Map crash + Delve and Atzoatl crashes

Hello, my maps keep crashing since Legion league. Every 10th map on average. My game crashes and I am brought to the login interface. When I enter my hideout again all portals are either gone or when I click on one of them the said portal closes or all portals close simultaneously.

Following messages are displayed:

Error: Failed to join instance because: Disconnected from server.
Error: Failed to join any instances.

Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/oHTIbmi

Changing hideout to another with almost no mtx displayed (Standard version of a hideout) did not help. Reducing the amount of mtx on my character did not help as well.

My internet connection is good, so that issue is ruled out.

Playing with Nebuloch Jugg Concecrated Path, since I'm farming Uber Elder right now.

I also lose all the items from crashed maps. It is as if I never played them. But the sextants get used up, of course. Lost at least 20 guardian maps already and many other good maps since Legion. I also now refrain from corrupting maps and use the least mods possible, because I think there is a graphic effect or a combination of some of them that causes the map crash.

Asking my friends revealed that I'm the only one with the issue. Using Nvidia driver for my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Version 431.60 right now), since you mentioned a few months earlier that there is an issue with graphic cards and drivers (the famous Vorici crashes happened to me as well).

PS: Delve + Atzoatl crash as well.
Last edited by morgasmus on Dec 3, 2019, 4:29:57 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2019, 10:00:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Try checking your connection, it might not be your internet but the route your internet takes to get the server is having high packet lose.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789 Follow this post to check to see if there are some unseen issues.
Thanks! I checked it out, but there seems to be no issue.

Always playing with a cable and I never crash while in town or hideout. So very unlikely it is because of bad connection.

Changed from Amsterdam to Frankfurt server, although Amsterdam is technically better, yet Frankfurt is closer to me geographically. Testing it now.
Nope, still crashing. Server change did not help.
Hello there.

You are saying that either the portals are gone, either they don't lead anywhere anymore.
Is it the case everytime your client crashes, or is it occasional?
I'm not an expert on server stability, but if that's systematic, that would potentially mean that something in your build provokes an instance crash, which would also explain why you are kicked out.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Dec 3, 2019, 11:10:02 PM
Yes, it happens every time. When I get kicked from the instance, I can't reenter the portals any more, if they are still there at all.

Yes, I thought of it. A skill or a skill effect may provoke the crash. That's why I mentioned that I'm playing with a Nebuloch Juggernaut Consecrated Path right now. I know that issue from the Legion league when some melee effects would crash the client. I believe it is the case here. Or somehow my graphic card driver is causing it.

If it were just a bad internet connection, I should surely be able to enter the remaining portals. But that's not the case here.

I'll try playing a few maps with my Dominating Blow Guardian today and see if I still crash.

UPDATE: Also, as I'm recalling it now, I never get crashes when playing with friends through their hideouts and Atlases. The problem seems to lie with MY instances.
Last edited by morgasmus on Dec 4, 2019, 8:56:41 AM
Check your client.txt file (loacated in your POE install dir/logs folder)for the instance ip of the map that crashes. Run a winMTR to that IP address and post the results. I would do this a couple of times to see if the instance IP changes.

The stickies over in the tech help forum have everything you need to know about WinMTR. Make sure you run the MTR while playing and for 300-500 seconds, if possible (the longer the better). Also, make sure you get the v0.92 version.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Dec 4, 2019, 9:09:32 AM
I just played about 40 maps with another char and no crashes at all. Seems like my Nebuloch Jugg Consecrated Path is the reason. I deleted all mtx on him and live in an absolute empty hideout now. Maps still crash on him. Delve unplayable as well, especially losing delve cities due to this thing is bad.

What could be the reason? I noticed there is an animation issue with Nebuloch since Legion: endurance charges don't have the tentacled version. Could Nebuloch cause this? Other graphical effects could also come from Consecrated Path, Herald of Ash and Herald of Purity.

As I said, I never crash in hideout or town.

This particular crash occurrence started 3 months ago with Blight. General client crashes were in Legion, but I think now that it's unrelated.
Last edited by morgasmus on Dec 4, 2019, 10:14:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info