So from What i have seen on D4 streams. .

It is going to tank PoE as it stands...
Looks fun to play.
Not heavy on system requirements.
And has a skill system Yay.
Also Diablo 2 and 1 were amazing.

Really looking forward to see if GGG can make the play to gear up for the challenge.
Cause even just the demo seems way out ahead of what we have available now just on game play loop and Feel.

I am your Devine one Bow before me
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2019, 11:30:07 PM
Copied from my own comment on the two other threads already on this very topic -_-' :

"Looks like they're just trying to remake D2 in the new engine. Hell, they're even bringing all the old classes back. Chances are we're getting Druid, Sorceress, Barbarian (all confirmed), Amazon (cos you need to fill the archer/rogue archetype) and Necromancer (for summoners, no Druid doesn't cut it for satisfying summoners). So that leaves Paladin and Assassin left out in the cold (cos only 5 on launch). What little gameplay they've shown looks ... pretty standard. Meh.

People make a big deal out of the return to the old art style. I don't give a crap about the art style. I want an interesting game, and if all they're gonna do is remake D2 in a new engine then no thanks (I'm not a graphics nut either). D4 needs to actually push the genre forward and introduce new ideas that make for interesting gameplay, not cash in on nostalgia. I don't give a crap about this being a Blizzard game - I'll judge it on its own merits as if it came from some unknown studio, much like PoE.

P.S.: Btw, what makes Lilith so scary? She's the daughter of Mephisto. Sure she (co-)created Sanctuary, but we've already defeated each of the PRIME Evils, then all 3 of them together, then all of them together + Malthael. How's she gonna top that?"

Basically, what we've seen so far actually looks miles behind where PoE is now, let alone 4.0. Better in terms of graphics and likely performance, but way more primitive in terms of concept and mechanics.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 2, 2019, 8:05:34 AM
What we've seen and what we'll get are two completely different things.

I think it's time to accept it folks: Diablo died after the second game, and no one's bringing him back.
Sure, D3 can still be enjoyable, but it's not Diablo. And D4 as it looks currently (in this pre-alpha just for demonstration's sake) is just D3 v.2 with an MMO vibe to it. It might work, but again, not Diablo.

I also wish people would stop comparing POE to anything Diablo related. It's a different game, and people can also play multiple games.
It will not be out soon "even by Blizzard standards" means about 3 years minimum. We have no idea where PoE will be by then, no idea how many other ARGPs will be out by then. As it is now, it looks pretty meh.
Censored.
"
lupasvasile wrote:
I think it's time to accept it folks: Diablo died after the second game, and no one's bringing him back.
Sure, D3 can still be enjoyable, but it's not Diablo. And D4 as it looks currently (in this pre-alpha just for demonstration's sake) is just D3 v.2 with an MMO vibe to it. It might work, but again, not Diablo.

Plenty of people here love D2, but the same arguments you use here can be used against it. Compared to the original, it's not a Diablo game. D1 had very basic gameplay, but it had an amazing atmosphere to it. D2 ramped up the complexity, but killed the atmosphere. D is not Diablo.
I've looked at their items: Damage and defense are two stats on every items.....

Items will be generic boring items just like in D3. I'm not looking forward this game tbh. This will be a disappointement fest just like D3.
Trickquestion:

How does one get his horse to step through the townportal ?

Spoiler
Atleast D1 had portals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Better in terms of graphics and likely performance, but way more primitive in terms of concept and mechanics.

first ARPG in sandbox style with huge open world where players can go where he want and when he want do it what he want can be something more epic than exploring this diablo 2 inspired huge open world when your druid on the mount change all the time his avatars from human>bear to werewolf

MMMORPG elements probably you watch thins long 2h gameplays from stremers and you have noticed +50 players on your screen during killign this big dragon Ashava one of the many world boos ?

Sebastian Stępień say you soemthing ? noo Creative Director who previously worked on The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 so expect CDPR quality in terms of heavy story based contnet with sick writen charismatic characters NPC dialogs and the most importat thing quest

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Nov 8, 2019, 1:50:03 PM
It's confirmed that D4 will have cosmetic mtx just like this game (on TOP of having to pay for the base game and any expansions). So you're gonna see peacocks strutting around in that game as well.

https://youtu.be/SxrJ9Fa_HZQ
"
aquasplash wrote:

first ARPG in sandbox style with huge open world where players can go where he want and when he want do it what he want can be something more epic than exploring this diablo 2 inspired huge open world when your druid on the mount change all the time his avatars from human>bear to werewolf

That ARPG already exists, it's called Sacred 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info