3.10 One with Nothing Zerk. 18m Cyclone/40m Frenzy 7.5k Life

Do you want to learn how to use your fists to wreck Wraeclast?

Have you seen other videos of people (Mathil) deleting mobs with no weapons and thought "hey, that looks fun! I also don't want to worry about purchasing gear for 3 of my item slots!"

Then this is the build for you.

In all seriousness, One With Nothing rocks and can tackle everything in the game while staying alive (even as a zerker).

--------
News:

Vid:

Smooth and Buttery Elder https://youtu.be/cImxcE1pMss
Deathless Uber Elder https://youtu.be/VzFca87EJa0

Added Cluster Jewel crafting section.

--------

I'll explain everything in detail later, but first I'm going to go over some numbers and pros/cons. I'm also currently using Cyclone as my main skill, but you can very easily switch to a frenzy version and double your damage, but lose all mobility and QoL of Cyclone. I intend this guide to act as a framework for your own OWN builds, as your budget, gear options, and preferences will differ from mine.

NOTE: This is a guide in progress. I will include a lot more, including how to gear at the beginning and middle part of investment, as well as tree and gem explanations. I just wanted to get a public PoB out there for people interested to see their options.

My Current Stats at lv 92:
7.5k HP
16.4 mil pure phys dps (with no curse. + curse is 18m)
71% chance to evade (with jade flask)
66% phys damage reduction (with granite flask)
1406 Dex
Restore 25% life every 2 seconds (Warcry)
17% Block
77/77/77 Res
10% more damage taken (not going to ignore that)

Pros:
Cyclone
Super Damage
Perma Endurance Charges
Very good scaling and min/max potential
Very easy gearing choices due to required uniques and their availability
Just did double boss wave 20 in the Simulacrum deathless, so there is certainly enough survivability.

Cons:
10% more damage taken
Very difficult to get Chaos Res
Very difficult to juggle resistances in general
Melee
Cyclone (if that's a bad thing for you)
Some luxury jewels vary in price based on the popularity of the build.
Lack of options for movement skills can hurt for some layouts.


Basics:
Spoiler

You must use the One with Nothing Unique Jewel on an outer cluster jewel socket. This jewel gives a massive 14-20 phys per 10 dex to our attacks while we have no weapons or gloves. It also gives a nifty 60% more attack speed modifier, and gives use Dual-Wield bonuses (even more attack speed and phys damage).

Because of this, we want to scale dex as much as possible.

The main conundrum of the build is how to compensate for the loss of sockets (you only get your 6l and 2 4ls), as well as get enough defenses to cover the loss of life/block from shield and gloves slots. Because of this, some people choose to go Glad or Champ to get other defensive options, but we're choosing the highest dps build as a Berserker. Despite Aspect of Carnage, Berserker actually has two built in defensive layers from ascendancy alone: Warcries have a 2 sec cooldown and restore 25% of your life and mana, and the triple rage effect from Rite of Ruin grants 30% increased movespeed, which is obviously quite beneficial for cycloning out of delirium explody effects quickly. And honestly, I feel the higher dps from zerker actually is the best defensive layer available.

There is another reason to go with a Marauder based ascendancy which I'll get into later which gives a lot of bonus hp, but all in all, I feel Berserker is the proper way to build Hallow Palm fisting builds.



PoB:
Spoiler

My Lv 92 tree (no Pride watcher's eye, but large budget). This check the trees drop down menu in the bottom for leveling setups (basically rush so you can use the jewel, and level any dual-wield to get there): https://pastebin.com/fTJtRkZ5

Lv 81 tree (lower budget): https://pastebin.com/YRnAU7ZR

As you can see from the lower budget tree, split personalities with just dex are already an 8% damage increase each, so try to get some that give evasion or armour as a stand in for life. Also, this budget tree still gets 5.6k life and 12mil dps, so it's not like you need expensive gear to make the build feel good.



If you're not feeling savvy enough to prioritize what to level before a high level tree, let me know and I can put in a more detailed leveling section


Tree Discussion:
Spoiler

You have many options for how to create your end skill tree. I would say that the frame is quite set in how you travel across the tree, but there are a few nodes you travel past which you may want to consider.

Resistances: Depending on your resistance situation, Diamond skin (Marauder start) and Cloth and Chain (south of Duelist) are close, easy ways to grab large amounts of %All Res. Survivalist (east of Ranger) is another good option, possibly even for your final tree, as it grants evasion, all res, and max cold res.

