[3.8] GLACIAL CASCADE MINES Saboteur v2.0 (2019 Edition) Build.OneShot bosses! ULTIMATE VIDEO guide!

While everyone were playing Icicle mine in Blight League i was busy revamping the glorious Glacial Cascade build to it's former glory. I've been on a holy crusade for single target and on a quest for clear speed.
What you see here is a monstrous one-shotting build with literally unparalleled (for miners) AOE and great clear speed. I took it quite far, beyond the horizon, to see the limits of true POWER. That is GLACIAL CASCADE SABOTEUR. Throwing 23 mines now! One-shotting all bosses in under a second!
Instead of just doing a build guide i've made a comprehensive MINES video guide where i will explain you difference between traps and mines, changes in 3.8 as well as discuss and show other mines in action!
Check out my other 20+ builds out there! :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
With over 20+ active builds it is becoming hard to keep up with replies and comments, so make sure you follow me on discord, twitter and more importantly = twitch to ask for anything!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
➤ All here: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► PATREON to be real BRUH: https://www.patreon.com/angryroleplayer
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/angryroleplayer
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► TWITTER to keep notified on shit: https://twitter.com/RoleplayerAngry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► DISCORD to chat offline: !discord on stream
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VIDEO BUILD/GUIDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYMU15geuKo
======================================================================================
http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/glacial-cascade-mines-saboteur-v2-0-2019-edition-path-of-exile-build/
======================================================================================
How does it work, in general?
In 3.8 a lot has changed for Miners. New supports, new mines, AURA tags, THROWING mines, as well as 23 mines now. One thing stays the same though: Glacial Cascade is still OP.
Triple conversion from phys to cold to fire to chaos with a whopping 50% elemental damage as extra chaos thanx to Eternity Shroud + ignoring all monster chaos resistance entirely * 23 mines = damage unlike you’ve never seen since the abyssal STAT STICKS.
To go full power you would need ALL shaper items on your gear (excluding jewels of cause)! While this sounds hard, in reality it’s all achievable with the biggest problems being rings (10+ ex each)
======================================================================================
1) PROS
Spoiler

+one-shots most bosses (map bosses, guardians)
+3 minute uber elder KILL with trash gear very early into the league
+great AOE
+need only ONE six-link
+immune to reflect

======================================================================================
2) CONS
Spoiler

-4.5k life (like any DPS shadow, literally)
-survives on dodge alone
-can’t really delve deep because no physical mitigation
-getting Shaped Essence Worm rings is expensive

3) Skill Tree Progression / Path of Building / Ascendancy / Bandits
Spoiler

Path of building:
End-game Setup: https://pastebin.com/4w23JR7t
For Ascendancy: Pyromaniac, Bomb Specialist, Born in the Shadows, Explosives Expert.
Bandits:Alira

======================================================================================
4) Early Levelling Gear / Skills
Spoiler

Axioms, Goldrim, Tabula, Lochtonial Caress, Wanderlust.

I ran all acts with Stormblast Mines, but you can also use Pyroclast or Icicle mine as you wish.
2L Stormblast Mine: Stormblast-Swift Assembly
3L Stormblast Mine: Stormblast-Swift Assembly-Trap&Mine.Damage.
4L Stormblast Mine: Stormblast-Swift Assembly-Trap&Mine.Damage-Minefield
You can use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tremor_Rod with a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Jeweller%27s_Touch as you go and it will carry you well into the end game.

======================================================================================
5) My Actual Gear / End-Game Skills
Spoiler



For jewels looks for crit multi with elemental skills \ cold \ global. For abyssal jewels: cold damage with spells.
For Uber Lab enchant: 40% Physical Glacial Cascade converted to Cold (it makes all your damage Cold by default without using threshold jewels)
5L Glacial Cascade: Glacial Cascade-Blastchain.Mine-Trap&Mine.Damage-Hypothermia-Minefield
6L Glacial Cascade: Glacial Cascade-Blastchain.Mine-Trap&Mine.Damage-Hypothermia-Minefield-Cold.to.Fire
For the gear i would prioritize:
1) Tabula Rasa and any levelling gear
2) lvl.10: Axiom’s Perpetuum X2
3) lvl.30-40: 5L Chest
4) lvl.38: Essence Worm
5) lvl.41: Tremor Rod
6) lvl.67: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Machina_Mitts if you want
7) lvl.70+: good +1 cold/physical wands & SHIELD
6) lvl.80-90+: crafting a multimodded Dagger
TRASH GEAR THAT I USED FOR FIRST UBER ELDER KILL
Spoiler




======================================================================================
6) Flasks
Spoiler



======================================================================================
7) Pantheon Gods
Spoiler

Major: Arakaali
Minor: Shakari

======================================================================================
8) Hardcore Viable or not?
Spoiler

Not viable.

