Character getting stuck in The Torched Courts after using Leap Slam

Repro Steps:

1. Get a character with Leap Slam and go into The Torched Courts
2. Use Leap Slam near Bookcases and Walls.

Results:

After doing that, the character can get stuck and has to get out by using Leap Slam again. Normal walking doesn't work.

I don't have a screenshot unfortunately, because I forgot all about it and I thought I'd report a bug now as I don't have much time.

The location I'm talking about is the one you go after you defeat the Templar in Act V.

When I'll come back I'll try to provide a screenshot or a short video to help visualize the bug.
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2019, 10:21:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello there.

That is a well known bug, there since 3.7-3.8.
If you manage to find a way to reproduce it on demand, that would be of great help.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
"
xhul wrote:
Hello there.

That is a well known bug, there since 3.7-3.8.
If you manage to find a way to reproduce it on demand, that would be of great help.

So, after jumping around I found that the location in the video linked below is the easiest one to get the bug. You have to use Leap Slam a few times, but it's relatively easy to reproduce the issue.

Also I think it's somehow related to the fact that you can jump over some things using the Leap Slam and there could be places where the models(bookcases for example) can offer a little space where it's seen as a normal ground to walk around on. But that's just a speculation.

Anyways, here's a video I uploaded on youtube specifically for you so if it'll help you you can download it or something. It's also set to Unlisted so you need a link to watch it if you don't want to download it. It won't appear in search results. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2BHE1Nk9pk

PS If there's better way to link videos from youtube, let me know because it's been a long time since I last posted on forums :P
Thanks for your time.

Though that bug can actually happen on very unexpected spots, like at the edge of common walls, it's a good thing that you managed to find one where it can be reproduced without too much trouble.

Now, we need to identify the precise conditions, in other words, being able to trigger the bug without having to try until it happens.

In your video, i noticed something that might be involved, which is that when you "succeeded", your mouse cursor was in the opposite direction.

I also had an idea, which is to open a portal once stucked, just to see how the game interprets the actual player position.

Next time it happens to me, i'll do my best to test as much as possible.
Last edited by xhul on Dec 1, 2019, 8:40:53 AM
I'm working as a QA Tester so that's nothing compared to some bugs I'm encountering at work haha. Glad to be able to help and make this game better than it already is :)

When I'll come across something worth mentioning I'll update the post/reply. :)
At least you have some debugging tools where you work.
All we can do here is trying to hack the dev's brain remotely.

EDIT : similar occurence : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2681808
Last edited by xhul on Dec 1, 2019, 9:11:13 AM
Maybe they'll notice and will repair it :P
We can only hope ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info