Battle Cry (just left of Duelist start): For 3 points, you can make warcries instant. This is entirely based on your preference. I personally don't mine the .25 cast time as an instant flask replacement and proc refresh (once every 8 seconds at least). I bind my warcry on my left click, and don't think this node is worth the 3 points, but it's entirely based on how you feel it interrupts your cycloning.

Vaal Pact Keystone: Doubles your leech rate, but removes your regen. This is annoying if you have the mob mentality notable on your medium warcry cluster jewel as it causes you to not lose rage, and thus suffer from berserker's hp loss. However, it's a very large amount of leech/recovery, so perhaps throw it on, see how your survivability feels, and just remove it for 1 regret if you feel the degen too badly.

Acrobatics/Phase Acro: Acrobatics is an entirely viable choice in this build. It scales well with all your evasion gear, and phase acro protects against spells (something which we're weak against). There are a few reasons I don't choose this in my build. Firstly, it's 5 points, which is a lot, but could be worth it for what it gives you. However, we already path through quite a bit of armor scaling: Marauder start and Soul of Steel, and Acrobatics would half that. We also will be using a Lion's Roar granite flask, which would again scale this. Because Berserker has such fast life recovery, I think it's better to take more hits but less damage from them so that we can recover in between instead of getting one-shot. It's a tough call, overall.

Iron Reflexes: The opposite of Acrobatics, but only requiring 2 extra points as opposed to 5, IR provides much more physical damage reduction and powerful molten shells at the expense of our dex bonus to evasion and ability to evade. While this may be powerful for molten shell alone, I don't think it's worth giving up our naturally high evasion rating from dex stacking.



Gear:
Spoiler

Here is the gear I'm currently using. Some of it can still be quite heavily upgraded, but it's close to what you'll be aiming for.

You almost *must* use the following uniques:



These are almost always going to be the BiS items for your build. Luckily, because they are all quite common, lesser rolled ones will never run you too much. You save tons of money on the 6l alone (I payed 90c for mine and then did the prophecy myself to upgrade it). I only recently upgraded my chest to this (throwing off all my res balancing in the process)


After these items, you want to focus on getting as much res on two rare jewels as possible (while still getting life). Then get rings and a helm which can fill up your res. If you're struggling (and you will) you there are some great 2 pointer +%All Res nodes on the skill tree for you to pick up before finding the perfect gear).




For your flasks, I recommend a granite and jade flask. The reason being that hybrid defenses are extremely strong, and stacking evasion combined with the Marauder start/soul of steel cluster gives a lot of armor.



Finally, you can and should be making the most out of the new cluster jewels.



You want to place the large cluster jewel in the proj damage socket above acrobatics. Because of how point hungry we are, only the best nodes get chosen out of these. The best nodes you can have on large jewels are Deep Cuts and 2 Jewel sockets: nothing else matters (they're just nice bonuses). If you look at the PoB, you can see that we don't take the 5th notable on one of our large jewels, simply because it's the only one which requires 2 points to get and it lower in dps gain per point.

Jewel Aquisition Guide:
Spoiler

You can either buy or craft your own cluster jewels. For buying, Large cluster jewels with 3 notables and 2 sockets will run you 60-80c without Deep Cuts (use these first), or 3-4 ex with Deep Cuts.

Alternatively, you can craft your own. This is tricky, as it's always a gamble -- one which has gotten more expensive due to the horrible rise in Alteration value. For large cluster jewels, you must use an ilvl 75+ base, either 12# damage while dual-wielding or generic 10% attack damage. My process was to alt spam for a good notable (I generally ignored smite the weak, block, and the leech ones) then augment. If the suffix you roll is anything other than 2 jewel sockets, reroll. If you alt into 2 jewel sockets augment that looking for a notable. The only exception here is if you end up with Deep Cuts + another notable, you can keep that as well.
The next step is to regal. The only jewel you should keep at this point is 2 jewel sockets + random notable + Deep Cuts (You can stop at Devastator and just sell your jewel at this point). After attaining this, either exalt slam, or wait for a T3 Research Leo slam.

Your other crafting alternative is to use Jagged Fossils (I've heard this help get the Deep Cuts notable, but don't have data to back it up) or Chaos Spam. Doing it this way can be quite a bit cheaper, but you'll have to sell a lot of non-deep cuts 3 notable 2 socket jewels to make back your money. However, you can make some nice combinations here and possibly won't need to spend the ex to slam a jewel. One final note is you can buy a 2 socket + deep cuts + other notable 3 prop jewel for relatively and just slam it yourself. I made one of my jewels this way (spent 80c on 3 mod jewel, slammed into a 5ex jewel).



