[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Sadly we are not using a weapon but a shield
You might want to include:

-not an ideal league starter

Also, I would add Wurm's Molt to the suggested leveling items. This is based on my personal experience leveling with this as my first character in POE and my first metamorph league character. Not having access to the mana reduction accessories can make things somewhat annoying, though I never really had mana problems so long as I was using potions and calling my shots.
Last edited by Hexivor on Dec 29, 2019, 10:33:54 AM
I've changed a few things around to my own liking, but loving this build so far! Working on getting a higher defense shield, but trying to wait as long as possible so I can get some more life. This is the first max block build I've played that didn't make me regret playing max block. Clear is solid and single target is tolerable considering you never die.

Not sure why it's showing me using Vile Toxins... I'm not xD
Last edited by CefkaPalazzo on Dec 29, 2019, 1:34:42 PM
Has anyone with good gear tried swapping the helmet enchant from "+5 additional shard projectiles" to "+40% increased damage" ?

The clear feels really good at the moment, but I am not sure how much loosing the enchant would hurt it. But a tad more single target damage is always welcome.

I am looking to make the change, but don't feel like investing the currency if this is going to be a downgrade, especially if someone else tried it out already.
Last edited by Tixout on Dec 29, 2019, 8:21:34 PM
"
Tixout wrote:
Has anyone with good gear tried swapping the helmet enchant from "+5 additional shard projectiles" to "+40% increased damage" ?

The clear feels really good at the moment, but I am not sure how much loosing the enchant would hurt it. But a tad more single target damage is always welcome.

I am looking to make the change, but don't feel like investing the currency if this is going to be a downgrade, especially if someone else tried it out already.

I have the +40% damage helmet, clear is good at any tier
The 40% damage enchant is going to save you maybe 12 seconds on shaper at the cost of costing you several seconds on every map you run. Not worth it.
Just started into Metamorph for a fresh start. Need some variety as my SSF char has progressed a lot and i also wanted to test this as a league start.
Will update the first post asap.

"
Hexivor wrote:
You might want to include:

-not an ideal league starter

Also, I would add Wurm's Molt to the suggested leveling items. This is based on my personal experience leveling with this as my first character in POE and my first metamorph league character. Not having access to the mana reduction accessories can make things somewhat annoying, though I never really had mana problems so long as I was using potions and calling my shots.

Sad to hear. Some other people here in thread described they had a good league start with it. But i will check this out. Manaflask is nothing bad i guess. There is also an Enduring mod which alot of people now use even in endgame.

"
Meru84 wrote:
Sadly we are not using a weapon but a shield

Yeah GGG keeps forgetting shields ;)
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Last edited by paLe1337 on Dec 30, 2019, 2:38:01 PM
Hello and great guide. What Maps cant this build run?
"
thinkheaven wrote:
Hello and great guide. What Maps cant this build run?

Phys Reflect is not possible, No Leech is annoying but possible - wouldnt recommend. It can do all others.
Love the guide and the build! I just hit maps today and already able to do yellow. I have lots to replace though...at one point will the single target get better? Are the gloves pretty much going to be the biggest increase? As well as the shield.

Metamorphs are just a huge pain in the butt right now. It's my bad organ choices.. hahaha

Anyway, the build is awesome! The guide is perfect! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info