Cyclone Causing Crashes

Nop... not fixed in 10.4, hope devs fix this quickly D:
We've been able to get this to happen locally, so we're trying to nail down the cause and get it fixed. Any information you have on a cause, or something you can do that makes it happen every time would be a huge help!
Balance & Design
#The d/c problem is not fixed but happens less likely
(I assume this happening is altered due to the change of minimal spin distance on cyclone, which makes the character less likely to de-sync)

== The spin stops, or doesn't start when you're too close to the target ==
#The minimal spin distance creates a new bug
When you get really closed ranged with the target, you stop spinning, and
are unable to use the skill until you find a distance that allows you to spin.
Before the update, when you hold on the skill button,
it'll continuously use cyclone on the target,
and will follow the target if it moves,
but now it requires you beginning the skill at half the minimal distance,
and ending the skill at half the minimal distance to continue the spin.
If the target doesn't move, and you got the correct distance that allows you to continously cyclone the enemy without stopping.

#The increase on movement speed does not cause the problem.

#Assuming the minimal spin distance is causing this problem
== /The spin stops, or doesn't start when you're too close to the target ==
//
//
=== You will d/c all your party members, leaving 1 left or all d/c-ed ===
As describied on previous posts,
I assume this has to do with the de-sync measurement between users to each other or to the server.

# Never d/c-ed when there's only 2 members, 1 using cyclone.
# Members above 2, all else but the cyclone user d/c, or leaving 1 lucky member.
==/ You will d/c all your party members, leaving 1 left or all d/c-ed ==
//
//
==== Quality on Cyclone doesn't apply ====
As mentioned, tested with 12% increase radius
a 20% Cyclone gem does the same radius as the 0% Cyclone gem
====/ Quality on Cyclone doesn't apply ====
Last edited by virkful on Mar 20, 2013, 5:36:11 AM
it is a serious bug. how long will it be fixed?

No one willing party with me now,. did u guys just make a new skill for the skin only?

WTF
"
virkful wrote:
I assume this has to do with the de-sync measurement between users to each other or to the server.

I doubt it is a desync issue since the players don't simply get kicked, they actually crash with some error dialog.

And like above, this is a very serious issue, it's actually one of the few ways to Kill Other People. Please focus on fix or disable skill in game until fixed since it's really a gamebreaker when you have to leave group (or risk death during crash->dc delay) if there's a cycloner. And also my own char is pretty useless since he can't use his AOE.
Specifically, any monster types present at the time would really help, any consistencies revolving around these monster types would be even better.
I havent had a crash while using cyclone. But in the act 3 start area, one before the town, I have had a lot of crazy desync issues, and character randomly stopping while shift clicking or holding down cast on rare champ. I think it is due to the dudes who using whirling blades on you and all the small bits of terrain. Not sure if this helps but I hope so.
I have had, prior to the shortening of the minimum Cyclone distance, some or all of my party drop out in both Dock runs and Ledge runs with the standard monsters for those areas. I couldn't say for sure specifically which monster type the pack we were/had just been fighting were, but given both areas have skeletons that would be a good place to start.
Last edited by C4vey on Mar 21, 2013, 12:55:22 AM
I've got a probable fix for most of these crashes coming soon.
Yeah i have also noticed that the drop occurs on the Ledge Map while cyclonic close to the rocks and other small bits in the middle of the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info