Today i have bought new laptop

Hello everyone, im just happy i got new pc since forever and felt like shearing some good emotions.

I have started playing poe since open beta with terible laptop dell which doesnt even have graphic card (this laptop is still alive after over ten years of use, connected to life support- fan pad (without it it overheats and shutdowns even on idle)) amazing.

Later untit today i used hp laptop i3 proc with amd radeon 8600m, it was good for a while on lowest settings, but this laptop got outdated really fast and game sat at smth 20 fps and it was good if it stayed there. Nightmares were when entering alvas temple restoration room, breach room, fighting that alira atlas boss (which raises zombies fps reliably droping to 5 and less). In last leagues i barely participated.

Today finnaly got yet another laptop which should remove all restrictions. Its acer predetor 300 with i7 9750h, gtx 1660 ti. Have not yet tried poe just yet, left poe installing and went to work, i hope this will reignite passion for poe.

God, i hope i wont have to eat my words. :D
Last edited by Andrius319 on Nov 19, 2019, 11:59:07 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2019, 8:43:12 PM
Congrats on the new laptop. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
1660 ti is extremely comparable to the 1070 which i use, but you have a much better cpu than mine and i play the game great. yes you'll do very well.
hopefully the laptop has a decent screen specs which will make the biggest noticeable difference at this point
Thx!

Tested a bit yesterday. Runs smoothly on mostly high settings, didnt dear yet to crank everything up max. Fps jumps around quite in a wide range, ussually 70-150 (without overclock, didnt notice any impact from overclocking smh).

Now, will have to visit infamous laggy places i suppose :)
Sweet I got one a couple months ago. I don't think you'll have a problem. I have a Dell 5420 Rugged laptop with only AMD Radeon 540 2gb and plays this game at high settings. I love this thing. Can see outdoor in direct sunlight with 1000 nits display, drop water on it, drop it out of truck and no problems. I usually destroy electronics in a couple weeks. so I buy rugged stuff and really limits my choices and your video card is way more high end.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 23, 2019, 9:25:01 PM
Congrats on your purchase! I'm currently researching budget gaming laptops and an Acer caught my eye, reviews present it as being quite a good option. https://popular.reviews/best-gaming-laptops-under-500/#1_Acer_Aspire_E5-576-392H
pretty interesting laptop, Dell 5420 Rugged. Probably you could knockout other person with it and still get away with no damage on it :)

My previous hp laptop did drop on to hard floor once with top right corner from around 1.5 meter height. a bit of case did split off, but display screen survived somehow, wouldnt take such risk anymore thou :D

disregard this
under spoiler might be inaccurate (will double check it).
Spoiler
Did look a bit about Acer Aspire E5-576-392H. By numbers it looks somewhere 1.5 faster than mine hp. Including other people opinion (1 forum thread link below) suggest to save up a bit more since most newer games will have to run on lowered graphics which also means future games might suffer more. Something extra 200 probably would extend usable gaming time by quite a lot, thou its just guesses from short inspection (for gaming purpose anyways).

link to that short thread.
https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/acer-aspire-e-15-e5-576g-5762.425933/

yeah. mixed up. checked on this:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-i5-8250U-GeForce-E5-576G-5762-Renewed/dp/B07BYMGC5W
instead of
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ
with graphic card difference
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-MX150-0-vs-Intel-UHD-Graphics-620-Mobile-Kaby-Lake-R/m332822vsm320744

Another interesting thing i encountered recently was cpu throttling from heat (yes im noob :D). Its another thing to take into account when looking for laptops. My cpu does heat a lot at some games (92C). And so liquid metal thermal paste came to my knowledge. Interesting thing. Dangerous, requires more attention, but people do successfully use it and did get 20C drop on cpu (from 92C to 72C) which is ridiculous. Wont be using it, well, at least not yet :)

Last edited by Andrius319 on Dec 10, 2019, 9:32:10 AM
I try and buy beefy electronics. I work construction and seriously replaced 5 phones in 1 year before I learned. And they were not cheap phones either and insurance only paid after $200 deductible. Plus hassle involved with dealing with warranty. I had same problem with laptops same year - replaced 3. Now I have electronics that can take a beating. Costs more up front, costs more in performance but it's nice to not worry about dropping it or getting it wet.

You should see my truck I have $60,000 in mods on it so it doesnt break so much. Basically trophy truck suspension airlockers and stuff so it can handle beatings.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 10, 2019, 8:54:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info