influenced boots.
+ Try to utilize cluster jewels more as you currently only have a large cluster jewel. This is more complicated though since it's dependent on what jewels you have.

- Your PoB states "Is the enemy a Boss? No." Not sure about your build guide but usually this should be answered as if you're fighting Shaper.
- When dealing with bosses, remember that it may be best to uncheck the "Minions use Power Charges". The really end game bosses do not have minions most of the time and you only get power charges from killing.

That's all I have for now and I got bored haha. Overall I'd say your current build can already do all content since your dps already surpassed 2m Shaper DPS. Oh and your elemental equilibrium with armageddon brand seems to be doing fine since I checked PoB and it's pure fire damage only. Also I guess a tip is that remember that switching builds is quite costly so take that into consideration if you've decided to go do zombies instead. Good luck!

I appreciate the feedback. I am trying to get the recipe for cast on use a skill from the syndicate so that I can switch to a minion wand but will check for one on the market.
Some of the things are just what oils or resistances I needed to cap and am currently looking for upgrades that arnt too expensive. I will definitely fix the things I can real quick and try to get some cheap gear to help with damage and survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info