[3.9] Shadow's Berserker Blade Flurry | League Starter | All Content | Leveling Guide

Hello Exiles,

Welcome to my Blade Flurry guide for the Berserker. This guide is currently updated for patch 3.9 (Metamorph League & Conquerors of the Atlas).

I will continue updating the guide for 3.10

Enjoy :D

This will be my league starter for 3.10 IF impale doesn't get nerfed hard

Changelog
Removed Abyssus, switch it out for Rare with nearby enemies take -9% increased physical damage. Removed Abyssus in the PoB.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Pros and Cons

Pros
Very fun and engaging build to play
Very fast pace build
Very big aoe clear
One of the best single target dmg gems in the game
Boss Killer
Impale!
Free 100% accuracy with Ichimonji (96% with Paradoxica)
Can do almost all map mods (avoid any reflect phys)
Able to do all content (all maps, Uber Atziri, All Labs, Shaper and Guardians, Elder, Uber elder, Elder Guardians, Sirus A8)
Leech
Easy/Cheap to gear with room for lots of improvements as you get more currency

Cons
Phys Reflect maps are NOT possible
Can be pretty expensive to fully min/max yourself for end game gear (I got to about 20-40ex on my gear)
Not a 1-click-AFK build
Clearspeed is nice but not super-fast, we use Haemophila to counter that sorta..

PoB
https://pastebin.com/GMDxTq4G

Gear Breakdown

Helmet
Use a rare with life resists and nearby enemies take -9% increased physical damage, you can also use Rat's Nest or Starkonja's Head for a unique alternative

Weapons

Ichimonji is amazing for league start since they are only 3-5c, they will carry you all the way to endgame. Of course you can duel wield Paradoxica if you have the currency

Chest

Belly for a lot of life, Loreweave if you want more damage. A rare with -15 mana cost and Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance will be our endgame. Of course you can use any rare with life and resists will work fine.

Gloves

Haemophilia gives us the clear speed we need.
You can also run some Tombfists corrupted with Vulnerability on Hit, if you don't care about clear speed and want more damage. (Socket in a Murderous Eye)

Boots
Rares.
Look for these Stats: Life, Movement Speed, Resists

Belt
Rare Stygian Vise, Rustic Sash, or Leather Belt.
Look for These Stats: Life, Resists, increased Attack Speed during any Flask Effect (Redeemer Base),Enemies have % to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits (Hunter Base)

Rings and Amulet
Rares.
Look for These Stats:Life, Resists, Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks, -# to Total Mana Cost of Skills, or craft -3 Mana Cost of Skills (Only if you DON'T have the endgame Body Armour with -15 Mana Cost)

Jewels
Look for these stats on Rare Jewels:
#% Increased Attack Speed
#% Increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
#% Increased Attack Speed with Swords
#% Increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
#% Increased Global Critical Strike Chance
#% Increased Maximum Life

Look For These Stats on Rare Abyss Jewels:
Adds # to # Physical Damage to Sword Attacks
#% Increased Attack Speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently
# to Maximum Life
#% Increased Attack Speed
#% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
#% increased Damage if you've Killed Recently
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've Killed Recently
#% increased Attack Speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently

Gems and Links
Main 6-Link:
Blade Flurry - Maim - Pulverize (Replace with Awakened Brutality if you have) - Infused Channeling - Impale - (Awakened) Melee Physical Damage

Boots:
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify

Gloves:
Blood Rage - Enhance - Berserk - Portal

Weapons:
Immortal Call (Level 3) - Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) - Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Replace Immortal Call with Vaal Molten Shell and Level both CwDT and Vaal Molten Shell to 20. (Use Vaal Molten Shell when fighting Metamorphs/Bosses)

Blood and Sand - Summon Lightning Golem - Precision (Level 1)

Auras:
Pride - Flesh and Stone - Enlighten - Dread Banner

Flasks
- Lion's Roar
- Bottled Faith
- Atziri's Promise

(Replace Bottled Faith for Taste of Hate for Budget)

Those 3 are your main unique flasks and add a ton of damage. Diamond flask of heat for your utility and freeze immune and then a life flask of staunching to take care of bleed immune + healing. Feel free to swap this out for another utility flask if you want. Running 0 life flasks is getting more and more popular. Forbidden taste is a good option for replacing your life flask. Gives 10% dodge to attacks + spells and phasing which is pretty nice for delving.

