[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Escape_Artist wrote:
"
Voeid wrote:
Cold exposure is supported by POB it's just already applied since you're using Frost Bomb.

Frost bomb is -25%, weapon mod is -10%.

Same with the Eye of Malice. It also has "%chance to inflict Cold Exposure on hit". When I tested the helmet in the beginning of the league, it boosted my kill time significantly at Elder.

You can also remove Frost Bomb from your PoB setup and then play around with the weapon mod, nothing changes DPS wise. You can also use Eye of Malice and see that nothing changes.

Cold Exposure from the Frost Bomb works, but the mod "#% chance to inflict Cold Exposure" doesn't work in PoB.

As per wiki "Multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied."

Weapon mod most likely isn't supported so nothing would change in POB but I doubt you'd want to drop FB to get a small chance to get a lesser effect on that.
"
Voeid wrote:
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
"
Voeid wrote:
Cold exposure is supported by POB it's just already applied since you're using Frost Bomb.

Frost bomb is -25%, weapon mod is -10%.

Same with the Eye of Malice. It also has "%chance to inflict Cold Exposure on hit". When I tested the helmet in the beginning of the league, it boosted my kill time significantly at Elder.

You can also remove Frost Bomb from your PoB setup and then play around with the weapon mod, nothing changes DPS wise. You can also use Eye of Malice and see that nothing changes.

Cold Exposure from the Frost Bomb works, but the mod "#% chance to inflict Cold Exposure" doesn't work in PoB.

As per wiki "Multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied."

Weapon mod most likely isn't supported so nothing would change in POB but I doubt you'd want to drop FB to get a small chance to get a lesser effect on that.

Even if it doesn't stack, it gives you way better uptime on Cold Exposure, because you can't keep it up with Frost Bomb if the boss moves a lot (could test it out in PvP to see how it actually works).
As I said, tested it @ Elder in the beginning of the league and it boosted my killtime significantly.

And that's why people are chasing for wands like these: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/eRQXQg6IL
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Jan 1, 2020, 6:15:14 AM
There isn't anything official from GGG but all other info I could find on Exposure points to it applying the same debuff and thus - not stacking (within the same element).

I may be wrong but I wouldn't bet a mirror on finding that out, those wands could be either amazing or just overpriced by about 130 exalts. ;)
I agree with both of you. and actually the 2 of you are discussing the same thing in different perspectives.

POB uses the frostbomb cold exposure to calculate it's dps. so, -25% cold resist is the largest. other stacks of cold exposure does not increase this dps.

however, as you've also mentioned, having more than just frostbomb to apply cold exposure increases the uptime of the debuff. or in layman terms, you apply cold exposure more frequently now, hence the gameplay is smoother.

lets say frostbomb procs every 5 seconds, and you have another cold exposure setup that procs every 5 seconds as well. assume they occur in between one another in opposing "phases". ie, every 2.5s you apply cold exposure. by increasing the frequency, instead of needing to wait 5s to benefit from the debuff, you only need to wait 2.5s. and after 2.5s you get max dps - which is 2.5s faster than if you only had one of the procs. so for a full 2.5s, you experience the max dps, hence things get killed faster.
Yup and what he experienced on Elder was also the fact that with Exposure applied on hit it would be applied a lot quicker too since FB's Exposure would proc 2sec after casting the second Vortex. So more of front loaded damage.

Something to keep in mind with that is that dot ticks can't proc it so it would be a chance on hit with CS or Vortex mainly applying it so it wouldn't be always up either when FB Exposure falls off.

It is a smaller gain from the weapon mod than it could initially seem which makes me think those wands aren't exactly worth a mirror, just similar to a good 3x tier1 base.
Last edited by Voeid on Jan 1, 2020, 7:19:28 AM
Will test it again later this week and actually write down the killtimes.

It has a 20% chance to proc, lets round Vortex cld to 1 second. You'll end up with 80%, but you can fill the missing 20% with Cold Snap or Flame Dash. Which means if you do it properly, you'll have 100% uptime on cold exposure from the weapon mod.
Which isn't happening with Frost Bomb... and that's why I noticed a big killtime difference when I tested it.

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Jan 1, 2020, 7:44:42 AM
to add on, not only is it more front loaded dmg, depending on how long the cold exposure debuff lasts, and the proc/cast CD of frostbomb, you also could have a larger % uptime of the debuff on the boss.

ie, imagine frostbomb is on a 5s cooldown (instant cast, no delay for simplicity, assume rotating the triggered spells always cause it to be applied every 5s). if the debuff is only for 3s, then there will be 2s there is no frostbomb.

so cold exposure on hit (be it spamming vortexes and cold snap) would also add to this uptime. essentially from 60% to 100% (for argument's sake). that, as mentioned is huge (-25% cold res).

so I believe we understand this principle, the debate would be whether it is worth our money (as it's basically a cost benefit decision).
Hello guys i'm running a setup like this:

2 curses auras (Enfeeble + Temporal chains), they will be replaced by Elemental Weakness + Frostbite when i have them on level 20.

3 auras (Malevolence + Hatred + Discipline) reserving life because of Prism Guardian shield.

I'm trying to include a Flesh and Stone (in Sand Stance) in this setup to have a defensive option after switching Enfeeble and Temporal chains but by doing so i'm left with 256 unreserved mana (yes it's too low) and i have to find a way to solve the mana issue.

How can i do that? I'm sure you guys are much more experienced to this game and might be able to help me out on this.

POB: https://pastebin.com/yhnM4yzp
DPS: 1m Vortex Dps

I still have a lot of improvements to make.

PS: I though about removing elemental weakness and casting it manually to save 35% mana reservation but i really dont want to do that manually.

The mana issues only occur because of Cold Snap (74 mana), while Vortex (59 mana) cannot even finishing cooldown before i'm full mana again. Maybe some mana regen might solve the problem.

Sorry for my bad english.
"
Mantikera wrote:

I'm trying to include a Flesh and Stone (in Sand Stance) in this setup to have a defensive option after switching Enfeeble and Temporal chains but by doing so i'm left with 256 unreserved mana (yes it's too low) and i have to find a way to solve the mana issue.

You should pick up Mystic Bulwark, especially since you're using Rumi's. I am running 187 unreserved mana and have no issues at all, granted I do have Spell Block cap due to Glancing Blows but at 256 you should be fine.

Another way to improve is to get lv4 Enlighten, it is a bit pricey though.
Im assuming glancing blow doesnt stack right if you get both? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info