micro transactions shop

so is it just me or does anyone else feel a little taken advantage of with the cost of some of the transmogrify items. only getting 200 points for 20$ and having some items cost up to 650 points. like really you gunna charge 65$ for a pair of wings. Why is everything so expensive?
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2019, 1:34:48 AM
First of all, what in blue blazes made you think that this topic belongs in Technical Support section? There's a leap in any sort of logic whatsoever that i just cannot understand.

Second - it's cosmetics. Pure visual eyecandy and nothing more, none of the skins affect your in-game stats or ability to play the game, so if it's outside your pocket's depth, don't buy any of it.

As for the price - to my knowledge this is the only game, not just of this genre but of any kind - the only game that gets constant updates both in terms of generic patches and game expanding patches that most other games would call expansions - what do you think funds that? Generous donations?

There are generally two routes a F2P title can take - one is to load up your mtx shop with random nonsense including exp boosters, premium pets that do more than just follow you around, stat enhancers, actual unique items and all sorts of other toxic crap, or the other route - load up your shop with cosmetics, which is what GGG does - the downside of this one is that more often than not, those items will be priced as premium content, meaning that they will on average cost more point per point than a lot of stuff in other games, but with the upside being that they can survive on just selling cosmetics. Take a look at any game that mainly sells just cosmetics, they all have large price tags on almost everything expect for the very basic stuff.

And to be honest, ignoring consoles - PC gaming in it of it self is not a cheap endeavor, so if you can afford a PC that can run this game, ~60$ should not be that big of a deal, and if it is and you still spend your money on those wings of yours, perhaps you should reassess your priorities in life.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info