Your medium jewels can have some diversity, but I personally advocate for Rapid Infusion as it gives More % damage after gaining infusion from Cyclone, as well as 5% movement speed. Hex Breaker is also an option. If you combo this with Enduring Focus, you no longer need Cry Wolf as a mod on a warcry medium jewel and don't need to use enduring cry. The warcry jewel can offer you a way to intimidate (roughly 8% more damage) and more Phys damage reduction and damage. I've recently started to use the mob mentality notable, as it gets us 5 rage whenever we use a warcry. This effectively allows us to stack up rage before engaging a boss (very useful for Sirius, as it's hard to get to full rage against him).

Finally, assuming you can get them for a good price, these star jewels then go in the sockets of the medium cluster jewels, as well as in 2 other sockets on the tree:


All of these give 55 life and 55 dex (except 1 which gives 43). It might not seem like a lot, but these are *huge* values of our two most essential stats. Because of these jewels, you can push over 7k life and 1400 Dex. The downside is that their prices fluctuate a lot (they were 100c earlier today, and now the only ones online are 5ex), but if you can get them for 1 or 2 ex each when you're at that point in end game gearing, they are well worth it. The Glad and Champ version of this build cannot get the same utilization from these jewels since they start closer to the eventual jewel sockets. However, I should note that while these jewels are BiS, they are by no means necessary and regular jewels with life and res are going to be very good for you in the meantime. Also, using a jewel with dex and evasion or dex and armor isn't too bad either, as it will still give the amazing dex bonuses, as well as about 400 of either evasion or armour.


Videos:
Spoiler

(Please excuse my potato lag)

Drox Kill: https://youtu.be/GoYf2N51Yng
Baron Kill: https://youtu.be/kPSLyBjw1jI

Sanctum (slow aura + lag + playing like an idiot was brutal last phase, but deathless is doable): https://youtu.be/4vsinNrfJl8

T15: https://youtu.be/OEq5TihJV5M

T16 80% Delirium Deathless (despite the server's best efforts)
https://youtu.be/15ECN7WeL5s

More coming soon


Alternate/Upgrade Build Options
Spoiler


Frenzy Version: Using almost the same gear as what I have now, and with a little investment in frenzy charges, I get 37m dps, but if you construct the build specifically for frenzy, you will hit more. You might be required to have a -15 mana cost chest for this, but I haven't tested it to know if just rings are enough for mana sustain. https://pastebin.com/ktWigYSt

Legion Jewels:

If you go acrobatics, picking up Wind Dancer Keystone in the southern socket might be a good idea if you can also roll it to give Dex and %Dex nearby.

You can also create a block version of the build with Glancing Blows (try to find intimidate on hit notable with it so you can get a different warcry notable from cluster jewels). If you use a jewel such as this one

Or other Dual-wield block nodes, plus a few others on the tree, you can easily reach block cap (I'm not sure if legion jewels work socketed in cluster jewels. I know they don't affect the cluster jewel itself, but if you could place it in a medium cluster socket and have the radius overlap with point blank keystone for glancing blows).

Here is a sample PoB: https://pastebin.com/CiQzG5we

Last edited by Kroughfire on Mar 30, 2020, 3:11:25 AM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2020, 1:51:11 PM
very nice.

just a question about the large cluster jewel
i see you dont actually put points into smite the weak...
is that just a filler? and also if we are crafting our own how would you craft these specific jewels?

cheers and great work!
I don't take it because it's the only notable which costs 2 points to get: the average dps increase is something like 3%, which is actually a little low for the build. The unfortunate thing is that you still need to get a 5 notable jewel to make it work so that you can path around Deep Cuts and your other notable to the jewel sockets more efficiently. They can be pricey, but I've had a lot of success just ex slamming 3 prop ones that already have deep cuts and 2 sockets.


For crafting, you should alt and aug spam for a notable prefix (almost any work) and 2 jewel socket suffix. Then regal looking for deep cuts. If you don't get it, scour and restart. If you happen to land Devastator, then it's worth selling; otherwise just reuse the same base. If you do get Deep cuts, and 2 jewel sockets plus one other notable, ex or Leo slam it for a 4th. If it bricks, you can sell it off for still a bit of cash and then restart.
Last edited by Kroughfire on Mar 24, 2020, 9:19:23 AM
Can you explain your boots links? You have 5 gems there. Self cast vulrn, cry, totem and berserk?
Ah, sorry. I'm not actually using the Berserk gem at the moment, hence why it's unticked in PoB (not affecting any numbers), but you can if you want to replace another gem with it, or use the Mob Mentality notable trick to keep rage active. Stack 2 or 3 Mob Mentalities and Rage will have an extremely long up time.
I also was using an unset ring for a long time to fit in another gem, so was using it. It's just there so people could see it as an option.
Last edited by Kroughfire on Mar 24, 2020, 7:19:08 PM
14 mill dps

