[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

Just wanna share that coc is fine after the trigger nerfs. Mine is life version in standard and here it is against maven

https://youtu.be/FuinS6uUICU
"
JoshJacinto wrote:
Just wanna share that coc is fine after the trigger nerfs. Mine is life version in standard and here it is against maven

CoC is fine will full mirror char... Good to know
Last edited by ViolateTheDead on Jul 30, 2021, 7:51:02 AM
"
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

Well it is good to know its not fully dead :D Entry level is so much higher now for build.
"
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

I just wanted to share the method i did to deal with the mana issues
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

All good dude.. My statement may have come off a bit the wrong way.

I agree the mana can be dealt with by a number of ways. The issue for league play is it's dead because of the lost damage working around mana sustain, gem dmg, and no lucky crit flask. Maybe someone here will prove me wrong, but the nerfs to CoC are pretty hard to compensate for in a reasonable manner with he current state of the game.
"
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

I agree the mana can be dealt with by a number of ways. The issue for league play is it's dead because of the lost damage working around mana sustain, gem dmg, and no lucky crit flask. Maybe someone here will prove me wrong, but the nerfs to CoC are pretty hard to compensate for in a reasonable manner with he current state of the game.

You can make CoC icenova work no issues, but you need to go life version, not LL or CI, get Eldrich Battery via diadem or tree and ES on hit discipline WE. You can go max BP and dual wield Cospris this way. Get some life on spell hit shaper rings for smooth sustain, I tried that on scion (slayer overleech + elementalist) without super good gear, it works just fine. I made CI assassin work as well, but that's with standard gear that cannot be obtained (-17 total mana cost on one ring alone with temple + old elreon).

I made my beloved Ball lightning CoC work as well without legacy shenanigans, but BL coc is not for everyone, especially if you played screen wipe in one nova CoC.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

You can make CoC icenova work no issues, but you need to go life version, not LL or CI, get Eldrich Battery via diadem or tree and ES on hit discipline WE. You can go max BP and dual wield Cospris this way. Get some life on spell hit shaper rings for smooth sustain, I tried that on scion (slayer overleech + elementalist) without super good gear, it works just fine. I made CI assassin work as well, but that's with standard gear that cannot be obtained (-17 total mana cost on one ring alone with temple + old elreon).

I made my beloved Ball lightning CoC work as well without legacy shenanigans, but BL coc is not for everyone, especially if you played screen wipe in one nova CoC.

Eh.. What? Did you even try the build out or are you just spewing the same misinformation from reddit and other forums about coc? I've been running LL build the same as I did in the last few leagues and the build is absolutely fine. I never once ran out of mana and I have done nothing to compensate for the changes, just copied last league build with cheap gear. Clearing t16's + guardians and whatever with no problem and only casually playing this league just for fun, the build is absolutely fine and the people complaining didn't actually try it out.
"
Eh.. What? Did you even try the build out or are you just spewing the same misinformation from reddit and other forums about coc? I've been running LL build the same as I did in the last few leagues and the build is absolutely fine.

What you are running might be fine, I am not questioning that. I do wanna see you not running out of mana once you will get 14 cdr and that aps breakpoint. As is you are at the lowest aps without sufficient cdr with prolly maximum 3 triggers per second. So at about 90 mana regen per second and ice nova being prolly about 25 you can almost out-regen cyclone and ice nova cost with no leech and no cost reduction. Even at 5-6 cast per second you will be drenched and dead in no time.
"
Clearing t16's + guardians and whatever with no problem and only casually playing this league just for fun

Glad you having fun, all the best. I played Ice Nova or ball lightning CoC every league since betrayal at some point, and even life based generic 14 cdr version before all the buffs to gems, awakened gems, influenced mods and so on was more than enough to do all content at the time. I am not trying to lesser your results but even at 3 cast per second Ice Nova have enough in the tank to deal with everything in the game if you know mechanics. Thing is that I am used to build that is way stronger than what you are playing currently, that is all. And this build will die out of starvation, just like yours will at even 5 triggers per second.

"
the build is absolutely fine and the people complaining didn't actually try it out.

Here I have to partially disagree. If the build was absolutely fine, there would be way way more people playing it, and all guides would be updated and so on. Build is playable, and let's just stop at that. It is not fine, much less absolutely fine, and if you want to get even 50% of the damage and tankiness from last league you need to really go out of your way to do so. Please, do not tell me that build is absolutely fine because you literally are running it on 3 cast per seconds with gems not even 20 yet. Equip two cospris like

and optimize your aps + cdr, start running 10 cast per second and than tell me that build is absolutely fine and you can run it
"
the same as I did in the last few leagues

Build is not fine. Some scuffed 1/10th of the previous dps and utility version can be ran with almost no changes, sure. But fully fledged Ice Nova that we all know and love is not fine.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Fine without any changes after the trigger mechanic change? I am curious how you are able to sustain mana and all
Last edited by JoshJacinto on Jul 31, 2021, 2:09:54 AM
"
"
JoshJacinto wrote:

League wise i gotta agree its yikes over there. The budget just went thru the roof if you want to have a good functioning coc build. Even before these changes i found building a non mana coc was already expensive. And these trigger changes had to happen :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info