New Shield "Manastorm"

I have a question in my head ......

"Sacrifice all mana to gain a maximum added lightining damage equal to 25 % of sacrified mana for 4 seconds"

-What the interacting between New shield "Manastorm" with "Eldritch battery" and "sprit offering", if you use blood magic to cast a spell when you play a Necromancer ... or a Scion ....

If it works, it open a new vision for necromancer ....
Last edited by Shalyndra on Nov 15, 2019, 7:42:01 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2019, 7:03:59 AM
it only sacrifice mana, so blood magic or eb should work, BUT you need high mana regen anyways if yu want to get a decent buff anyways, so you shouldn't be worried about being able to cast things. i think the best use of this will be for skills that you cast once in a while such as totems and attacks (i think added lightning dmg should also works for attacks but you'll need a spell to cast to proc the buff which is even better, ic or blood rage for exemple), so that you can wait your mana to fully regen to get a fully stacked dmg buff for 4 seconds.
totem hierophant will be huge with this, but the sacrifice mana part of this will make MoM less reliable.
summoners won't be that good imo as added dmg doesn't help minions and you have to spam spells to play corpse builds so you won't have a that good use out of it unless you stop casting on purpuse until your mana goes back up.
instant mana flasks would be op with that i bet
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:

If you already have enough mana to get a substantial buff from this shield, chances are your mana regen is already stellar.
Does it work with Indigon though?
"
Atech2 wrote:

No this item sacrifices mana, you arent spending it.

My question is how does it work with eldritch battery?
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Atech2 wrote:

It doesn't. EB says spend ES instead of mana = not spending mana. Also obvious but BM doesn't work either.

Only if you SPEND mana it will work. Which means MoM doesn't work either.
"
n0z0mu wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Atech2 wrote:

It doesn't. EB says spend ES instead of mana = not spending mana. Also obvious but BM doesn't work either.

Only if you SPEND mana it will work. Which means MoM doesn't work either.

You may need to read it again. It says sacrifice when you use a skill. This means that you can use EB or BM and cast with something other than mana, and your mana will be sacrificed.

Seems like it will be good for skills that are already op, like ball lightning.
"
satanttin wrote:

those 14k mana guardians be like

looks like a nice item to build around, hopefully we wont have some streamer playing a broken build with it and as a result making the item stupidly expensive
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

those 14k mana guardians be like

looks like a nice item to build around, hopefully we wont have some streamer playing a broken build with it and as a result making the item stupidly expensive
one shotting bosses as if it were white mobs :')

think it will be expensive anyways bet a ton of people would want to try it out
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info