3.9 Incinerate Tank Witch (All Content)(Budget Version)

Hello!
My name is Tort and I have a new build to share.
I've played Incinerate Witch 3 times now and have tried different setups but this is by far the most enjoyable and well rounded set up so far.

If you have any questions about the build feel free to message me on the forums or in game I'm always happy to help character name is pooqee.
I also stream on twitch on the evenings at twitch.tv/tortsame and am always happy to answer questions or plan out some fun builds.

The concept of the build is to stack life and armor as much as possible for our defensive layers while still having enough damage to kill all content with proper investment.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
+Decent Clear
+Reflect Immune (All maps but no regen)
+Nice bossing
+Very good survivability
+Human Flamethrower
+Not meta (cheaper enchant/items)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Stand still to deal damage
-Not summoner or cyclone :-)
-Chaos damage can 1 shot if not paying attention
-Summon golems every now and then if they get gibbed (happens every other map or so)

Path of Building
Spoiler
The PoB includes leveling trees if you click on the drop down at the bottom left.
https://pastebin.com/wnW15Wvp

Video
Spoiler
This is a video that includes the build doing all content deathless at a decent pace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_KqjSIwksI

Ascendancy & Pantheon
Spoiler
For the ascendancy we take Pendulum of Destruction for the AoE/Damage then Mastermind of Discord for that sweet pen and res/effect. We then move on to Paragon of Calamity for the very strong leech and some situational damage/reduction as well as the reflect immune QoL, and lastly we buff our golem and give us 2 of them for more cast speed.

For pantheon I run Solaris as my major as area damage reduction is really good again all the bosses and flat phys reduction is great on awakener.
Minor we take Shakari for poison immunity and chaos DoT reduction as that is the main weakness of the build.

Gear
Spoiler

First up, the weapon.
Spoiler
There are three tiers of weapons in terms of cost so we'll start with the budget friendly option.

Martyr is an overall really good staff as we benefit a ton from the flat as well as the pen and the defensive proc is also welcome.

Second tier is a topotante/+3 staff

This is actually much easier to get than it seems, you can go on trade and just look for a staff that has topotante and +3 with an open pre and suf. Once you buy this you can lock the prefixes and scour to have your base and then multimod the rest. (Cost 6-7ex total with crafts)

Third tier is GG

This staff is made using Aetheric + Scorched fossils until you hit your prefixes ideally just the two. We then lock pre>scour to have our 2 issolated mods then you would craft mana and slam until you hit decent cast speed or any useful mod then multimod from there (each failed slam will cost 2ex to go back to the 2 pre base).

Gloves
Spoiler
Gloves are pretty simple, any armour base with 80+ life, some res's and the temple burning gloves will do.

If you wanted super GG gloves you could try your hand at making some culling slammed temple gloves but good luck :)

Chest
Spoiler
Pretty simple, Kaoms. Kaoms gives us some fire damage but most importantly 500 flat life and armor. Getting +1 is not necessary but is a good GG option for defense.

Rings
Spoiler
Here we have a few options.
The cheaper(and more defensive) option would be to get a Mark of the Shaper ring paired with a added fire damage elder ring in the offhand.
For the more expensive option, we use two increased damage and buff effect synthesis rings which give us an insane damage boost.

Amulet
Spoiler
Amulet is pretty straight forward, we take any +1 amulet available. Ideally with some life and res's if needed.
GG option is a +2 amulet which is made by using an awakeners orb with a Warlords and a Hunters amulet that each have +1. I got really lucky with my first attempt and hit an insane roll. As long as you can craft life and dont need res's on it too bad then any +2 should do.

Boots
Spoiler
Budget is just some armor based two-toned ideally with as much life and movement speed/res's as is affordable.

If you really wanted to you could get tailwind boots with like phys reduction but it's not necessary or worth the investment in my opinion.

Helmet
Spoiler
Here we go for a pretty standard helmet with the +2 stage Incinerate enchant if possible (these are generally pretty cheap). We use the Pristine + Scorched fossil combo to aim for life, -9 res and as much resistance as we can fit in. +1 AoE is nice if you can fit it and if you're a gambler you can try to Warlord slam the 10% phys taken as fire which is pretty insane with our 78% fire res.

Belt
Spoiler
For the belt we just want a life and damage stygian that will give us another jewel slot. Easy way to craft this is using Pristine/Prismatic until you hit T1 life and Elemental damage then you can gamble the warlord slam for the %increased fire damage and round it out with a +20% increased global damage craft if you can afford it (14-16% is fine)

Jewels
Spoiler
Jewels are kind of complicated.
We use a few regular jewels, a watchers eye and a abyss jewel.
For the abyss jewel we want life and pen, added fire if possible.

For the regular jewels, we're going to need at least 2 5%reduced mana cost of skills jewels paired with life and any damage mods (favoring cast speed). The last 2 regular jewels can just be raw damage with life.

For the watcher's eye we just take a single prop Anger pen jewel. There's really not much we really care for unless you want to shell out 100ex for a pen/fire damage one but this is like last upgrade GG scenario.

Finally, if you have spare currency and want a QoL touch for a jewel slot I recommend pickup Unnatural Instincts and put it by the Overcharged node in order to give you 4% chance to gain any charge on kill as well as 9% life and some mana.

