What is a cap on various percentage mechanics?

Hello,

I've been searching the forums for a bit but couldn't find the complete or semi-complete list of this info so figured I should ask. Basically, what is a cap on percent increase of different mechanincs/stats?

So far I found the following only. Evasion - 75%, Damage Reduction - 75%, Block - 75%, Chance to Hit - 95%?

However, whats the max for Elemental Resistance, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Magic Find, Item Find, and others I might be missing atm?
I find the percentage mechanics in this game confusing sometimes. I'm not quite sure how each percentage works until I try it out. Especially when a percentage is affecting a percentage. Once you play with it a bit it becomes clear and sometimes you can tell before test because x would be too good if it worked like Y, but new players might be lost.
Armor's damage reduction was increased to 90% in 0.9.7.

Elemental Resistances are capped at 75%, but this cap can be increased via passives and some item mods.

"
SeraphimDima wrote:
...Crit Damage, Magic Find, Item Find...
There are no caps on these.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Apr 9, 2012, 12:23:53 PM
"
SeraphimDima wrote:
Hello,

I've been searching the forums for a bit but couldn't find the complete or semi-complete list of this info so figured I should ask. Basically, what is a cap on percent increase of different mechanincs/stats?

So far I found the following only. Evasion - 75%, Damage Reduction - 75%, Block - 75%, Chance to Hit - 95%?

However, whats the max for Elemental Resistance, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Magic Find, Item Find, and others I might be missing atm?

- Physical reduction: increased to 90% in patch 0.9.7
- Evade: 5%-75% (0% with wavering stances). Max arrow dodge not tested. Should be 75.
- Chance to hit 5%-95% (100% with resolute/unique item)

All of the above are calculated upon armour/evasion/accuracy and relative to each monster. The % displayed is only based on the default value on your level

- Block 75%. Spell block maximum not tested. Should be 75 too.

-Dodge and spell dodge are separate from evade, max are 24% and 20%

- Resist: base max 75%, with certain passive 81%, with resist flask 91%, with an unique for cold resist: 96%. Chaos resist can reach 100% with Chaos Inoculation
- Crit chance: 5%-95%
- Crit multiplier: no max, stack as much as you want.

- Item find (quantity): max around 200%, depends on unique/combination
- Magic find (rarity): many unique provide huge bonuses for this so i'm not sure. It should be about 400-500

Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on Apr 9, 2012, 12:23:52 PM
Awesome, thanx for the numbers.
"
Progammer wrote:
"
SeraphimDima wrote:
Hello,

- Physical reduction: increased to 90% in patch 0.9.7
- Evade: 5%-75% (0% with wavering stances). Max arrow dodge not tested. Should be 75.
- Chance to hit 5%-95% (100% with resolute/unique item)

All of the above are calculated upon armour/evasion/accuracy and relative to each monster. The % displayed is only based on the default value on your level

- Block 75%. Spell block maximum not tested. Should be 75 too.

-Dodge and spell dodge are separate from evade, max are 24% and 20%

- Resist: base max 75%, with certain passive 81%, with resist flask 91%, with an unique for cold resist: 96%. Chaos resist can reach 100% with Chaos Inoculation
- Crit chance: 5%-95%
- Crit multiplier: no max, stack as much as you want.

- Item find (quantity): max around 200%, depends on unique/combination
- Magic find (rarity): many unique provide huge bonuses for this so i'm not sure. It should be about 400-500

Nice compilation :-) thanks for posting that.
Sorry to necro a post, but are there caps for other things like health/mana regen rate, life gain on hit/life leech?

I plan on taking as many health regen passives as possible and want to make sure 5.5% of health pool per second doesn't have some kind of cap.
Evasion is not capped at 75%, it's 95%

As for leech:
"
The regeneration rate of life gained from life leech is capped at 20% of maximum life per second. If you have 1000 maximum life, and leech 600 life with a single attack, it will take three seconds for that life to be applied to your current life. You always get the full amount of life leeched, it is only the rate at which it regenerates that is capped - if you leech a large amount of life during a battle, you may find that the regeneration continues long after the battle is over. Similar to flasks, the regeneration from leech will stop if you reach maximum life.

The same is true for mana leech, although the cap is 12.5% of maximum mana per second.

There is no cap for life on hit as far as I know. Neither is there a cap for life regeneration.
Thanks for the reply.
Hi guys ..... since this thread is already opened ... i was wondering if the resistances can stack ? meaning that ... you go to a group of resistances, you complete that one and you head out for another clutter of resistance bonuses. do they stack ? Thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info