Alt Tab + Disconnecting

Does any1 else have this issue? Even if i alt tab for .5 of a second I get disconnected, it so annoying.. especially when som1 Im's you or msg u on FB..

any plans to fix this or are there any solution to fix this besides not alt tabbing?

Well I take part of this back... its not every time, but about 50-60% of the time.
Last edited by JFKwasAFK on Apr 9, 2012, 6:37:44 PM
"
JFKwasAFK wrote:
Does any1 else have this issue? Even if i alt tab for .5 of a second I get disconnected, it so annoying.. especially when som1 Im's you or msg u on FB..

any plans to fix this or are there any solution to fix this besides not alt tabbing?

Well I take part of this back... its not every time, but about 50-60% of the time.

The client will always disconnect you if it doesn't get a response from you for a few heartbeats - Depending on your PC, alt-tabbing may deactivate your client for some time. There are ways to get around this, make sure Path of Exile has priority, etc. We need this disconnect though, so players don't loose their hardcore characters.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
"
JFKwasAFK wrote:

The client will always disconnect you if it doesn't get a response from you for a few heartbeats - Depending on your PC, alt-tabbing may deactivate your client for some time. There are ways to get around this, make sure Path of Exile has priority, etc. We need this disconnect though, so players don't loose their hardcore characters.

Yea I understand the disconnect part for HC Players, just wasn't sure if there was any solutions, i guess ill just go back to running in windowed mode, I think that will help.

thanks for the reply
This issue is very silly. It's obvious you guys have done some code to disconnect if PoE is not the active window for a while? I alt+tab out to look at the Path of Exile wiki for less than 30 secs and it disconnects me every time. I have increased process priority to no difference. Not to mention NON-active windows get process time also, just not as much, process priority should not fix the problem.

Somewhere along the road GGG thought it was a good idea to disconnect when PoE is not the active window for a period of time. What I don't get is why some people get this and some people don't. I have a fairly nice laptop with a discrete GPU, 8GB of RAM, and quad core CPU. If there is some code for disconnecting players and your worried about HC players, make it only happen when your actually in HC. This is ridiculous, I am locked in to no alt+tab in fear of losing my progress in my current dungeon. I have to go from a 42"/17.3" to a 4" screen (iPhone 5) to look up stuff about PoE while I'm playing.

Please re-think your strategy on disconnecting players because I have probably lost a combined total of a couple hours having to redo dungeons.
Weird thing is that this started to happen to me since I got widows 8, I have also noticed that the window is still working and still haven't disconnected until I alt-tab to get back into path of exile, and sometimes the windows 8 tiles pop for .5-1 sec before switching to path of exile window.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info