Anyone playing 1H + Shield?

I am about to complete Act 3. Up to now, it has been fun and I didn't have much difficulty with 1H+Shield. Is 1H+Shield a viable combination in high levels? I know it should be in theory but I just wanted to know that if there are high level players having fun with 1H+Shield.

Thanks.
Last edited by AronDash on Mar 17, 2013, 9:24:56 AM
Yes.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
im lvl 45 for now and work well
I'm playing a pure armor Marauder with one handed mace and shield right now and I like it.

Just a question, would pure physical damage be viable for one handed Marauders or should you go the fire/elemental damage route?
"
Route1 wrote:
I'm playing a pure armor Marauder with one handed mace and shield right now and I like it.

Just a question, would pure physical damage be viable for one handed Marauders or should you go the fire/elemental damage route?

Remember that armor is not as effective as HP. It's good versus basic mobs, but you only need a few thousand for that.

However, some mobs will hit for 2000-4000 damage depending on how far in the game you are. Armor effectiveness is reduced, meaning your 20k armor might only mitigate 5-10% at best (not sure about exact numbers), making HP the only dependable form of survivability.

"
"
Route1 wrote:

Remember that armor is not as effective as HP. It's good versus basic mobs, but you only need a few thousand for that.

However, some mobs will hit for 2000-4000 damage depending on how far in the game you are. Armor effectiveness is reduced, meaning your 20k armor might only mitigate 5-10% at best (not sure about exact numbers), making HP the only dependable form of survivability.

Hm, this is true. So how much armor would you actually suggest on taking?

Are life gain on hit nodes worth taking?
Sure am, mate.
Please, don't comment on patch notes asking the developers or moderators why they haven't fixed something yet. It doesn't help anyone, especially not the developers or moderators who are clearly still working on whatever it is you want fixed or changed, whether it be in-game or otherwise.
"
Route1 wrote:
Are life gain on hit nodes worth taking?

There is one whole Life Gain on Hit node in the tree. And it is not worth taking.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
L70 mace-shield here.

Works more or less fine.

Anything in the "normal" game I can handle (with full endurance, I can tank a merciless Vaal slam... not that I recommend it if you can avoid it ;p).

For maps, my build seems fine, though there are definitely times I wish my gear was somewhat improved. That's hardly a fault of holdig a shield though.

Tip: You are using Ground Slam I assume? If so, I recommend finding the fastest possible attackspeed mace you can. More hits = more LoH, which is a big key.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info