[3.8] 9 golems massive buffs Elementalist EK 2M+shaper

Hello just want to share the build I'm working on at the moment

Always like EK but it has problem with single target, Elementalist makes me think it will solve that problem!

The golem buffs are massive, making any elemental spells/attacks work great

9 golems give 550% increased effect of buffs and 180% increased damage!
lv21 golems are like 3-10c!

Stone Golem life regen: 715
Ice Golem Crit: 195%
Chaos Golem Physical reduction: 26%
Fire Golem Increased damage: 130%
Lightning Golem Cast/Attack speed: 65%

thats my poe at the moment, leveling the char
https://pastebin.com/k05NXtM0

EK link: EK- Spell Echo - Controlled destruction - Hypothermia - Energy Leech - Pierce
No need gem swap for boss
Vaal BV - Controlled destruction - Hypothermia - Concentrate effect
for extra punch on some tougher bosses

so far even in t16 one hit killing any packs, single target is acceptable, way better than the old EK, map bosses dying in few hits, guardians vaal blade vortex will help to get the kill done quicker, spin some BV before engaging.

Hatred cold conversion watcher eye for 100% convert to cold
these are the core items i recommend, Devouring Diadem makes life way easier with EB, never need to worry about mana, spec into MoM as well for defense. EK projectile speed enchant is strongly recommended, its cheap, i got my helm for 30c and along with enchant, aniontment, ek gem we dont need faster projectile for EK link anymore.

this is not a guide, never made a guide, just to share and discuss the possibility of new Elementalist!

Video:
tier 15 dark forest, boss extra hp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJBtgfXCGY&t=
Last edited by sivertry on Oct 10, 2019, 12:19:28 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2020, 12:50:26 PM
Video please?
uploaded a quick t15 video
"
sivertry wrote:
this is not a guide, never made a guide, just to share and discuss the possibility of new Elementalist!

OK so... few questions then.

Your golems don't really deal any damage att all... have you thought of some +3 pseudo 6/7 link helmet to boost the damage of one type of golem? I like the concept of using the golems buff effects as damage boost but having 9 golems doing eff all with their thumbs up their arses seems a bit of a waste to me.

How do your golems fare when the going gets tough? One Harmony can hardly provide enough life regen.

Isn't 200% crit multi rather low?

You have Beacon of Ruin but I don't see any source of lightning damage. How do you apply shock reliably outside Shocking Conflux?
the reason why i use devouring diadem instead of minion helm is to have easy EB+MoM, solving all mana problem plus extra layer of defense, with the helm i can run all my auras as well

golems normally dont die, they immune to all ele damage, occasionally some might die to heavy physical damage stuffs, might consider to anoint indomitable army for extra physical damage reduction

i have almost 400% crit multi?

the conflux is how i apply shock...it doesnt really have much down time, if things dying before the shock applies then its not needed anyways. i did consider mastermind of discord but shock adds so much damage to the things that actually takes a while to kill

u can do lightning version with physical to lightning support, wrath conversion watcher eye and conversion gloves
i went with cold version to kinda perm freezing stuffs for safety
I mean, you can get "adds xx lightning damage to spells" on a jewel or crafted ring, shouldn't be too hard to come by, no? 1 pt lightning damage is enough anyway.

oh ya good catch, wasnt thinking, was using a pair of Singularity before those daggers, ya need a better ring :D

btw Singularity is great budget weapons to start, killed few guardians at lv 80 no problem with those, the hindered debuff really good

i guess meanwhile can use HoT instead of HoA
Also the odd empower gem will prove quite useful for your golem buff effects.

lvl 22 Chaos Golem = 5% phys dmg reduction + 550% = 32.5% total

lvl 22 Lightning = 11% incr att/cast speed + 550% = 71.5% total

lvl 24 Ice Golem = 32% incr crit chance + 550% = 208% total

lvl 24 Flame Golem = 21% incr. damage + 550% = 136.5% total

lvl 24 Stone Golem = 127 life/sec + 550% = 825.5

It all adds up... perticularly increasing the levels of Lightning and Chaos Golem is cheap should be worth your while. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 10, 2019, 2:13:57 AM
"
sivertry wrote:

9 golems give 550% increased effect of buffs and 180% increased damage!
lv21 golems are like 3-10c!

Stone Golem life regen: 715
Ice Golem Crit: 195%
Chaos Golem Physical reduction: 26%
Fire Golem Increased damage: 130%
Lightning Golem Cast/Attack speed: 65%

Video:
tier 15 dark forest, boss extra hp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJBtgfXCGY&t=

I'm super happy more people are messing around with the new massively buffed golem-buff-elementalist. I assume your 550% comes from 9x50%=450% (ascendancy)+ 70% (tree) + 30% (single eminence)

This approach with all in with buffs have been the theme of my Blight league builds. I think it is the best thing that has happened to self casting in a looooong time. I also played Fire Trap dot + Slavedriver's Hands gloves with it and it was pretty stupid as well.

The most fun use for these buffs so far for me has been to go with dual Shimmeron wands full in crit. With 6 power charges you get more than 95% crit chance with most spells and I have like 550% crit multi.

I used this massive damage to boost Orb of Storms with Chain. Buffed with a lot of area of effect it becomes and absolute clearing monster. I then have Ball Lightning on slower projectiles gloves to boost single target. I killed Shaper for the first time ever with this build.

And the really cool part is that I could slap in basically any spell that works with crit and it would be good. I believe this is the best way to utilize Shimmeron's these days. It synergizes so well with all the golem buffs. Scaling crit is way better than scaling increased damage because you already get so much increased damage from having golems and Shimmeron's are the best super cheap option for that.

I also quickly messed around with Lightning Trap in pob and ended up with 400k Shaper damage per projectile, throwing 4 sets of 3 traps per second with SlaveDriver's hand (also gives blood magic for traps so no mana issues). That might be pretty nice as well. :D

To simulate the buffs in PoB add the following lines to one of your items (flask is a good choise to tick on/off):
450% increased effect of buffs granted by your golems
180% increased damage

The first line wording works with PoB because it is the same one used by eminence and the new passive tree nodes.
Last edited by PalikkaApina on Oct 10, 2019, 2:33:01 AM
Ya new elementalist is good with many builds, buffs on every stats, the big life Regen u can run shimmering safely and with some tweaks u can also sustain RF for extra damage
Downside is we are so gem slots starved lol
Last edited by sivertry on Oct 10, 2019, 12:01:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info