Bandit
Help Alira for the 5 mana regen/s, 15 to all resists, and 20% crit multi

Ascendancy Points
Get These in Order
Flawless Savagery - Crave the Slaughter - Rite of Ruin - Aspect of Carnage
(You can replace Aspect of Carnage for Pain Reaver if you want)

Enchants
Helmet - 40% increased Blade Flurry Damage

Gloves - Trigger Commandment of Blades on Hit
Trigger Commandment of Reflection when Hit

Boots - 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

Pantheon
Minor God - Shakari
Major God - Soul of Solaris

Annointments
Tenacity (Crimson - Gold - Gold) - Best Annointment for us, more life and damage

Charging Offensive (Teal - Violet - Silver) - Damage, Free Frenzy and Endurance Charges

Strong Arm (Clear - Azure - Opal) - Very Budget for some Damage

Razor's Edge (Verdant - Azure - Violet) - Very Budget for some Damage and Bleed

Playstyle

General Mapping:
1: Leap Slam around
2: Channel Blade Flurry
3: Everything Dies
4: Repeat
Make sure you use Flasks and Blood Rage once in a while

Bosses:
1: Place down a Vaal Ancestral Warchief
2: Pop Flasks
3: Channel Blade Flurry and get to 6 Stacks
4: Pop Berserk if you have Rage Stacks
5: Release Blade Flurry for Big Burst
6: Repeat (Skip Flasks if they are still up)

Last edited by ShadowBlazinIce on Feb 19, 2020, 1:47:02 PM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2020, 11:42:21 PM
Leveling

Acts
Act 1: Get into Lioneye's Watch, grab Groundslam and link it with Ruthless. Do Bestel's quest and get a Quicksilver Flask. Once you finish The Siren's Cadence, grab Infernal Blow. This will be your melee skill until bladestorm

Get Ancestral Protector after entering the Submerged Passage.

Get Added Fire Support and Leap Slam after killing Brutus.

Act 2: Help Alira. Kill the Weaver then go to Yeena, get Faster Attacks and Elemental Damage with Attacks from Yeena.

Your 4-Link Setup Should Be:Infernal Blow - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - Elemental Damage With Attacks.

Link Leap Slam with Faster Attacks.

Pick up Blood Rage.

Act 3: After killing Grevacious get Bladestorm and use that if you have two good swords and/or axes.

Act 4: Get Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Phase Run, Cast When Damage Taken and a Lightning Golem.

Get a 4 link for: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 6) - Blood Rage (lvl 10) - Phase Run (lvl 8) -Punishment (lvl 9)
The Levels on These Gems are Important

Act 5: Nothing Just Keep Going

Act 6: Grab Fortify, setup a 3 link with Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify.

Leap into a pack to gain fortify and Infernal Blow/Bladestorm them to death (should only take a hit or two)

If you want, u can buy Blade Flurry from Lily, and use that instead of Bladestorm. Your damage will be a bit low. Use the endgame Link setup for Blade Flurry

Act 7-8: Nothing Changes

Act 9: I usually like to farm up a Tabula in the Blood Aquaducts. If you don't then just continue.

Act 10: Quickly kill Kitava, proceed with Kirac's Questline

Do some maps and gather some currency, get two Ichimonji swords, and Haemophilia Gloves

You should now transition into Blade Flurry if you haven't already.

Follow your End Game Links Above :)

Crafting

Crafting Endgame Body

Step 1: Get a Six-linked iLevel 84/86 Elder/Hunter Influenced Astral Plate (Clicking Astral Plate will bring you to a search for Elder AND Hunter Six-Linked Plate) (You can buy a Hunter's Exalted Orb Here and just slam) (You can also six-link your own Astral Plate if you think your lucky :P)

Step 2: Quality to 20% and Scour Orb to make it into a normal (Skip Scour orb if you are using Potent Chaotic Resonators since you need a rare to use the resonator)

Step 3: Get some Potent Chaotic Resonator or Potent Alchemical Resonator

Step 4: Get One Pristine Fossil and One Serrated Fossil

Step 5: Socket both fossils onto the Potent Resonator, and use it on the body armour

Repeat until you get Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost, Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance, and some Good Life

If you need a better explanation, watch DonTheCrown's Crafting Guide on his chest, It's practically the same and is much better explained than what I wrote xD

Now, if u want a different more expensive version, you can buy a Crusader influenced chestplate with "Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage" and use an Awakener's orb on your Hunter Influenced chestplate to transfer both the "Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance" and "Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage" to your Astral Plate. This chestplate will make it so that u won't need Haemophila and can run Tombfist, or rare instead. I actually like to run Hand's of the High Templar with vulnerability curse, life and AoE to socket in your auras. You can buy a fully crafted one here: Endgame Explody Chestplate. Now, if you have a mirror sitting around and want to buy the BEST possible chestplate for us... well look at this: Mirror Tier Explody Chestplate
Last edited by ShadowBlazinIce on Feb 17, 2020, 6:59:17 PM
F.A.Q
Spoiler

SSF Friendly?
Yup, just replace your swords with nice Foils and you are set to go, you won’t have Haemophilia (unless it drops) so your clear speed will be a bit low.

