Does PoE support Linux?

I'm thinking about switching OS and I'm wondering if I do if I will still be able to play.
Didn't see anything about it in the FAQ. Maybe I missed something?
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. -Edgar Allan Poe
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 12:14:04 PM
Using WINE it is possible. I've read mixed success from a few people.
Vengeance of the Fallen
Yep, works great with latest versions of WINE (tested with debian stable, self compiled WINE).
"
Sexygillou wrote:
Yep, works great with latest versions of WINE (tested with debian stable, self compiled WINE).

:) thank you both very much, hopefully it works with my computer
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. -Edgar Allan Poe
I would test with wine on my linux Mint system, but it is SOOO old it would probably cough and die if I tried.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
A beta key would definitely be nice, *hint hint*
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
I would test with wine on my linux Mint system, but it is SOOO old it would probably cough and die if I tried.

I'm running Linux Mint 12 and it works perfectly through the latest WINE (1.3.28). :)

I do encourage the OP to read through the WINE thread located here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980/page/1
Moo.
Path of Exile (POE) works great under wine-vanilla-2.0.3 and wine-vanilla-3.8

Running Gentoo Linux, Lyalls-PC 4.9.95-gentoo #1 SMP Wed Apr 25 11:03:00 ACST 2018 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
with an nVidia GTX 1060 6GB

Installer worked out of the box, no additional wine tricks.

For me, I copied the install files from my windows disk to the wine folder then ran the game but the game was quite prepared to download (I wasn't prepared to wait).

Once all the files had been verified, it was up and running, at least enough to do the two tweaks, mentioned next.

Only a couple of minor config tweaks I had to do, turn off multi-threading for wine 2.0.3 (can be turned on for 3.8), symptoms of leaving multi-threading turned on are awful flickering.
Use DirectX 9ex regardless of wine version. DirectX 11 crashes in both, more painfully in 3.8 although the game offers to re-start using DirectX 9.

After those two tweaks, the game plays well, at least for the short time I played it (about 20 minutes).
6-year old necro. That may be a record here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info