Ancestral warchief ticked thats 32% dmg you only have for 6 seconds

Pointless in a fight vs Sirus or an actual boss

Still really good

Also Tenacity is a terrible annointment

Ridiculously expensive and it gives u just 8.3% more dmg

VS

Alot of cheaper nodes on the tree that have 6% more dmg

So you're spending multiple ex for 2.3% dmg

You wont notice 13.7 vs 14 million dps really so efficiency in ex spending is important when making a guide

Seems kinda meh vs taking lucidity and reducing ur mana cost on cyclone to 0 and therefore needing no mana leech and allowing you to always have mana for warcry

You can also get much more dmg or even life from regular jewels instead of the split personality jewels you have

So if you're really trying to min/max the split personality jewels are pretty bad
Last edited by benjaminbona on Mar 24, 2020, 6:59:00 PM
"
benjaminbona wrote:
14 mill dps

Ancestral warchief ticked thats 32% dmg you only have for 6 seconds

Pointless in a fight vs Sirus or an actual boss

Still really good

Also Tenacity is a terrible annointment

Ridiculously expensive and it gives u just 8.3% more dmg

VS

Alot of cheaper nodes on the tree that have 6% more dmg

So you're spending multiple ex for 2.3% dmg

You wont notice 13.7 vs 14 million dps really so efficiency in ex spending is important when making a guide

Seems kinda meh vs taking lucidity and reducing ur mana cost on cyclone to 0 and therefore needing no mana leech and allowing full mana reservation

You can also get much more dmg or even life from regular jewels instead of the split personality jewels you have

So if you're really trying to min/max the split personality jewels are pretty bad


How do you get to that number, 14 mill? Im asking because idk how to use PoB properly, haha

Did you managed the end game content with this build? I was worried about the price of most things, like the jewels and cluster jewels.
What do you think about Pain Reaver instead of War Bringer? We would loose life regen, but the damage should remain the same, as we are getting attack speed from Pain Reaver? Also, our leech would be better? Also QOL as we wouldn't have to use warcry.
"
Padashuruar wrote:
What do you think about Pain Reaver instead of War Bringer? We would loose life regen, but the damage should remain the same, as we are getting attack speed from Pain Reaver? Also, our leech would be better? Also QOL as we wouldn't have to use warcry.


Warcry is dmg

You dont need life regen its trash compared to leech

You dont need alot of leech to reach leech cap on this build
"
benjaminbona wrote:
14 mill dps

Ancestral warchief ticked thats 32% dmg you only have for 6 seconds

Pointless in a fight vs Sirus or an actual boss



If you prefer, you can simply tick regular warchief totem, which will be up again almost every boss unless there is some major clusterfuckery going on (such as simulacrum). I believe it's a 10% difference in the buff. I did change the page title to reflect this, since I don't want to give incorrect expectations/pob warrior it.

"
benjaminbona wrote:


Also Tenacity is a terrible annointment

Ridiculously expensive and it gives u just 8.3% more dmg



I was using lucidity until I got my 2nd -mana cost ring. I have built in mana leech from a cluster jewel notable, and taking a third - mana cost is completely unecessary. The two anoints I consider are Discipline and training and Tenacity. You're correct that Tenacity is very expensive, but it is also the largest dps boost available from the tree, and also provides 5% life. Discipline and Training is much cheaper and gives a lot of benefit as well.

For my personal preference, I rank Tenacity as #1 because it's both best at damage and provides a little life. You can use your own judgment and PoB to find a notable you'd rather have/can afford.



"
benjaminbona wrote:



You can also get much more dmg or even life from regular jewels instead of the split personality jewels you have

So if you're really trying to min/max the split personality jewels are pretty bad


I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'm not sure what alternative jewels there are which bring such a large benefit. Gaining 55 flat life is the equivalent of a 10% life node in total, and the 55 Dex is a 5.6% damage increase. Since we're not scaling crit, and our rage/belt already grant a lot of "increased damage", there's not many other ways to scale pure phys. You could, of course, look at small cluster jewels for life/Max all res, but imo they are less point efficient (but I could be wrong).
Last edited by Kroughfire on Mar 24, 2020, 7:21:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info