Flasks
Spoiler

For the flasks, we use a bleed life flask, a quicksilver flask with a defensive mod (Heat or Warding), a Sulphur flask with the other defensive mod (Heat or Warding), a Cinderswallow with life regen, and a Rumi's Concoction. This is a good mix between offense and defense although there are a few other options. I personally like to run Bottled Faith although it isn't very budget friendly and if you want more damage you can put in a Wise Oak instead of the Quicksilver for bossing.

Gem Links
Spoiler
Because of Kaom's Heart, we are a little starved on sockets so we have to be pretty precise with our gem setups.
6L: Incinerate > Combustion > Controlled Destruction > Infused Channeling > Inspiration > Concentrated Effect
4L: Wave of Conviction > CwDT > Flammability > Curse on Hit
4L: Anger > Herald of Ash > Enlighten (3) > Portal
4L: Vaal Molten Shell > Summon Lightning Golem > Flame Dash > Vaal Righteous Fire

Mana
Spoiler
Incinerate does have a pretty high base cost and I chose to reserve most of my mana so I struggled to find a way to sustain the channel for a while. The way around this is utilizing 2 mana cost jewels paired with the mana cost on the Tireless life wheel in order to bring our mana cost down to 3 mana per tic (I'm currently casting around 12-13 times as second). With the regen I have I can sustain standing still and casting for 15-20 seconds which is much more than you will ever be standing still for.

Leveling Tips
Spoiler
For leveling, you can just pick up Incinerate as soon as you get it (Level 12) and level all the way to maps pretty easily. Something I highly recommend doing though is putting Armageddon Brand in a 4 link with Increased Critical strikes(to proc Elemental Overload often), Curse on Hit and Flammability. This is later replaced by our CwDT setup but makes leveling a breeze and if you have leveling uniques Arma Brand will pretty much clear everything for you without needing to Incinerate except for bosses.
You also don't need to use Conc Effect until you get to maps realistically and can put in something like Arcane surge on your incinerate instead to help with clear/mana sustain.
Last edited by Kiddthepirate on Jan 30, 2020, 8:53:52 PM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2020, 4:52:56 PM
10/10 build perfect art to showcase it
If you are a fan of being a dragon, this build is for you, after watching it on stream.
Thanks for the build. I have a few questions
1) Is it HC viable?
2) I couldn't find any suitable staff in HC so how costly it is to craft + 3 levels socketed AND Fire/Spell damg?

3) Could you do a quick comparison with Chieftain Incinerate here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2506867

Last edited by sinhviencodon on Jan 31, 2020, 11:48:52 AM
"
sinhviencodon wrote:
1) Is it HC viable?
2) I couldn't find any suitable staff in HC so how costly it is to craft + 3 levels socketed AND Fire/Spell damg?

Hey man, I have not played too much hardcore (highest was level 90 in SSF in Blight) but I wouldn't see too much of an issue. I think leveling would be really easy using the Arma setup I mentioned and Martyr of Innocence will be able to carry you into red maps pretty easily.

As far as comparing to the Chieftain you mentioned, the Chieftain version would be much more tanky than my version and would allow for more mistakes/face tanking. In my opinion, I would recommend going Chieftain or even Jugg if you have a lot of currency to dump into damage going into HC but would have to do some testing to know for sure.
Hope this helped in any way and if you have any future questions feel free to let me know!
"
Kiddthepirate wrote:
"
sinhviencodon wrote:
1) Is it HC viable?

Hey man, I have not played too much hardcore (highest was level 90 in SSF in Blight) but I wouldn't see too much of an issue. I think leveling would be really easy using the Arma setup I mentioned and Martyr of Innocence will be able to carry you into red maps pretty easily.

As far as comparing to the Chieftain you mentioned, the Chieftain version would be much more tanky than my version and would allow for more mistakes/face tanking. In my opinion, I would recommend going Chieftain or even Jugg if you have a lot of currency to dump into damage going into HC but would have to do some testing to know for sure.
Hope this helped in any way and if you have any future questions feel free to let me know!

Thanks for your reply.
In HC Martyr Of Innocence cost 2ex for normal one and even much more expensive for 6L. I'm considering crafting a rare staff for the build. So
"
sinhviencodon wrote:
"
Kiddthepirate wrote:
"
sinhviencodon wrote:
1) Is it HC viable?

Thanks for your reply.
In HC Martyr Of Innocence cost 2ex for normal one and even much more expensive for 6L. I'm considering crafting a rare staff for the build. So

Hitting a respectable staff shouldn't be too difficult. You would just need a base (any with 18% block chance) and then just scorched fossil spam it. I reckon 20-30 tries should land you something workable.
Love the guide, love the results, and love the skill itself.

Few notes, if you REALLY need a 6l on a budget, The Dark Mage cards are key (6l), alongside The Flora's Gift (5l) which is a bit more common. Either will give you access to early linked sockets (ssf and in trade, cheap af) and also put you past the tabula, freeing up the body spot for a good and proper temple chest with flat life/%life/res with an open prefix for benching the life/mana% as well, til you can step into a kaoms and have your tree and jewels filled out.

The rest of it seems pretty spot-on. Though I might dump the cwdt and portal gems and mix things up a bit more. Figure out how to do cwdt with a guard skill at a speprate high level on free slots.. Ie, move vaal rf out and put a level 20 cwdt/steelskin on. They're great skills.

Otherwise, this is a nice guide. I look forward to seeing what else you can brain up. CHEERS!
Please, can you Update this for 3.10
Really want to start with this :)
Hi.
I love that build! can u update this build with the new jewels or put best passives from jewels please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info