HC Viable?
Probably not, we still get one shotted from time to time, even without Abyssus, I personally have not tested in HC and I probably never will... (I die a lot during the acts because I’m bad at the game XD)

What are our Defenses?
Leech, 100% Stun Avoidance, 20% Block Chance... just basically don't get hit 4head

What is our MAXIMUM Damage output?
I've gotten to 60 million DPS with a different version of the build, I was running two Herald of Purity Synthesized Rings with Buff Effect and Damage, and double pride watcher's eye.. We don't need this much damage :)

Why Berserker?
I went Berserker mainly for the rage and a ton more damage. Of course you can go Gladiator and pick up Blood in the Eyes, Gratuitous Violence, Arena Challenger and Outmatch and Outlast for your ascendancy points. With Gladiator you don't need Haemophila since Gratuitous Violence already makes monsters explode when they bleed. Use a Tombfist or rares instead

How Far can I Delve?
I've made it to 600, you can definitely go further

Can I Use Headhunter?
I mean.. if you have the currency go for it.

I have currency to spend, what should i use it on?
Assuming you already got most things covered such as; A 6L body armour, maxed gem levels and 20% quality, capped resistance, max hp is above 5.5k, In order of importance;

> Paradoxica for a TON more damage

> Awakened Brutality (Replace Pulverize) and Awakened Melee Physical Damage

> Steel or Diamond Rings with Life, Resists, T1 Flat Physical

> Haemophilia or Tombfist with Vulnerability on Hit

> Blade Flurry Enchantment (40% more damage)

I got Apply Second Curse on my body armour when crafting... What do I do?
If you get -15 mana cost, attacks have crit AND curse... then congrats u probably have close to a mirror tier body armour. Now, u can use Vulnerability on gloves (corrupt) AND assassins Mark on rings

More of my Guides
Last edited by ShadowBlazinIce on Feb 19, 2020, 1:50:15 PM
Alright so I decided to give this a try with the gear I had sitting around in my stash:

I think I do around 6M dps with just this. I could be wrong. My wife was stirring when I tried to check so I got off the desktop. I feel like the abyssus is gunna make me eat shit all the time tbh lol I may switch to a starkonja. More life and crit. I actually may invest in some foils and see where this can go considering paradoxia is like 30ex on PS4.

Edit: with my gear I completed t15 map. Abyssus ripped me on metamorph due mostly to 50% damage taken and I have an evasion chest. I was using a rare helmet during the map clearing phase but dps seemed lacking but my swords are early mapping swords, not end game. All in all, not a bad build if the survivability is there.
Last edited by Poetical-Lies on Feb 16, 2020, 11:23:06 PM
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:
Alright so I decided to give this a try with the gear I had sitting around in my stash:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I think I do around 6M dps with just this. I could be wrong. My wife was stirring when I tried to check so I got off the desktop. I feel like the abyssus is gunna make me eat shit all the time tbh lol I may switch to a starkonja. More life and crit. I actually may invest in some foils and see where this can go considering paradoxia is like 30ex on PS4.

Edit: with my gear I completed t15 map. Abyssus ripped me on metamorph due mostly to 50% damage taken and I have an evasion chest. I was using a rare helmet during the map clearing phase but dps seemed lacking but my swords are early mapping swords, not end game. All in all, not a bad build if the survivability is there.

Definitely switch out Abyssus with a rare helmet with -9% Physical, abyssus gives MASSIVE damage, but u will always get one shotted. Use Starkonja or Rat's Nest for a unique
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Have you looked into bringer of rain as a budget helmet or anything or to see what dps survivability is like with it
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:
Have you looked into bringer of rain as a budget helmet or anything or to see what dps survivability is like with it

I have.. i just don't like it since its very gimmicky. Its pretty much a 7-link but the big thing is the line "Can't use Chest armour". This makes it so that we can't have an explody chest and the nice -15 total mana cost. To much of a change for us

Edit: There's a different guide on Blade Flurry using the helmet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925500
Last edited by ShadowBlazinIce on Feb 17, 2020, 7:05:30 PM
"
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:

I have.. i just don't like it since its very gimmicky. Its pretty much a 7-link but the big thing is the line "Can't use Chest armour". This makes it so that we can't have an explody chest and the nice -15 total mana cost. To much of a change for us

Edit: There's a different guide on Blade Flurry using the helmet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925500

Fair enough. I'm in the process of making a 6l Mana cost chest and getting foils. I love the dps but hate the constant one shots or getting dropped for 1/4 to 1/2 health. I have the same issue on my facebreaker that does 11m dps lol trying to find a more solid build and I am fond of blade flurry.
Last edited by Poetical-Lies on Feb 17, 2020, 10:24:33 PM
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:
"
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:

Fair enough. I'm in the process of making a 6l Mana cost chest and getting foils. I love the dps but hate the constant one shots or getting dropped for 1/4 to 1/2 health. I have the same issue on my facebreaker that does 11m dps lol trying to find a more solid build and I am fond of blade flurry.

If you have not, drop the abyssus, that should help you survive much longer, use a rare instead with -9% physical or a starkonja, if you already dropped abyssus, spec out of Aspect of Carnage and use Pain Reaver instead.
Last edited by ShadowBlazinIce on Feb 18, 2020, 7:20:08 AM
Hey.
Reached lvl 77 in one day of gameplay. Pretty nice build.
Sometimes i find myself getting one shot. Can you take a look at my character to see if there is something wrong? Close to 4k hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info