Alt + Tab Freeze Disconect

Hi,

Problem: My game sends me to the log in screen whenever I alt tab back into the game(recent ocurence, was working fine before). If I am in log in screen its instead few seconds of black screen, than few seconds of frozen log in screen and after that it starts working like normal.

Presumptions: Think it started after I changed my game settings though I am unsure what caused it as changeing everything and even reinstalling didnt work(tried also few solutions from internet but no luck).

Observations: Noticed that I no longer get lag ocasional lag spikes which I was getting before ocasionaly(those were annoying but not so much as to warant report). Also no longer get the gear sceene upon opening the game, now its only serval seconds of blackscreen.

Thanks for you time.
Sincerly Nardead.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2019, 5:45:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello there.

By the sound of it, that could definitely be a side effect of having switched from windowed fullscreen to fullscreen, or the opposite.
Trying both of them to see if it behaves the same way would be a good start (OPTIONS > "Graphics" tab > "Mode").

If that doesn't change anything, i suggest the following:
First locate the "production_Config.ini" file in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile".
While POE isn't running, move it to any other safe location (your desktop, for example), and remember it.
Now open POE, and check Alt+Tab again (don't panic, POE is now running with absolutely all settings to their default values).
Close POE, and move the file to its original location, which will revert all settings as they were before.
Depending on the result, i'll tell you how to revert only the display-related settings to their default values, so that you can isolate which one is causing that behaviour.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Dec 4, 2019, 9:14:16 PM
Hi thanks for the help, actually think I already figured out what was the problem as earlier problem is gone now (figured it out today). It should be the driver as when I updated it (again), the problem stopped, though it gave me a new one and now I am unsure whether to report it or maybe find some work around (really just have to figure out how to roll back the version I think). Short story: My FPS have gone down the drain (game was quite smooth before so I didnt have to check how much I had) to cca 20 and lower WITH the previously mentioned lag spikes AND that's on lowest settings (well not completely true, I get like cca 25 FPS IF I turn on dynamic resolutions but than it becomes just one big blur), so yeah game is now unplayable and I am sad and disappointed and my chance at completing any challenges and get some more cosmetics has been probably dashed unless I figure it out soon.
UPDATE: So I tried some stuff and finaly managed to get things back to normal through reinstalling game (again), so unfortunetly I dont know what was causing it.

Thanks for help Xuhl, I apreciate it. I hope RNG is generous to you, and you get something you desire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info