My Marauder, opinions?

Here's the passive skill build of my marauder, I haven't got too deep in the game yet but I realised that survivability is an important part of the game...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBGS4Z6SSLJ-1QUFRJWGNZ818_cql8u3zZjM-sqrndwBrFisbY1I_eweSt51LvDvAf9kg=

As you can see I grabbed "resolute technique" because I just hate missing with ground slam, sweep and etc. Then I went for the health point at the templar starting point and grabbed some mace dmg along the way. So far I feel confident about my build and as long as I pay attention I very rarely die. But I fear my build will be useless in the next difficulties(?) and I am not sure if I shall go for blood magic or not!

Idk if you can check my gear or not but I use a 2h hammer with following gems:
Heavy strike
Sweep-Life gain on hit
Ground slam-Life gain on hit
Leap slam
Warlord's mark!

I haven't done shit to upgrade my gear expect for some alteration orbs and some other stuff on my mace!

I want you experienced marauders (and other players ofc) out there to give some hints and tips that could help me in my progress! And please if I do something wrong and retarded let me know but be specifik! (Warnings about easliy made mistakes are welcome!) Thx (:

Fhobie out!

Last edited by trobie on Mar 18, 2013, 10:22:49 AM

the mace nodes you took near Fitness are "ok" but I would rather go up take the life and then move to weapon ele -> templar life and then take the 12% 20 strengh node.
You will loose a bit damage but gain alot of health. Also you forgot to take diamond skin which is very strong for normal/cruel because it adds 15% to your resis!

later build:

The build that I linked you is just a suggestion, it looks exactly like the lightning arrow mara and probably alot of others but it is good and works.
As a meele you have to use Iron Reflexes or Endurance charges to survive mapping or merciless in general. ( You can use both aswell )

a little tip: don't use alts, alchs and chaoses to upgrade or craft gear bank them for later or buy good gear for them!
To blood magic: that is your decision! If you manage to handle the mana cost of an 5l/6l it is very good to not run Blood magic and use determination and stuff!

Gems:
I would recommend Ground slam with added fire, weapon ele dmg, meele phys
Glacial hammer ( if you are in a team and heavy is annoying for them )
Heavy strike if solo
you decide what curses etc you wanna use, I recommend quality warlords and enfeeble!

Aruas:
Grace = most important
Wrath = lots of damage
Anger = damagör
IGN: Arowec
Last edited by Arowec on Mar 18, 2013, 10:55:01 AM
Thanks for replying and thanks for the tips! The build you sent is close to what I had in mind!

"
If you manage to handle the mana cost of an 5l/6l it is very good to not run Blood magic

What is 5l and 6l?

Are there any stat priority which I should look for on items? (right now I go for health, health, health and health regen...)

Is 2h viable with a such tanky build?

Thanks again!

Update: Fhobie is dead, Fhobie 2.0 is in progress... I find the templar more seducing when it comes to combat style.

Sorry Arowec for taking your time, any other marauder out there should really read his post and check his build suggestion.
5l = 5linked, 6l = 6linked
IGN: Arowec

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info