EXTREME lag in Prison

Hello, developers. Gonna be brief.

WHAT is happening: EXTREME LAG, high latency, lots and lots of control delays.
WHERE: In "The Prison"
WHEN: Every time I go there, regardless of time of day or how many users are online.
WHY I think it's a bug: It only happens in "The Prison." Every other area I visit runs as smooth as butter. No problems at all. But when I go to "The Prison," it runs as though the cluster offloaded that map onto whatever leftover clock cycles are available on a TRS-80. If I stand still, nothing bad happens. When I click, I'm seeing lag spikes and latency of up to 10 seconds, sometimes more.

This bug is easily repeatable. All I need to do is log in and go to "The Prison."

Kill Ping doesn't help.

Restarted game and machine and router.

Nothing helps.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Last bumped on Dec 7, 2019, 7:32:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
nahaloth wrote:
Hello, developers. Gonna be brief.

WHAT is happening: EXTREME LAG, high latency, lots and lots of control delays.
WHERE: In "The Prison"
WHEN: Every time I go there, regardless of time of day or how many users are online.
WHY I think it's a bug: It only happens in "The Prison." Every other area I visit runs as smooth as butter. No problems at all. But when I go to "The Prison," it runs as though the cluster offloaded that map onto whatever leftover clock cycles are available on a TRS-80. If I stand still, nothing bad happens. When I click, I'm seeing lag spikes and latency of up to 10 seconds, sometimes more.

This bug is easily repeatable. All I need to do is log in and go to "The Prison."

Kill Ping doesn't help.

Restarted game and machine and router.

Nothing helps.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

The first one would be having WinMTR run against the instance IP when you are in the prison so they can see it's not network related......
OK, well, in one of those extraordinarily bizarre instances of "things seem to be working when tried more than once," I restarted my router again, just to make sure.

That worked.

I no no longer have any lag issues.

Also noticed that the lag issues had spread to every area that had enemies. If this is happening, especially if you are using wifi, restarting your router might help. Not sure why it did jack smack the first time I tried it, but hey, it's working, so I'm leaving it alone.

Thanks for your time.
"
nahaloth wrote:
OK, well, in one of those extraordinarily bizarre instances of "things seem to be working when tried more than once," I restarted my router again, just to make sure.

That worked.

I no no longer have any lag issues.

Also noticed that the lag issues had spread to every area that had enemies. If this is happening, especially if you are using wifi, restarting your router might help. Not sure why it did jack smack the first time I tried it, but hey, it's working, so I'm leaving it alone.

Thanks for your time.

check to see if there is a new firmware for your router.
Might check to see if there is a new ROUTER for my router. The one I have is a pile of crap. But I'll try a firmware update, too. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info