Glass Cannon (SSFHC)

Anyone playing glass cannon build in ssfhc? If yes what build are you playing?
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 4:50:32 AM
Tried it here and there (divine ire one shot trickster was my last) but they just die.

Usually in yellow tier maps, not against bosses or morphs, just... walking into a room, hit by spam chaos projectiles, or a magic pack with an ugly crit mod all hits their ranged attacks at once, something like that.

You could try a deep delve build, scourge arrow withs tons of elemental damage with attacks/bows.

But eventually, it will just die, and youll have wasted a bunch on money.
"
trixxar wrote:
Tried it here and there (divine ire one shot trickster was my last) but they just die.

Usually in yellow tier maps, not against bosses or morphs, just... walking into a room, hit by spam chaos projectiles, or a magic pack with an ugly crit mod all hits their ranged attacks at once, something like that.

You could try a deep delve build, scourge arrow withs tons of elemental damage with attacks/bows.

But eventually, it will just die, and youll have wasted a bunch on money.

I see thanks.

Actually I don't care that much about money because all currencies and items will be gone once my character died.
Glass cannoning is tricky in bosses that have arenas, you get a good whoop from Drek in Fields and bye-bye.

Don't get me started on legion or even einhar mobs with the divebombs ability that can offscreen you quite easily.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Feb 18, 2020, 1:58:02 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
Glass cannoning is tricky in bosses that have arenas, you get a good whoop from Drek in Fields and bye-bye.

Don't get me started on legion or even einhar mobs with the divebombs ability that can offscreen you quite easily.

If that's the case, I will just have to avoid them.
The best way to live in HC is avoid all league and special content (incursion, red mobs, betrayal, etc.)

But at some point, you have to ask yourself why you are playing.

This was a good SSF HC build for a while and it always felt very glass cannon to me.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2112439

Both witch and BV have been nerfed, but tree is improved, so dps should be similar.
You pretty much can't do anything with a glass cannon build other than mapping. No side content. Not even boss. Just map. Even regular mapping can fuck you up. You spawned a beyond boss? You probably need to run. Porcupines? Run. Procced a syndicate ambush? Run.

It's not that fun running glass cannon imo I tried it before. Everything you do there is a second thought because anything can kill you.
"
yamface wrote:
You pretty much can't do anything with a glass cannon build other than mapping. No side content. Not even boss. Just map. Even regular mapping can fuck you up. You spawned a beyond boss? You probably need to run. Porcupines? Run. Procced a syndicate ambush? Run.

It's not that fun running glass cannon imo I tried it before. Everything you do there is a second thought because anything can kill you.

Ya, it's not fun if I need to skip almost everything, but when that happened I just create a new different glass cannon build and try again.
Last edited by dohh2008 on Feb 19, 2020, 3:21:52 AM
I felt kinda boring if playing safe haha..
There are no real glass cannon builds in PoE anymore, especially not in HC. The closest you get to glass cannon are IIQ/IIR characters farming low tier maps, often Burial Chambers for The Doctor divination chard in the past.

You can play low defense character in this game in softcore with solid success if you are ranged and highly mobile but it is still not a glass cannon. You must be able to take a hit otherwise you will be in standard or in town all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info