3.10 Idea for Necro CoC animate weapons

https://pastebin.com/sJnxFzjj

Had an idea for the build based on how bladefall will leave blades in the ground which you can cast animate weapon on it. Pretty self explanatory it makes use of the cast when you attack with a bow items and cast on crit to make mechanic work plus using minion instability with infernal legion on the weapons POB showing average of around 220k shaper per minion not sure if that is right. With 50 weapons that go boom pretty dumb idea. If you have any suggestions or better POB set up would like to know
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2020, 2:26:28 PM
The damage does seem to be solid, with the caveat that I'm not 100% sure PoB should be using animate weapon's base damage modifier as a 150% more damage multiplier for MI, but I've also never had a reason to test that interaction before.

What I'm not sold on is the playstyle, you'll be locked at summoning between 3 and 4 weapons per second because of asenath chant's internal CD, and they'll explode approximately 6.7 seconds after being summoned assuming they aren't hit by anything else, so more reasonably they'll stick around for 4-5 seconds right?

So you'll be soft capped at having 10-15 out at any time, and your clear will be pretty dependent on the ai for the weapons. It could be good, but I think it's something we'll have to play around with.

Also some notes from the PoB.
* The dps seems to be unusable, it lists an attack/cast time of 2/sec, but minions cannot explode for MI more than once. The actual single target is probably more accurately calculated as (Hit damage)*(summoned/sec) but even that's not perfect.
* Why do you have the spell crit cluster allocated? I can't see any benefit at all to it.
* You'll really want Cinderswallow, pretty much everything will be ignited so your explosions will get a nice boost to damage. (tick ignited in calcs, your boots give you base fire damage and your crits guarentee the ignites, not to mention the herald of ash)
* Speaking of HoA, why? Seems like a bunch of reserved mana for scaling something that you're not really doing.
* You have to specify 15% shock effectiveness (I'm assuming this is ticked because of necro) for it to include the shock in the calculation.
* Feeding frenzy should probably be checked too, but if you're worried about how reliably you can keep it up idk, that one's up to you.
* Quiver? Maloney's mechanism for another automated spell if you got the currency maybe.
* You really need accuracy sorted out, but I'm assuming that was just something you didn't want to bother with in the PoB, just remember to do it on the actual char.
* You're gonna want to get as many levels as you can on animate weapon, it's huge for the MI damage, start with assuming you can get a lvl 21 gem at the very least. After that, +1 amulet, then +2 duration corrupt on asenaths.

I think that's everything that stands out for now, but I'll be doin my own theorycrafting on AW for the next while, so I'll come back if I think of something else to say.
I kind of had the same idea regarding the animate weapon spawn rate using asenaths which i thought if i crafted a cast of crit bow which then i can use animate weapon in the bow and allow for asenath to bladefall since its seems a tad bit reliable in procing where crit is chanced.
There was a few things i hadnt adding in yet when i posted the build since as of right now not many facts are know about the new jewels yet and possible nerfs in CoC.
Thanks for the input and yea Maloneys mechanism would be be nice quality of life to switch curse hit proc in the quiver then use the rain of arrows in boots for another cast on crit setup for more weapons
POB update switched up a few things.
Now using two CoC animate weapon set up one in the bow and other in boots the average hit for minion instability has gone up. From watching videos looks like each instance of bladefall around 5 weapons can be obtained.
One thing to note possible ring swap of dream fragments its just preference.
Note: This version seems more of end game potential where currency is plenty

https://pastebin.com/QWLhXxwM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info