Lost item on char

Hi

i had a perpetual granite flask on my XL_Predator_XL build in metamorph. Today its gone. :-) it was in slot 4.
ive heard vaguely about items that disappear. can anyone help?

best regards
Soulcommander
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 7:51:29 PM
GGG does not restore items for any reason.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
been playing since 2012 never had any items disappear.

Some people post about it every now and then but you would be looking at a few per year so in the ranges of not a bug but more likely player error.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 13, 2020, 10:09:04 AM
Is it possible you placed it in a crafting bench? In any case Aragorn14 is correct that unless you find it, the item is gone and won’t be coming back.
Yea thats what i figured.

good thing it wasnt a very expensive item. i cant rule out completly the pc wasnt on and the cat walked on the keyboard or some other unlikely events.

i fail to understand the challenge in logging such things however....
if this happens due to some db problems...perhaps a solution should be made to track these things better.

this scenario would be all yes or no:
1. has the item been removed from the position its in. NO (this should be an atomic action event, take item and put item) just like the banks does it :-)
2. is the item gone from the db. Yes.

then
restore item.

its kinda worrying lol. imma not sure about how i should react to this as a player.....Grinding with the possibillity to loose all in some void?

to be fair it seems like a bad service....i must admit it never happened to me before. OR i never found out it did.

thx for the reply.

Last edited by SoulCommander on Feb 13, 2020, 4:30:44 PM
To be fair, there's tons of things in the gaming world that are...questionable.

You don't actually own any of your games on Steam. That's a big one.

Most games have some form of data/information loss that can't be recovered.

Major MMOs have had to do rollbacks of the servers over the years that caused people to lose one in a million items they got between the time the server was rolled back to, and the time the rollback occurred.

It sucks, and I've lost a couple items in a couple games over the years...but I think it's just become standard procedure for companies not to restore items because there's generally no way to tell if it was a game error or player decision they regret later (sounds silly, but it also keeps people from flooding support with false claims).
"
SoulCommander wrote:
Yea thats what i figured.

good thing it wasnt a very expensive item. i cant rule out completly the pc wasnt on and the cat walked on the keyboard or some other unlikely events.

if this happens due to some db problems...perhaps a solution should be made to track these things better.

this scenario would be all yes or no:
1. has the item been removed from the position its in. NO (this should be an atomic action event, take item and put item) just like the banks does it :-)
2. is the item gone from the db. Yes.

then
restore item.

its kinda worrying lol. imma not sure about how i should react to this as a player.....Grinding with the possibillity to loose all in some void?

to be fair it seems like a bad service....i must admit it never happened to me before. OR i never found out it did.

thx for the reply.

The problem here is that as it was said before, support AND forums would get flooded with requests for ''disappeared'' items.
The fact however is, that there has never been a confirmed case of an item actually suddenly vanishing.
Considering the age of the game, the amount of streamers playing the game - somewhere somehow at some point someone would have it on a video.
Also, vast majority of these vanishing item cases usually either get abandoned or the user finds the item somewhere in his stash or a random crafting bench.
Chances are you dropped it vendored or just plain simply lost it in your stash.
No rest for the wicked.
"
SoulCommander wrote:
if this happens due to some db problems.

Who says the don't log stuff like that, pretty sure if it was a DB problem that it would effect a lot more people and far more often that a smattering of reports of the last 7 years...not that it would matter anyway, they still have a zero restore policy.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Unfortunately as mentioned, we can not restore or track items lost in-game for any reason. This is a general policy and can't make exceptions, sorry. :<

Some places you can check would be your Crafting Bench, Jun, Cassia or Divination Card vendors (Navali and Tasuni). Things that are placed in these spots are character dependent so just to be completely sure, you might have to check them with each of your league characters.

If you're unable to find an item and can completely rule out it being destroyed or sold somehow then feel free to send us a report at support@grindinggear.com. We can pass it on to be reviewed as a possible bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info