Help me choose Melee Marauder Build! (21.03.13)

Hello I am looking for a build based on pure melee (no EK, ele shocker, etc).
Now, I don't know if Ground slam is 100% melee, but I like the skill. I already have a Ground slam Marauder, and I hate ENDURANCE! It was fun at the beggining running around trying to keep my endurance charges up, but it ain't anymore.

Therefor looking for a build based on melee skills (heaving heavy strike as 1vs1 mandatory) excluding endurance.
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
Last edited by paranoic00 on Mar 21, 2013, 4:25:45 PM
Especially if you are going solo, I would recommend an Aura Marauder which is getting more and more popular.

The idea is to not go Blood Magic (passive) to run 3 or 4 of the strong Auras: Determination, Hatred, Purity and Haste.
You will additionaly run some non percentage auras with a Blood Magic gem, especially Grace. Running this many auras really rewards it speccing to Inner Force on the passive tree.

To support your Attack you either go for a Blood Magic gem or some Mana Leech. (need to have some Mana left then)

The build would look similar to this Duelist Build:
http://www.exilepro.com/builds/duelist/520-duelist-leap-slam-aura-tank
On this build, its just one Attack Speed node that you can`t take as a Marauder.

You can run Blood Magic (passive) in the midgame and switch to this heavy aura build around lvl 65-75 (and wait to spec into Inner Force until then). You need a lot of gear which is 4linked or more.
thanks for your answer.
I started with the typical mara build went to Resolute Technique, then wen't to Templar HP (+ Amplify). I also took the other mara line for the 50% psy increase.

After trying Sweep, I enjoy it alot and the play style that this skill requires, comparing with Ground Slam.
My idea for end-game is to build around life leech and use VoidHome Dread Maul as a end-game weapon with Sweep and WArlord Mark.

this is my Skill tree so far: lvl 48
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMUIBRNGS4aOCECIVUn7Sr2Mok5DlBHUFBUSVcNV-JYY1nzXz9yqXuMfNmDOIzPkFWezaIApzCnhKlorKq53cAaxtjSIdSP2WHnUuw47w7vfPAf8i_2SPe-

I am trying to avoid taking Blood Magic (passive) i'm doing good so far with gems. Planning to go to Berserking node, but idk wich way to take.

I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
Last edited by paranoic00 on Mar 20, 2013, 1:31:01 PM
At the endgame you will use GS over Sweep, trust me.
GS gives you some range. Sweep kind makes you go 'suicide mode'.
Anyway, it's up to you. Use Sweep till you find yourself loosing too much HP.
You should take defensive nodes (HP, HP, HP). Dmg comes mainly from your gear.
Last edited by SirLawliet on Mar 20, 2013, 3:26:14 PM
U want easy OP end game melee build for mara? DW elemental cleave.
IGN: Seze
Lvl 60 atm, farming Fellshrine (merciless). I am doing pretty good atm and I am having alot of fun with Leap Slam -> Sweep. As 1vs1 I use glacial hammer, as I find the chance to freeze very useful. I have armour issues and a bit low hp (3k), and on the edge with mana :D but very crappy gear anyways.

This is my gear now
Spoiler

and this is the skill tree as far as I got
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFCAUTRkuGjgaVSECIVUn7Si1KvYyCTKJNug5DkCgR35QR1BQVElXDVfiWGNZ818_YEtgiGEhYVJko2VNbmlyqXTteu97jHzZgziE2YTvh2qMz5BVkGyezZ_LogCnMKeEqWiplKyqud2-p8AaxtjSIdSP2WHnUuw47w7vTu988B_yL_ZI974=

I will go to Iron Reflexes now, then I will take the Steel Skin armour nodes.
I am concerned about the armour. Should I try to go pure evasion gear after IR or go armour?
"
paranoic00 wrote:
Lvl 60 atm, farming Fellshrine (merciless). I am doing pretty good atm and I am having alot of fun with Leap Slam -> Sweep. As 1vs1 I use glacial hammer, as I find the chance to freeze very useful. I have armour issues and a bit low hp (3k), and on the edge with mana :D but very crappy gear anyways.

This is my gear now
Spoiler

and this is the skill tree as far as I got
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFCAUTRkuGjgaVSECIVUn7Si1KvYyCTKJNug5DkCgR35QR1BQVElXDVfiWGNZ818_YEtgiGEhYVJko2VNbmlyqXTteu97jHzZgziE2YTvh2qMz5BVkGyezZ_LogCnMKeEqWiplKyqud2-p8AaxtjSIdSP2WHnUuw47w7vTu988B_yL_ZI974=

I will go to Iron Reflexes now, then I will take the Steel Skin armour nodes.
I am concerned about the armour. Should I try to go pure evasion gear after IR or go armour?

Try make your weapon rrr+g or chest or whatever, try instead sweep leap slam, important is the green, faster attacks, leap slam, melee dmg, faster attack, and instead lifeleech try life on hit. you will love it alot more, just jumping fast and kiling , if you jump left right you evade any chaos projectiles and such crap. just try it :P
paranoic00
Go traditional Groundslammer, really.
If you hate Endurance Charges just do not use them. Simple as that.
Against Physical Damage take Iron Reflexes, some armor nodes and few granite flasks.

Personally I never tried to maintain Endurance Charges. High-level Enduring Cry was giving me 3 charges at once, but I hardly ever used it (bosses) relying completely on Warlord's Mark.
What if Charges dissapeared? Curse, few mad slams and I had again the cap.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Mar 22, 2013, 3:01:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info