More problems with Captcha - It gives me a check mark, and then forces me through the process again

A while back captcha re-checks ramped up fairly slowly until I had a severe problem with Captcha re-checks, meaning that they were happening up to several-to-many times per attempt to log into my forum account. That was frustrating. I made a post to this forum and I noticed a large drop thereafter, which I appreciated.

Unfortunately, these days I'm noticing a similar kind of ramp-up in Captcha re-checks as in the past and I find myself not-so-very-fondly recalling that past period.

I would like the re-checks to end, preferably for good. Even better, if you could figure out a way to whitelist those who have never been on probation for forum behavior or for in-game incidents, then that would be appreciated. There seems to me to be little point giving Captcha checks to those who have a multi-year track record of never warranting any kind of disciplinary action on the forums or in-game.

As a bit more information, my IP address is stable, I believe, and I've been playing the game since 2013 with nobody and nothing other than me ever logging into my forum account. No other person, no bots, no AI, no scripts, no macros, nothing outside the TOS, just me logging into my forum account fairly regularly for years.

Thank you in advance for looking into this!
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2019, 4:27:33 PM
"
A while back captcha re-checks ramped up fairly slowly until I had a severe problem with Captcha re-checks, meaning that they were happening up to several-to-many times per attempt to log into my forum account. That was frustrating. I made a post to this forum and I noticed a large drop thereafter, which I appreciated.

Unfortunately, these days I'm noticing a similar kind of ramp-up in Captcha re-checks as in the past and I find myself not-so-very-fondly recalling that past period.

I would like the re-checks to end, preferably for good. Even better, if you could figure out a way to whitelist those who have never been on probation for forum behavior or for in-game incidents, then that would be appreciated. There seems to me to be little point giving Captcha checks to those who have a multi-year track record of never warranting any kind of disciplinary action on the forums or in-game.

As a bit more information, my IP address is stable, I believe, and I've been playing the game since 2013 with nobody and nothing other than me ever logging into my forum account. No other person, no bots, no AI, no scripts, no macros, nothing outside the TOS, just me logging into my forum account fairly regularly for years.

It has already been reported here -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2684083
Touching base to note that captcha issues are still a problem.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
This remains a problem and it remains disappointing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2684083/page/1

Read there for the work-around for the problems.

Also it has already been reported, so need to continue here....
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Dec 11, 2019, 4:29:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info