Load time completely bugged out

So I've been having some internet issues the past few days and didn't notice until yesterday that something is just not right about my zone loading time. Everyone understands that you can sometimes get that slow load every now and then. The problem is that I'm getting that slow load EVERY time I go to any zone / portal now. Normally I would load in at under 1-2 seconds. Now going back and forth in the portals while mapping is taking in excess of 5 seconds every time. That's 10 second round trips...

My ping looks fine / stable and I'm not getting anything weird on my net graph, so I can only assume something has gotten broken some where on GGG's end and my character got permanently affected by it.

Maybe while I was having dsynch / lag issues the past 2 days something just didn't correct after my net went back to normal.

I would appreciate if a MOD knows how to fix this and could possibly pm me or something.
Last edited by garrison1 on Nov 21, 2019, 1:05:43 AM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 2:50:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
garrison1 wrote:
So I've been having some internet issues the past few days and didn't notice until yesterday that something is just not right about my zone loading time. Everyone understands that you can sometimes get that slow load every now and then. The problem is that I'm getting that slow load EVERY time I go to any zone / portal now. Normally I would load in at under 1-2 seconds. Now going back and forth in the portals while mapping is taking in excess of 5 seconds every time. That's 10 second round trips...

My ping looks fine / stable and I'm not getting anything weird on my net graph, so I can only assume something has gotten broken some where on GGG's end and my character got permanently affected by it.

Maybe while I was having dsynch / lag issues the past 2 days something just didn't correct after my net went back to normal.

I would appreciate if a MOD knows how to fix this and could possibly pm me or something.

So are the game running on a SSD.
Did you do a WinMTR while you played (both against the PoE gateway you use to login and the INSTANCE IP your are getting)?
What gateway are you using to login and what INSTANCE IP's are you getting?
"

Did you do a WinMTR while you played (both against the PoE gateway you use to login and the INSTANCE IP your are getting)?

Yes I'm on good hardware. 500gb 3D nand ssd / 1080ti / x370 strix mobo / r7 2700x cpu

Need a guide on doing a WinMTR and finding instance IP's.

I am on DC server.

"
garrison1 wrote:
"

Yes I'm on good hardware. 500gb 3D nand ssd / 1080ti / x370 strix mobo / r7 2700x cpu

Need a guide on doing a WinMTR and finding instance IP's.

I am on DC server.

Here is the guide on how to use WinMTR -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789

To find the INSTANCE IP, you go into your map and then open your client.txt file and in the end there is a line showing the INSTANCE IP. Then you make a second WinMTR report against that IP.
Please remember to leave both WinMTR report running all the time.
Just wanted to say that I did verify integrity of game files in steam and that completely fixed my loading time issues. I think new steam update oddly enough broke my game for a while. As far as the internet goes I'm still getting tons of issues if I try to stream or do some things when I'm only using half of my 6mb upload. My isp frontier is just shit. And that's the reality I have to live with... Thanks for the reply though solo.
"
garrison1 wrote:
Just wanted to say that I did verify integrity of game files in steam and that completely fixed my loading time issues. I think new steam update oddly enough broke my game for a while. As far as the internet goes I'm still getting tons of issues if I try to stream or do some things when I'm only using half of my 6mb upload. My isp frontier is just shit. And that's the reality I have to live with... Thanks for the reply though solo.

Ah ok, well you can try the stand-alone client and see if that's better.
As a steam user you just have to follow this guide from GGG then you can use both clients -->

If you created your Path of Exile account via Steam, it will not have an associated email address on our end.

If you would like to add an email address to your Steam Path of Exile account so you may use the stand-alone client, you should be able to do so by logging into our website using the green 'Sign in through STEAM' button on our login page, then navigating to the 'change email' page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/change-email and proceeding to change the email on your account to the email you would like to sign in with on the stand-alone client for Path of Exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info