Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
Sigrosa wrote:
Really happy to see you all talking about exactly what I've been thinking about. EB MoM Guardian, with devouring diadem :P
Well not guardian, but hierophant XD

I was really thinking soulwrest has good potential with it. My gem links and some other things are entirely not figured out but here's what my tree looks like so far. Also any ideas on new spectres that might further buff animated weapons/phantasms instead of doing damage directly?

I like the idea of scaling additional phys with soulwrest, carrion golem but it is hard to make it comparable to necromancer.

https://pastebin.com/kjHZMGG3

Sidenote in PoB how are you correctly making EE show up in the resistance multipliers? I found a way around by simply putting -50 of target resistance but I see other PoB the target hit by checkmarks seem to add it automatically.

edit: I really want phantasms to scale decently because it would be cool getting free phantasms while you trigger bladefall/curse/exposure/offering and then go back to summoning blades but I don't think they will scale even with supports in soulwrest

Not sure about best new spectres - I'm going to wait and see for some other dedicated person to figure that out :)

Soulwrest seems like it could work. I think there's a build currently that uses Soulwrest/Bubonic Trail for fast mapping, and then summons skeletons for the boss. Could probably do the same thing here with little modification.

Not really sold on Hierophant though. Is that just to stack mana for MoM? I feel like you sacrifice way too much minion DPS for that defensive benefit. None of the hiero spell damage stuff helps.

For EE: when I opened config on PoB for your build, in the bottom it had all 3 elements checked for "enemy was hit by..." Are you on the recent LocalIdentity fork for PoB, or the old version? That's all I can think of, that you might have incomplete version of the program.
https://pastebin.com/FyJx9ss1

Items are overpowered, still it should be 1M+++ dps each in a normal items
"
Appreciate all the legwork you did on the leveling section.

One other bit of leveling DPS is you can link Infernal Legion to Skitterbots.

Thank you! Infernal Legion-bots is nice idea, though it reserves a lot of mana.

"
Uoykai wrote:

https://pastebin.com/FyJx9ss1

Items are overpowered, still it should be 1M+++ dps each in a normal items

Guardian very much inferior choice to Necro, barring some really heavy-handed nerf that kills the class (unlikely). Your build would be more efficient if you read the guide.
"

Guardian very much inferior choice to Necro, barring some really heavy-handed nerf that kills the class (unlikely). Your build would be more efficient if you read the guide.

Patch notes haven't even dropped, and you're talking like you know it all from all perspectives. Talking down on other people's ideas as if you have the final word. Not the best look.
"
insulted wrote:
"

Patch notes haven't even dropped, and you're talking like you know it all from all perspectives. Talking down on other people's ideas as if you have the final word. Not the best look.
So what? What he said is true, if the necromancer is not hardly nerfed, it will be far superior to guardian in every way which matter. That's all.

Last edited by Keyen on Mar 7, 2020, 10:44:03 AM
"
insulted wrote:
"

Tell you what, if Necro gets nerfed in such a way that my comment was wrong and Guardian is better, my character this league will be named IM_SORRY_UOYKAI.

That scenario would involve the Mistress of Sacrifice node being deleted from the game, as otherwise Necro is always going to be the preferred choice (and if not Necro, then Scion). Lacking final numbers from patch notes is not the same thing as total amnesia.

Editing to add: in light of this discussion, I'll add a section on why Necromancer is the ascendancy of choice to the build.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 7, 2020, 12:28:09 PM
"

Not sure about best new spectres - I'm going to wait and see for some other dedicated person to figure that out :)

Not really sold on Hierophant though. Is that just to stack mana for MoM? I feel like you sacrifice way too much minion DPS for that defensive benefit. None of the hiero spell damage stuff helps.

Yes I was just experimenting, not a serious build. But by the sounds of other comments on summon phantasm and the new wand skills I think trigger casting and using spellslinger help too much. And if you use a staff it's very difficult to also get block which is defensively very useful.

If anyone is theory crafting this with spectres I recommend following this spectre build discussion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/315

In Hercanic's reply there is a link to the null area monsters on PoEDB which are monsters that have non-specific spawn locations. I found the responses to be surprisingly in depth without more information.

"

For EE: when I opened config on PoB for your build, in the bottom it had all 3 elements checked for "enemy was hit by..." Are you on the recent LocalIdentity fork for PoB, or the old version? That's all I can think of, that you might have incomplete version of the program.

Yeah I've checked and unchecked them many times, checked my version etc. I'll just keep cheesing it to work thanks XD
Another useful tidbit. Edit the line below onto your Triad Grip in PoB to get the damage conversion to actually work. You can replace the word Fire with other elements as needed.

Minions gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

"
Another useful tidbit. Edit the line below onto your Triad Grip in PoB to get the damage conversion to actually work. You can replace the word Fire with other elements as needed.

That, huh, not what triad grip do.
"
Keyen wrote:
"

That, huh, not what triad grip do.

Drat, I didn't see that "Extra" bit, never mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info