[3.9] Dominating Blow + HoP Guardian - 8M dps

Introduction:

Hello, I did a similar build back in 3.6 that used Dominating Blow with Herald of Purity minions. That build allowed me to kill both the shaper and Elder with cheap gear. This version uses Dominating Blow, Herald of Purity, Spectres, Animate Guardian and some of the new gems.

Skill Tree And PoB

Skill tree:
poeurl.com/cJ0q

PoB of my current character:

https://pastebin.com/LDRrAN1M

Offense

Expect around 8M DPS if all minions are up.
(calculated with all buffs active)

Defense

7k Life at lvl 88
Chance to block that becomes 75% every 5s for 2s from Bastion of Hope
73% Physical damage reduction
Fortify
Taunt from minions
Blind from minions

Skill Gems

Main Skill:
Dominating Blow
Fortify
Melee Physical Damage
Multistrike
Melee Splash
Minion Damage
Replace Melee Splash with Ruthless when doing Hard Bosses like Shaper and Elder.

Herald of Purity:
Herald of Purity
Feeding Frenzy
Melee Physical Damage
Ruthless

Spectres:
Raise Spectre
Blood Magic
Meat Shield

2x Carnage Chieftan
1x Host Chieftan
For your Spectres you want 2 Carnage Chieftan and 1 Host Chieftan. Carnage Chieftan generates Frenzy Charge and Host Chieftan generates Power Charges. Bloom Magic is so that they spam their charges more often.

Anointment:
Death Attunement so you can have 3 Spectres

Utility:
Convocation
Vaal Molten Shell
Summon Holy Relic
Only use the vaal version of Molten Shell.

Auras:
Hatred
Generosity

Movement skill:
Leap Slam
Faster Attacks

Animate Guardian:
Link it with the spectres
Use these items on your guardian: Leer Cast, Victario's Flight, Dying Breath, gloves and armor of your choice.

Mace with "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill"
Flesh Offering
Desecrate
Vulnerability

Gear and Must Have

The Must Have:

Ring:

Circle of Guilt with "Herald of Purity has ##%(I recommend 35%+) reduced Mana Reservation"

Weapons:
Note: Go for 2 maces that has
Minion damage %
% Chance for minions to deal double damage
And craft one with "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" (Suffix) and the other with Minion Attack Speed (suffix)

This will greatly buff our minions and have a constant Flesh Offering and Vulnerability on targets.

Easy trick to trigger EE

Having Fire OR Lightning damage on the weapon will trigger Elemental Equilibrium and give you even more dps by lowering the cold resist of enemies. You can have added lightning OR fire damage to your attacks on your jewels, rings or amulets , lowering the price. Try to get fire or lightning damage on the weapon.

Gloves:

This adds quite a lot of dps on our minions

Flask:

Helps us summon Sentinels of Dominance and Purity.

DO NOT GET ANY ADDS # COLD DAMAGE TO ATTACKS, THIS WILL CAUSE ISSUES WITH ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM
My Gear

Helmet:

Preferably a helmet with +(1-3) Level to Socketed minion gems and increased minion damage lvl 20

Enchant: "Dominating Blow can summon 3 additional Magic Sentinels of Dominance" or "+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity"

Chest:
Belly of the Beast
Tabula Rasa
A Rare with High life, you can get a 6L corrupted for very cheap.

(You can easily get a 5 Link by using The Jeweller's Touch prophecy)

Flasks:

Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline

Use a Granite Flask that has 100% more armor and a Basalt Flask, this will give you 73% physical damage reduction.

Jewels:

Rest of gear you want to prioritize:
Life
Resist

Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheons

Ascendancy:
1.Radiant Crusade
2.Unwavering Crusade
3.Time of Need
4.Bastion of Hope

Bandits:
Kill all

Pantheons:
Major:
Soul of Lunaris

Minor:
Soul of Shakari for chaos damage reduction and immune to poison

Last edited by Crazyjacan on Jun 1, 2020, 10:28:08 AM
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2020, 12:57:38 PM
Saving this for the future.
thanks for this, will probably use this as a league starter for the next league
how do you manage to use herald of purity and hatred I am having a problem with not enough mana
"
noobie12345 wrote:
how do you manage to use herald of purity and hatred I am having a problem with not enough mana

With a
that reduces mana reserved of HoP, you should have enough mana to cast your skills.
i have a 39% one on i got 1400 mana and still can not use hatred with herald of purity
with a 39% circle of guilt reduced mana reservation on hop still need 67% mana reserve to cast and hatred need 50% to cast how are you be work around this with no reserve mana jewels and no mana gears
"
noobie12345 wrote:
with a 39% circle of guilt reduced mana reservation on hop still need 67% mana reserve to cast and hatred need 50% to cast how are you be work around this with no reserve mana jewels and no mana gears

Make sure that your HoP is only 4L(different support skills have different mana multiplier):
Herald of Purity
Feeding Frenzy
Melee Physical Damage
Ruthless
And Minion Damage from helmet.

With the ring, it should reserve around 40-45%, it works for me and I use a 32% ring.
Levelling guide/tree?
"
PJ1985 wrote:
Levelling guide/tree?

Basically aim for Spiritual Command and Spiritual Aid first, then try and get Resolute Technique. Then invest in life, leveling should be fairly easy with HoP + Dominating Blow as they kill everything fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info