[3.13] Doomfletch Split Arrow Mines - Starter Viable - End Game Capable - High Damage, Low Budget

Supports skills that hit enemies, causing them to gain bonuses while you have resonance of all three elements, and to grant resonance of elements other than the highest one in a hit. There is a maximum of 50 Resonance for each Element. Cannot support triggered skills, instant skills, orb skills, brands, skills which reserve mana, or skills used by totems, traps, or mines. Cannot modify the skills of minions.
👀
Anyone notice now that Sentinels of Purity no longer spawn when you kill an enemy or hit a rare/unique enemy? I guess our mines kill/hit and not us, so they just "fixed a bug" in the skill behavior.
Great build and incredibly cheap to gear. Doomfletch Prism, Kaom’s Heart, and Pointblank Drillneck all drop significantly in price after early league. I don’t see the potential to scale damage much more with significant investment, but so far it’s enough for everything I’ve wanted to do.

Suggestions: Vitality is great when leveling. Minefield is a must for clear, but I prefer swift assembly when using barrage support in order to place mines more safely. I suggest dropping Volatile mines for Destructive apparatus. You might also consider using Crown of Inward Eye or Brinerot Whalers if you can get resists elsewhere. Golem on CWDT is nice QOL, otherwise you can expect DPS loss when it’s down.

Pointblank is not necessary on the clear setup. The extra pierce actually feels much better for dense mobs (Ritual, Harbinger with reinforcements).

For anyone looking for a tankier (as in tank Sirus’s “die” beam) version, try Inquisitor. Here is a theoretical mockup using BlaydeX15’s POB gear.

https://pastebin.com/43DCat2u

We lose a chunk of damage from 0.07s slower throwing speed (18% more throwing time), and we are less likely to instaphase bosses with the slower detonation sequence. However, being more tanky means we can use barrage support safely for any boss that doesn’t have a ton of mobs to redirect mine aggro. In general I find that I can put out more damage because it’s safer to do so.

Corrupted Soul lets us split damage between life and ES, and combined with Pious Path lets essentially doubles regen. Immune to elemental ailments so we don’t need to worry about shock and can completely drop freeze flask. We can also use Enduring Cry to quickly fill both life and ES pools.

The regen means we can use Forbidden taste as a seething flask (full HP on 1 button) and ignore the chaos damage through regen (except in no regen maps).

Mines also synergize well with Soul of Tukohama, as we stop every time we throw mines. If you’re tossing a bunch of mines in a single detonation sequence, you’re probably stationary. That means Frost Shield works well (and we regen through the ES cost for free), and Tukohama gives 8% additional physical damage reduction and 2% life regen.

Here’s my current setup after dropping a bit of damage for more defensive layers:
https://pastebin.com/5h6eD9YR

"
Slow_Punch wrote:
Anyone notice now that Sentinels of Purity no longer spawn when you kill an enemy or hit a rare/unique enemy? I guess our mines kill/hit and not us, so they just "fixed a bug" in the skill behavior.

It never did, but the poison from Coated Shrapnel will sometimes kill, which spawns the sentinels.
"
Firo wrote:

"
Slow_Punch wrote:

It never did, but the poison from Coated Shrapnel will sometimes kill, which spawns the sentinels.

Ok, I've noticed occasionally that I seem to dip on my rage meter, indicating that I was directly doing some kind of "hit" damage, which was perplexing.

I hope it's not messing up my "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently" enchant.
"
Slow_Punch wrote:
"
Firo wrote:

"
Slow_Punch wrote:

Ok, I've noticed occasionally that I seem to dip on my rage meter, indicating that I was directly doing some kind of "hit" damage, which was perplexing.

I hope it's not messing up my "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently" enchant.

Make sure you don't have a glove enchant that hits, that's happened to me before.
"
Make sure you don't have a glove enchant that hits, that's happened to me before.

Right, I explicitly left off the glove enchant for that reason.
Last edited by Slow_Punch on Mar 3, 2021, 4:14:47 AM
Does anyone have a video of Maven's kill?
👀
Does 75% poison chance from jewels reset our boots enchant?
Finally did Maven yesterday! Because I’m bad, I had several avoidable early deaths, and then failed the final memory game every time until I killed her on the last portal. Damage is plenty if you’re good at the fight. If you’re bad like me, more damage would be nice to increase margin of error. Unfortunately we don’t get to benefit from Indigon mana shenanigans.

The setup I used was barrage support and swift assembly (sustained boss damage is 7.9 million DPS):

https://pastebin.com/zBLUJ4Hr

Switching out swift assembly for minefield can boost it to 9.9 million DPS, but the longer throwing time is too dangerous. Dropping barrage support for more clear/better targeting is also not bad at 5.2 million DPS.

I wanted to get high enough cold resist to hit cap with 2 items and use the 3rd for chaos resist, but I ended up hitting t2 cold damage and can’t bear to roll over it.

When mapping I drop Ryslatha for Replica Soul Tether and switch Glorious Vanity (Corrupted Soul) to Lethal Pride (Chainbreaker) for berserk movespeed and reduced damage taken. I depend on an enduring hybrid flask for mana, so I wouldn’t try it for bosses unless you have flat mana regen.
So, I don't really feel like maintaining the build guide anymore. Sorry guys. Has taken too much of my time, and with the early proposed nerfs to Chainbreaker and mine mana cost/reservation, I don't feel like fixing it to work any more.

If someone wants to cover the guide, or remake it for this league, feel free.

If anyone wants to run the build in 3.14+, it hasn't changed too much, though running chainbreaker might no longer be possible, and you'll have to figure out maintaining the mana costs.

Thankfully though, it's kinda picked up a life of its own. It's proven to be a viable build now, and enough people have played it that I think it will stay alive without me maintaining this guide.

Sorry to disappoint, it's just become too much work to keep up on all the changes for a build I don't really play any more. Best of luck everyone!
Last edited by BlaydeX15 on Apr 12, 2021, 6:45:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info