What does jewel sockets in the passive tree actually do?

if i was to put this jewel in, what does that actually do
ive looked all on google with this question and i just get paragraphs & essays that doesnt answer anything ive asked

does it allow you to continue on the path if youve put a jewel in? So if you dont put a jewel in you have to find a different route on the passive tree
does it unlock everything in the radius it has?

i am 100% new to the game & trying to figure out what is what
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 10:24:31 AM
"
if i was to put this jewel in, what does that actually do

does it allow you to continue on the path if youve put a jewel in? So if you dont put a jewel in you have to find a different route on the passive tree

You do NOT need to put a jewel in. Just allocating the socket is enough to connect beyond it.

"
does it unlock everything in the radius it has?

Generally a jewel does not unlock anything. But each jewel is different and does exactly what it says on the jewel. Most just add benefits the way a node would. Some give you a particular benefit if you have Int or Str or Dex in the range. To get those benefits you do NOT need to have the stat nodes allocated.
Lol, that account name.

Slight correction: There are a few jewels, that do depend on the nodes that you actually have allocated. The most common ones however do not, and just need to be socketed in slots that have a sufficient number of relevant nodes within the radius, regardless of whether they are allocated or not.

Either way, the tooltip of the jewel will state the specifics.
Any Blue/Yellow jewel just gives you whatever stats are on the jewel when it is socketed, nothing more.

Any Unique (Orange) jewel does what it says on the item. Anything that has a range will be shown when the jewel is socketed, and the text on the jewel itself will explain what the range does in that specific circumstance.

By itself, a jewel socket is treated exactly the same as any other passive tree node, and can be connected further regardless of whether or not a jewel is socketed in it.

The only jewels which do not explain their function are the timeless jewels like these:

But as a new player it is not necessary to know how these work. You can look them up at a later date when you want to refine your build at the last step.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
Zionyaru wrote:
Any Blue/Yellow jewel just gives you whatever stats are on the jewel when it is socketed, nothing more.

Any Unique (Orange) jewel does what it says on the item. Anything that has a range will be shown when the jewel is socketed, and the text on the jewel itself will explain what the range does in that specific circumstance.

Thanks, very helpful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info