Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

PoE on UW 5120 X 1440 Screen doesn't register skill activation far off character.

I recently bought Samsung CRG90 Ultra wide screen with 5120 X 1440 res.
PoE scale the content great, however, when pressing a skill activation key, it won't register when my cursor is too far my character, and yes, I have attack in place always enabled.
I have uploaded a short video show casing this at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWXzaHtt0Y

Basically I'm meshing up my 'Q' key on the keyboard (you can hear it clearly in the background), which is bound to my Scourge arrow skill (+ void shot). You can see that when my cursor is too far off from my character, nothing happen, while as I move my cursor back closer toward my char, SA start to fire again.
Last edited by p0miki on Nov 28, 2019, 11:05:14 PM
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2019, 3:56:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
p0miki wrote:
I recently bought Samsung CRG90 Ultra wide screen with 5120 X 1440 res.
PoE scale the content great, however, when pressing a skill activation key, it won't register when my cursor is too far my character, and yes, I have attack in place always enabled.
I have uploaded a short video show casing this at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWXzaHtt0Y

Basically I'm meshing up my 'Q' key on the keyboard (you can hear it clearly in the background), which is bound to my Scourge arrow skill (+ void shot). You can see that when my cursor is too far off from my character, nothing happen, while as I move my cursor back closer toward my char, SA start to fire again.

Well POE is very outdated in terms of resolution and engine capabilities. Hope this gets addressed from 3.9 onward.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Noticed deadzones (at 3840x2160 resolution) so tested with a variety of resolutions. The deadzones didn't appear to be affected by the resolutions I tried (ie: the same physical sized deadzone on my screen for 3840x2160 as for 800x600 as for 1280x1024, etc). On flat ground deadzones appear on the top left and right corners of the game window (almost like a tilted vignette effect, at the very edges of the screen the deadzone extends downward almost 1/2 of the screen (pixel 805 out of 2160)).

Monitor is native 3840x2160 resolution. Tested in windowed fullscreen. Tested both with and without attack in place, no difference noticed.

I found the following similar reports:
Arc doesn't cast when using "always attack without moving" and aiming farther than it's max range
Ultrawide resolution attack target deadzones.
Ultrawide monitor attack target deadzones.
Edit (more threads):
Ultrawide resolution attack target deadzones.
Movement skill deadzone in top corners of screen
Massive attack/cast deadzone on ultrawide monitors
Screen deadzone, no skill execution if the mouse is outside of a certain area.
Triangular deadzone for skills if mouse cursor is near top-left/top-right corner
Last edited by SirGuySW on Jun 16, 2021, 11:51:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info