Corrupted file content.ggpk

Exception
'Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client.'
Any grid we use to organize our experience of the world is a model of the world, never confuse this with the actual world.
Last edited by ant1cs on Mar 28, 2018, 11:07:11 PM
"
ant1cs wrote:
Exception
'Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client.'

So I guess my windows decided to do an update overnight and when I go to load POE today I get this message, so I'm done... not reinstalling 5gb not worth the data charges. Stupid shit I was kinda liking POE except the fact that the loot system is more lottery based than original D3. However I was having a lot of fun in races and making new characters. Anyways I found some other games to play that will be more fun for me at this time so yeah gl to all out there still playing for 25 hours for each 'unique' item. Kinda sad I won't get a refund on my stash tab purchases oh well just another scam game with the fake model of 'f2p'.

Wait... how is it a scam game and why is it you're so upset because YOUR system corrupted the file and YOU choose not to re-install it or keep a backup?

I'm confused how suddenly this is all GGG's fault and why you're putting so much blame on them.

Also... Beta.
:EDIT: i'm just stupid and qq a lot sorry for the bad post..who was I kidding I reinstalled already.. poe is too good
Any grid we use to organize our experience of the world is a model of the world, never confuse this with the actual world.
Last edited by ant1cs on Mar 22, 2013, 3:23:18 PM
"
ant1cs wrote:
you can't call a game with micro transactions 'beta' they're just using that title as a scapegoat. Also I didn't choose to do the update and stupid windows got rid of all viable system restore points, as well GGG's 'Packcheck.exe' does nothing at all when I run it it opens a cmd window for .5 seconds then insta closes. I'm expressing my frustration because I wanted to like POE... I wanted to keep playing but I can't re download another 5 GB as I don't live in Sweden with unlimited bandwidth. I also don't feel its worth it to re download a lottery based game because the lottery doesn't favor me I never get any loot so its a combination of me being frustrated @ Windows for this stupid update that I don't even want/ GGG's poor implementation of loot for those of us who man up and play HC only. There is literally 0 loot to be found in this game if you play Hardcore you end up farming merciless Fellshrine for a good 250 hours before you're ready for maps but the better alternative is to have a shit load of alt toons so you can save up currency from leveling them all and eventually buy your upgrades from the hackers and exploiters who do get loot. It was a simple rant/get steam off my chest forum post and stop using the scapegoat excuse of 'beta' because no game with micro transactions is able to use that excuse. Sorry nt tho.

Regardless of how you feel about it, it's a beta. it's not a "soft release" or any other crap that has been spewing around here. It's a beta.

You're free to quit for any reason you want, but I don't think it's right to blame all your problems on GGG. GGG had nothign to do with your PC issues or corruption.

Also, a lot of people who have been with this beta for a long time keep SELF backups of the Content.ggpk to prevent problems such as this. I keep 2 backups actually. One for current patch and one for prior patch in case I need to roll-back. It's the safe and smart thing to do in a beta... which this is.

it's not a scapegoat... it's beta. they aren't going to wipe again, so that is why they're willing to take money for transactions, and the also brought transactions over from the closed beta. It was beta then as well. Just because they take money for transactions doesn't mean it is not a beta. That money and those transactions will transfer through to the released product... but this is NOT it.
How many "not really in beta because there are microtransactions" betas actually release fairly constant patches?

If this were not a beta, there would not be so many updates in a week.

Just a tip: Go calm down a little. It's an actual beta, not the shenanigans that other developers have been throwing out and calling beta.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Disapointed i have to spend 6 hours downloading the ggpk file again due to it being corrupted. considering in only have a few hours per day to play if that.

Possibly there could be a sticky on the forum advising players to backup this file in the rare case of corruption??

I had the same error code today. It sucks but I enjoy the heck out of this game so I will uninstall/re-install. Its best to accept this as just a minor set back. We all value are time in game to different degrees, if you enjoy it enough this is a no brainer to fix the problem and re-install. In my humble opinion.
"
crzdkiwi wrote:
Possibly there could be a sticky on the forum advising players to backup this file in the rare case of corruption??

Even if it were a sticky, people wouldn't read it until it was too late.

For me, it's just common sense to back up large critical files in Beta software (even non-beta software sometimes). Even after the first time I installed PoE the first thing I did was inspect the files in the folder, and make a note that the Content.ggpk was huge and took all the time, so I made a copy of it to prevent having to download it all again.

Perhaps that's just because of my experience with beta software though. I'm used to rolling back and re-installing all the time.. so I kept a version around in case I needed to re-install again.
This could be a fluke but I tried to run the game twice being in disbelief that I had the Content.GGPK error meaning I'd have to reinstall, which is not an option for me as I live in the country and only have 6GB of data a month. I decided to run the launcher as an administrator and poof!! it downloaded a 10MB file...yes 10MB not GB lol and it worked!! give that a shot before you waste 5GB, specially if your monthly plan like mine is only 6 lol
"
Philminator wrote:
This could be a fluke but I tried to run the game twice being in disbelief that I had the Content.GGPK error meaning I'd have to reinstall, which is not an option for me as I live in the country and only have 6GB of data a month. I decided to run the launcher as an administrator and poof!! it downloaded a 10MB file...yes 10MB not GB lol and it worked!! give that a shot before you waste 5GB, specially if your monthly plan like mine is only 6 lol

The only time i've seen the error on the forums it is usually down to your ISP caching files.
Using a VPN should fix the problem.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info