[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

"
Malbini wrote:
"
Daibom wrote:
Hi,

trying to break 5M DPS but am stuck at around 3.4M i believe (according to PoB). Though I am not really sure if that figure is right as I cannot find the Impale tick box.

I am level 96. Can you tell me what I need to upgrade / passives to acquire to get to that number? Here is my gear and my POB link. I play on Standard so I cant take advantage of the new cluster gems.

https://pastebin.com/xvY2KNZN

Will another high pDPS claw work (replacing the Unique Blood Seeker with Instant Life Leech) ? or will I die too often ?

Do I need to change my Curse ring ? Its Vulnerability now but not sure if Assassin's mark will make a noticeable difference ?

thanks and I -DO- love this build. Good balance between tankiness and DPS, map clear speed . Cheers and hoping for a reply.

first of all: you play standard and not league meaning you cant use cluster jewels.

your amulet is shit because you use brutality gem making the 20% phys as lightning completely useless. you have to get added flat phys dmg instead!

gloves are missing attackspeed or added phys entirely so 0 dps from this slot. kinda strange you have max awakened gems and then use these 2c gloves lol

like somesome mentioned you should switch your sulphur flask (not bottled faith obviously) for a quicksilver flask.

the watcher's eye u are using (attack dmg with pride) is by far the worst pride mod but im guessing thats a currency issue? (best would be +2 pride impale stacks)

spoiler alert: there is no "impale tick box" in POB : )

cheers

thank you ! hadnt realized i had 2 sulphur flasks equipped. Yes 1 is supposed to be a quicksilver flask .

thanks for noticing the issues with amulet and the gloves. I would not have found that out myself :) Though the amulet is kinda of a compromise item. I need the Int badly to equip many of my items and the +1 melee strike range and other melee modifiers kinda outweighed the lightning damage uselessness.

yes currency is an issue in standard. very expensive stuff here and im a church mouse . Will just wait 2 more months or so to try the new cluster jewels (when they are migrated eventually to standard).

Last edited by Daibom on Mar 31, 2020, 6:13:27 PM
noob question: Will there ever be a point in game where u would replace the bloodseeker? c:
"
noob question: Will there ever be a point in game where u would replace the bloodseeker? c:

You can always replace it as you want, but you better be sure you want to lose that huge sustain boost.

https://pastebin.com/n1eXBbvu

So, I know my itens overall are pretty crap. I want to know where should I start into improving the character for DPS (I'm using tabula as I can't really afford a 6L right now).
And wich you guys think will be better: devoto or abyssus (I have both, using abyssus looks way better on damage but way slower).

I'm kinda newb, and using this char as "league starter" (I know, we'r mid league already) to farm out. I don't know if I'm configuring PoB correctly, but I'm getting arround 1m dps on PoB with this. (I don't think PoB is accounting for deep cuts, smite the weak, winds up and Martial Prowes, all from the cluster jewels)
First time posting but how are my items?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KuramasaXP/characters?characterName=TheSTruongC
"
fuinharlz wrote:
I want to know where should I start into improving the character for DPS (I'm using tabula as I can't really afford a 6L right now).
And wich you guys think will be better: devoto or abyssus (I have both, using abyssus looks way better on damage but way slower).

First I'd look to improve your flask situation, a Lions Roar is fairly cheap atm (5-6c) and will be a good DPS increase. Try to get 20% quality on all the flasks your using, as this increases the up time. You'll also want to replace the mana flask as soon as is reasonable with a Diamond flask, this will also give a good DPS upgrade. And you're lvl 80 but not using a Divine Life flask, I'd look to remedy that asap. Then look to get a Steel Ring (or two), (5-10c looks like it gets you life, res and phys dmg to attacks).

I've only ever run with Abyssus on this build (after upgrading from a rare helmet) so that would be my recommendation. A correctly rolled quicksilver and silver flasks can give you a nice speed boost during mapping, which I've found helps heaps. I picked up a small cluster jewel with 'immune to poison' which also helped immensely, as well as being curse immune while channeling (from a medium cluster jewel) and these two nodes mean it's a lot easier to cover the outstanding degens/debuffs on the flasks (burning, freeze/chill, bleed), I'm lacking shock protection but haven't found that to be too detrimental.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.
Last edited by Cypr3ss_2012 on Apr 1, 2020, 2:27:48 AM
"
Malbini wrote:

the watcher's eye u are using (attack dmg with pride) is by far the worst pride mod but im guessing thats a currency issue? (best would be +2 pride impale stacks)

spoiler alert: there is no "impale tick box" in POB : )

cheers

i went ahead and invested in this

but the "tooltip" damage went down. And it doesnt have seem to have gone up in PoB.

Sir, can you kindly explain why it is better than this ?

Not really familiar with the math so i just end up looking at the tooltip number.

I have Master of Metal , Swift Skewering

Dont have : Foreceful skeweing

thanks!

Hi BergerBush having an amazing time!

But DPS is a bit of an issue, am only getting around 200k tool tip DPS.

Is there an issue I am not seeing?

https://pastebin.com/CimNws3a

Big Thanks for anyone that can answer my queries.

Thanks and stay safe everyone :D
"
Cypr3ss_2012 wrote:

I've only ever run with Abyssus on this build (after upgrading from a rare helmet) so that would be my recommendation. A correctly rolled quicksilver and silver flasks can give you a nice speed boost during mapping, which I've found helps heaps. I picked up a small cluster jewel with 'immune to poison' which also helped immensely, as well as being curse immune while channeling (from a medium cluster jewel) and these two nodes mean it's a lot easier to cover the outstanding degens/debuffs on the flasks (burning, freeze/chill, bleed), I'm lacking shock protection but haven't found that to be too detrimental.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

What's the cluster jewel that gives immunity to poison? I can't find it.
First of all I would like to say: thank you Bergerbrush for the build and such detailed explanations - great job!! that's amazing, instead of playing new league you were doing it for us ;)

I am not having much time for playing but even slow progression is really satisfying!

Question: how important is Armor for this build and in general in POE? I am still new (nooob :D ) to the game and not sure if the armor should be my concern

Once again, thank you!

K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info