Balance your game around players and not streamers

GGG, i assume the majority of your player base are students or players with a job! I just have one suggestion for you, make a character, play with it roughlly 2 hours a day then make a 100% delirium map, and then see if thats your definition of fun! Even normal monsters feel like a boss! Thats not a challenge either, it feels more like a job taking like half an hour to complete a single map with mediocre reward! The majority of the players don't spend more then 8 hours playing the game! Have common sense, balance your game according to casuals, jesus! There was a time when you didnt need to grind like a mad men to fulfill the challenges! Free mtx and such, and look now. You are the ones getting delirious! The ones sane got out...
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2020, 6:50:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They do, that's why there's easier content. You're asking for them to let you complete all the hardest content in the game with no effort.

Seriously, set reasonable goals. No game is gonna design and endgame around people not playing it.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
The game is only design for end content, theres no reward below! A game is suppose to be challeging while being fun! Imagine an hardcore player trying to finish an delirium map, just imagine that
There is way more content than the endgame stuff. You can run yellow or white maps, delve, just run any master missions, fight lower tiered conquerors. You're asking for them to balance an OP loot pinata around a player with minimum skill and a bad character.

They need hard stuff in the game, and that hard stuff needs to be more rewarding. If delirious maps were easy you wouldn't even run them because they'd give shit rewards, and if they did give good rewards still you'd be asking for them to make whatever they made harder to compensate easier so you could get those rewards.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
They do, that's why there's easier content. You're asking for them to let you complete all the hardest content in the game with no effort.

Seriously, set reasonable goals. No game is gonna design and endgame around people not playing it.

Nobody has ever asked for the ability to complete endgame content "with no effort," that is an asinine argument and I'm tired of hearing it.

However, in a game where you are expected to restart every three months, endgame content should be realistically achievable without dedicating the equivalent of a full-time job. On top of that, balance in this game has been borked forever and gets worse every league, it is laughable the amount of one-shots and over-inflated mob stats in this game. There is nothing "challenging" about being bowled over by waves of infinite damage sweeping across the screen. A player using the tools they are given through an average playthrough should not feel like they are made of wet newspaper and hit just as hard. If you cannot effectively stand up to mobs of your level using gear dropped from mobs of your level, shit is fucking broken and needs to change.
This is a buff™
"
*snip*

No, that's dumb. You don't know how to build a character and instead of learning how to play the game, you just cry about how it's not fair your glass cannon gets one shot.
"
"
*snip*

No, that's dumb. You don't know how to build a character and instead of learning how to play the game, you just cry about how it's not fair your glass cannon gets one shot.

Just the kind of low-effort argument I expect.
This is a buff™
It is hard to imagine that I will be able to do T16 with 4 sextants, 100% deliritum bonus and 8mod vaaled with 4 dmg mods on the map, solo.

But being able to do Sirus A6 with finger up my nose and have Kosis to take no dmg at all :D

There are some balance issues

But the game might have around half a million active players, the game is "balanced" for lets say top 20% , so 100 000 players are probably OK with the game. Even if you take Poe.ninja as reference, 15000 players visible on ladder, how many of them are streamers? like 200? The rest is just multiple steps better than the bottom 80%.

Letz say the game will be dumped to the level that I will be able to do the game at max dificulty with my level of effort. It will mean only one thing - the top 20% will be bored out of their minds within a week.

edit: the only way how to "balance" up to your or mine satisfaction would be to have the bottom vs highest possible performing to be within reasonable margins of gear, but that's not the PoE strategy where the powerlevels constantly increasing. While you could have been with current level of involvement in the top 20% 4 years ago, it is not enough for the current state of game.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Apr 3, 2020, 12:28:07 PM
"
GGG, i assume the majority of your player base are students or players with a job! I just have one suggestion for you, make a character, play with it roughlly 2 hours a day then make a 100% delirium map, and then see if thats your definition of fun! Even normal monsters feel like a boss! Thats not a challenge either, it feels more like a job taking like half an hour to complete a single map with mediocre reward! The majority of the players don't spend more then 8 hours playing the game! Have common sense, balance your game according to casuals, jesus! There was a time when you didnt need to grind like a mad men to fulfill the challenges! Free mtx and such, and look now. You are the ones getting delirious! The ones sane got out...

The game is very top heavy, and yes, a lot of it is because Chris listens too much to the Streamers, that play the game 12+ hours a day. They play using styles that is fast and full of action, to entertain and draw viewers.

So, the meta has now narrowed down to basically Cyclone+*insert your skill here*, with which you rush through every map in 2 minutes, because you could afford to spend 100ex on the build.

As someone who likes creativity, biggest pull in this game for me, this is getting a little too much 'carrot on a stick' . GGG create the illusion that you have endless options with build combinations, but the game is so top heavy, that if you don't copy and paste a meta build, and play 200 maps a day, you got no chance at all.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Have common sense, balance your game according to casuals, jesus!

I'm gonna have to stop right here. Sorry, but if I want a casual game, I'd play Diablo 3 or Wolcen. They're designed with players like you in mind, but they're boring as shit for anyone else who has time to waste. If they're boring for you as well, then play Grim Dawn and keep an eye out for Last Epoch.

However, the rest of your message has some value. The game is designed with streamers in mind, the speed demon types who like to play with their brains switched off while their builds blaze through maps with 200%+ movement speed and use one button to clear entire screens. As a consequence, the game's challenge is tuned to make the game challenging for them which has the added effect of being unfair for everyone else who falls below that standard. Not everyone is playing, or wants to play, these ridiculous builds.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 3, 2020, 5:43:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info