======================================================================================
9) FOR THE RICH GUYS
Spoiler

+1-2 Chest, GG triple CRIT jewels, Shaper Essence Worms

======================================================================================
MORE VIDEOS:
Spoiler

UBER ELDER 3 minute DEATHLESS in Trash under 1 EX Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJtK7yuN0o8
How to craft a GG Dagger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rrfRo21oio
Literally One-shot Red Elder (early league fiootage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JKxIa5nqbg
All Guardians and Shaper deathless early in the league
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgaHEuc7jGw

======================================================================================
FAQ
1) What is the best base for crafting a weapon?
Spoiler

I.lvl 85 Shaper Golden Kris

2) Can i chance Shaped Essence Worm myself?
Spoiler
I’ve used 1000 chances/scours and haven’t seen a unique unset ring ONCE. I dare you. lol

https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Last edited by Angry_Roleplayer on Oct 17, 2019, 10:21:14 AM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2019, 5:40:09 PM
Would have been nice if you had made a guide with your earlier gear. There is literally one person selling a shaper essence ring currently (and 3 offline that I can see and 2 haven't been logged in for 6+ days). And the one guy is not even replying to messages (I have 21ex). Or made alternatives for not having essence worms I suppose.

I was actually excited for this build guide until I seen that, feels bad :(
"
CrazyCdn wrote:
Would have been nice if you had made a guide with your earlier gear. There is literally one person selling a shaper essence ring currently (and 3 offline that I can see and 2 haven't been logged in for 6+ days). And the one guy is not even replying to messages (I have 21ex). Or made alternatives for not having essence worms I suppose.

I was actually excited for this build guide until I seen that, feels bad :(


Just got around to looking at this build. Oh it's another one of the Stack a bunch of Shaped Items with Eternity Shroud for conversion multi-dipping stuff. Honestly, while I appreciate AngryRoleplayer wanting to pseudo-revive GC mine, with that level of gear may as well just go Icicle Mines.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
CrazyCdn wrote:
Would have been nice if you had made a guide with your earlier gear. There is literally one person selling a shaper essence ring currently (and 3 offline that I can see and 2 haven't been logged in for 6+ days). And the one guy is not even replying to messages (I have 21ex). Or made alternatives for not having essence worms I suppose.

I was actually excited for this build guide until I seen that, feels bad :(


Just got around to looking at this build. Oh it's another one of the Stack a bunch of Shaped Items with Eternity Shroud for conversion multi-dipping stuff. Honestly, while I appreciate AngryRoleplayer wanting to pseudo-revive GC mine, with that level of gear may as well just go Icicle Mines.

The level of gear is not that crazy. I specifically listed what gear i used to kill first Uber Elder and most content in the game. You don't even need a single shaper item for that
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
CrazyCdn wrote:
Would have been nice if you had made a guide with your earlier gear. There is literally one person selling a shaper essence ring currently (and 3 offline that I can see and 2 haven't been logged in for 6+ days). And the one guy is not even replying to messages (I have 21ex). Or made alternatives for not having essence worms I suppose.

I was actually excited for this build guide until I seen that, feels bad :(

I would prioritize other shaped items for now, cause ring is the most expensive (while not that rare). This is how i did it. I didn't not go and BUY both rings. It took me several weeks to get all gear and currency. I started with the chest, the slowly started upgrading each item, one by one: gloves, boots are easiest along with helm. belt is easy. wand or dagger is pretty easy. Amulet is about 1-2 ex so not that hard. Then you only literally have just the rings left
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
I am currently leveling this build without plans to move into Shaper items unless drops are coming. I just finished 2nd labyrinth and its moving along quite smoothly. A little squishy until you get acrobats and phase acrobats. All I've done is craft my daggers along the way and use a tabula from a previous drop.

Cheers!
"
TheLunchbox79 wrote:
I am currently leveling this build without plans to move into Shaper items unless drops are coming. I just finished 2nd labyrinth and its moving along quite smoothly. A little squishy until you get acrobats and phase acrobats. All I've done is craft my daggers along the way and use a tabula from a previous drop.

Cheers!

Sweet!
Shapering yourself is actually a fun and gradual progress.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

How to craft the dagger? how to get these two prefixes physical damage as extra cold damage and elemental damage as extra chaos damage. I appreciate the help.
"
zelfon wrote:

How to craft the dagger? how to get these two prefixes physical damage as extra cold damage and elemental damage as extra chaos damage. I appreciate the help.

Check the video section
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Hi!

I was lucky enough to get ABSOLUTELY ENDGAME version of Eternity Shroud and i'd like to make a glacial cascade miner using it, but i've very little experience playing as a miner. As such i have few questions, and here they are: 1st: isn't dual wielding better? 2nd: Multicrafting wands: isn't +1 to cold gems better affix than phys as extra element? 3rd: how about 2x CoTB shaped and links like: GC=>blastchain=>phys to light=>cold to fire=>empower4=>swift assembly or something similar?

Thanx in andvance for reply!

Cheers, Doroni

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info