[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

"
DirtyPunch wrote:
"
iNevermore wrote:
Hello,
Anyone have any experience buying a 40% Ice Nova Memory Vault?

Seems even the base enchant is really expensive, and items with it like Devoto's or Starkonja's are asking 12-15ex. How much do you expect we would pay for one?

I paid 35ex for my memory with Ice Nova enchant. goodluck finding one..

35 ex for 5% more dmg? wouldnt even pay 1 ex for that enchant, its worse then 10% cast speed.
"
ptoop84 wrote:
"
DirtyPunch wrote:
"
iNevermore wrote:
Hello,
Anyone have any experience buying a 40% Ice Nova Memory Vault?

Seems even the base enchant is really expensive, and items with it like Devoto's or Starkonja's are asking 12-15ex. How much do you expect we would pay for one?

I paid 35ex for my memory with Ice Nova enchant. goodluck finding one..

35 ex for 5% more dmg? wouldnt even pay 1 ex for that enchant, its worse then 10% cast speed.

Yeah I like to min/max and it was an easy thing to upgrade. To each their own.
Have had a great time with this build. Thanks for making it!

Spoiler

Hey man, I rarely comment on threads but I had to this time. This build was sickening! (In a good way, promise.)

I've officially crushed every single piece of content in the entire game now and all without even being able to afford Bottled Faith. Did everything without the Clarity eye too, if anyone had any doubts. Since then I've purchased one. Still no Unnatural Instict either but already at 11kES which feels SO good. It'll be hard not to play this build for every league from now on! The damage is INSANE once you get used to the technique. At first I was trying to fire off too many balls/not holding my Novas long enough but eventually I got the feel for it and even since this game has been so cute.

Thanks for the guide! :D
Last edited by 2Paisley on Jan 27, 2020, 8:57:38 AM
Just to reiterate what several ppl said already .

Took the build to 93 in about 50 hours, spent a lot of currency on it and it S amazing. Best build i ve played and one of the most fun too.

Killed A8 sirus and uber elder deathless.. super smooth. Just a blast.

Thank you so much for Creating and sharing maddog.

Last edited by Vampz on Jan 27, 2020, 10:41:15 AM
Absolutely aggree with the others who praise this build; tanky, insane dps and good clear. Definitely the strongest, but also the most expensive build i ever played as i dumped ~120 ex into it, not including the HH. Having an absolute blast, thanks a lot maddog!

Jewels need improvement and i could get the helmet enchant, but i dont think the 5% DPS is worth the currency. Maybe I'll change my mind these days. Maybe a corrupted staff also.

Maybe someone could look over my gear and tree, I tend to miss out stuff on guides due to being a bit overhasty in the beginning of a new build and not double check what I've done earlier.

Cheers
Last edited by GsengteSau on Jan 27, 2020, 7:08:58 PM
"
GsengteSau wrote:
Absolutely aggree with the others who praise this build; tanky, insane dps and good clear. Definitely the strongest, but also the most expensive build i ever played as i dumped ~120 ex into it, not including the HH. Having an absolute blast, thanks a lot maddog!

Jewels need improvement and i could get the helmet enchant, but i dont think the 5% DPS is worth the currency. Maybe I'll change my mind these days. Maybe a corrupted staff also.

Maybe someone could look over my gear and tree, I tend to miss out stuff on guides due to being a bit overhasty in the beginning of a new build and not double check what I've done earlier.

Cheers

Looks good to me! I highly recommend 70% inc mana regen enchant on your boots from lab. I just picked up a %dmg shavs, and am looking for a cast speed pledge of hands.. None on the market unfortunately.
How are people using frost-bolt(FB) and ice-nova(IN) together? If I use IN the spell-echo locks me from using FB. Using FB first it seems like my IN are hit and miss with the projectiles. I'm afraid to use faster-projectiles because of this and have been using slower-projectiles for everything. Great damage, but mapping is obviously taking a longer time.

Character is Vanz if anyone wants to look. My I know my gear is booty, but I'm working on it.
"
gduber wrote:
How are people using frost-bolt(FB) and ice-nova(IN) together? If I use IN the spell-echo locks me from using FB. Using FB first it seems like my IN are hit and miss with the projectiles. I'm afraid to use faster-projectiles because of this and have been using slower-projectiles for everything. Great damage, but mapping is obviously taking a longer time.

Character is Vanz if anyone wants to look. My I know my gear is booty, but I'm working on it.

Use frostbolt then cast ice nova on top of it.
Thanks for sharing this build. I haven't really played anything like it in a long time.
I went head-first and leveled to 72 and almost everything I have putting the gear together.

I couldn't reserve Clarity until level 79.
I didn't go the HH route to start, resistances seemed hard to get with less items online.

I don't know if I did the best passive allocation to start out, but it doesnt make a difference once you get the gear and gem levels. It will only get better right?

If there is something I missed, and should work on please feel free to comment.
Character is INFB_Strat - I know I need to run Uber LAB.

Thanks,

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info