Screen Glitches - 3/21/2013

The issues I'm having just started occurring today.

I use Ventrilo to talk to my clan-mates, so as I was loading up Path of Exile, I accidentally press Ctrl, my push-to-talk key, and my client stopped responding. I wanted to wait to see if it would load, and when it did, my entire screen was flashing different colors on the login screen. I could hear the rainfall as normal, but everything was glitching out enough to give someone a seizure.

The second time it occurred was an hour later. I was running Docks with a clan-mate, someone messaged me, so I replied and then my entire screen went a turquoise color with lines all across. I could still move, hear sounds, but my entire screen was consumed with this graphical bug.

I just closed the client and I'm waiting to see what's causing it before I try playing again. I don't want to get into a messy situation, have a bug strike, and die because I couldn't see anything.

If you think the problem is on my side, please let me know what I can do to fix it.

If someone else has already posted this problem, forgive me. It's late and I didn't take the time to search the forums too much before posting this.

Thanks!

-Slad
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
I felt the need to add that I don't think this issue is my graphics card/drivers.
I was playing Battlefield 3 all day on normal settings without a single issue.
I also haven't had a single graphical issue with Path of Exile until today, minus the frame lag in large groups.

Thanks, again!

-Slad
Bump!

-Slad
Bump.

-Slad
Does it happen when you aren't running Ventrilo?
"
Drakier wrote:
Does it happen when you aren't running Ventrilo?

It appears so. It has nothing to do with Ventrilo directly. The loading freezes if I press Ctrl while it's loading. It just crashes the client. The only reason I mentioned Ventrilo is because that is why I pressed Ctrl.

There were times in the past that I would accidentally press Ctrl, it would stop responding, but then it would eventually come around and load up.
This time, all the graphics were spazzing out enough to give someone a seizure.

Like I said, the second time it occurred yesterday, I was typing to someone in-game, not Alt-tab'd and it happened. My entire screen was covered in that graphical glitch. It appears to only happen with Path of Exile since the most recent patch.

-Slad
The main reason I was asking is that a lot of those "chat" software programs can do what they call "overlays" which attempt to render themselves into your screen (for icons, status, etc).

A lot of times those "overlays" can be incompatible and can cause rendering issues since they insert themselves into the rendering pipeline.

So I wanted to make sure that it wasn't some other software attempting to overlay into Path of Exile.
"
Drakier wrote:
The main reason I was asking is that a lot of those "chat" software programs can do what they call "overlays" which attempt to render themselves into your screen (for icons, status, etc).

A lot of times those "overlays" can be incompatible and can cause rendering issues since they insert themselves into the rendering pipeline.

So I wanted to make sure that it wasn't some other software attempting to overlay into Path of Exile.

The shape of the graphical glitch was sort of like a trapezoid.
I'll play for a little bit and try to recreate the graphical glitch if I can, and screen shot it for everyone to see what I mean.

-Slad
Bump!

-Slad
Bump.

-Slad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info