League Start 100 Race Commentating: Blight

League Start 100 Race Commentary: Blight

This thread has information on my stream for Hardcore Solo Self Found League Start 100 Race Commentary.

You can also Post Replies below to provide recommendations and suggestions for updates or changes (e.g. I would like to see a scrolling on screen counter for XYZ)

Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/noprog

League Start 100 Race Commentary Information

Background Information: The Why
Spoiler
I love watching Hard Core Solo Self Found 100 races.
That's pretty much it! :)

I play some HC SSF myself and I find it amazing to see how good these peeps are at the game.

The speed they level at, the low life they have while fighting bosses, the "just don't get hit 4Head" techniques they utilise, the clear speed they have.

I find this all amazing and it pulls me in.

Not to mention how these so-called humans (more like machines!) go without sleep and push themselves to crazy limits. I find it thoroughly exciting - and I want to share this with others and provide some support to these amazing racers! :)

Criteria for casting your Stream
Spoiler
To provide assurance to streamers who give me permission to cast for racing, I will use the following criteria as a rule set for casting streams:

Criteria which must always be true/met;
* You are in Hard Core Solo Self Found,
* You have granted me permission,
* You are currently one of the top 50 Racers (as captured by GGG league ladder), and
* There are five (5) or less characters at 100 in the league (I would stop commentating after 5th place was achieved, at latest).

Additionally any one (1) of the following criteria will also need to be true/met:
* You are currently one of the top 10 Racers (as captured by GGG league ladder)
* You are a chat favorite to be shown alongside top positions (voted for by 'Twitch Chat')
* Chat requests have been made to 'check in' on your progress (ad-hoc requests by 'Twitch Chat')
* You have a character die during the Race (RIP replay analysis)
* You obtain an interesting item during the Race (e.g an item that may impact your racing)
* You utilise an interesting game mechanic during the Race (e.g an effective atlas strategy)
* You are utilising an interesting character build (e.g. there is something relatively unique or new about your build)

Permission to cast your stream
Spoiler
If you stream your game play via Twitch and enjoy competing in the Hard Core Solo Self Found League Start, then I would be very grateful to receive permission to cast your stream along side others racers.

To provide me permission, you can copy and paste the following text into a reply in this thread or a message to one of my socials provided below (as suits you).

"I provide permission for you to cast my stream as per the criteria you have provided in the PoE forum thread 2627267. My Twitch channel is: <replace_this_with_your_twitch_channel>"

Socials:
Twitch: twitch.tv/noprog
E-mail: NoProGTV [at] gmail.com
Facebook: facebook.com/noprogtv/
Twitter: @NoProGTV

Stream Timetable
Spoiler
Blight will be the first time I have cast races, so the timetable may be a little dynamic depending on traffic, racers and how tired I get being a solo caster. I will endeavour to cover both the super active times and the hearty stamina portions.

Initial planned times are:

PDT (UTC-7):
Day 1: 1pm - 1am (12 hrs)
Day 2: 1pm - 1am (12 hrs)
Day 3-7: 1pm - 11pm (10 hrs)
Week 2: 1pm - 9pm (8 hrs)
When racers hit 99, stream until 100! :)

CDT (UTC-5):
Day 1: 3pm - 3am (12 hrs)
Day 2: 3pm - 3pm (12 hrs)
Day 3-7: 3pm - 1am (10 hrs)
Week 2: 3pm - 11pm (8 hrs)

BST (UTC+1):
Day 1: 9pm - 9am (12 hrs)
Day 2: 9pm - 9pm (12 hrs)
Day 3-7: 9pm - 7am (10 hrs)
Week 2: 9pm - 5am (8 hrs)

NZST (UTC+12):
Day 1: 8am - 8pm (12 hrs)
Day 2: 8am - 8pm (12 hrs)
Day 3-7: 8am - 6pm (10 hrs)
Week 2: 8am - 4pm (8 hrs)

Special Thanks

Special thanks to people who have granted me permission to cast their channel for League Start race if participating (in alphabetical order):

736089 (if streaming in future)
AhhCrying: twitch.tv/ahhcrying
bannyan: twitch.tv/barnyang
bloodstain77: twitch.tv/bloodstainv
DCLara1: twitch.tv/dclara1
EvilED: twitch.tv/eviled67
hsdf: twitch.tv/hsdff
LaserPanther: twitch.tv/jakehoffmann
OqZVLwTxeh: (Twitch channel changed)
Octavian0: twitch.tv/octavian0
RaizQT: twitch.tv/raizqt
Sicily: twitch.tv/poesicily
Steelmage: twitch.tv/steelmage202
The_Human_Tornado (if streaming in future)
Theuberelite: twitch.tv/theuberelite
Toaster404: twitch.tv/toaster404
Towerbrah: twitch.tv/towerbrah
Zizaran: twitch.tv/zizaran

Also, thank you for all the other replies where I can't stream because you are playing Trade etc. your replies were still much appreciated! :)
Last edited by QwikDawn on Sep 6, 2019, 4:12:37 AM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2019, 3:02:35 PM
Hi guys, unfortunately RL RNG has had me lose my voice and it is pretty hard to commentate without one!

I will try and rest up my vocals in the hope that I can get back on top of the race in a day or two.

A BIG thank you to all the racers who provided me permission to stream them, it is much appreciated! Hopefully I'll get well soon and be able to put that permission to use. :)
Hi Guys,

I have embraced my wolverine healing powers and am on the up and up, so hopefully I will be able to cast the tail end of the race. :)

I have been keeping an eye across things while I've been offline and it has been a SUPER exciting race! These guys are really smashing it, so the race is on for my healing powers to put the peddle down before they burn off into the sunset and 100!

Fingers crossed I will be able to stream tomorrow! :) Com'on voice - come back to me! :)
Voice is back peeps - I'm jumping in! Super excited! :)
Plan is to cast through to 100 now, seeing as we have 2 racers at 99!

Good luck Racers - see you in there!
https://www.twitch.tv/noprog
Rock on.. been watching this morning :) What an upset with Ziz and Oska eh !
Cheers bro - thanks for coming in and hanging out. :)

Sure was - pretty exciting to see everything going on and that timing... couldn't have been any better even if it were scripted! Dramatic!

Back tomorrow morning 8am BTW.

Good luck racers!
Just when you think you got out... They pull you back in...

It looks like I had too much fun casting the Race yesterday, as my voice has run away again! Yikes! At this point unfortunately I will have to call off my Blight League Start commentary early.

I had a blast the one day I was able to cast! Mostly because the racers are so amazingly good at this game and it was so much fun to watch their progress! Thank you Racers!

Also, another BIG thank you to all those that provided permission for me to cast them for racing. The PoE community has some really amazing people in it! :)

Finally, thank you to those that popped in yesterday - and thank you for the feedback. I will definitely be making those improvements and am super excited for Decembers League Start Race with those in place! =)

Until then, I will heal up and get back to my normal stream of Jank and Shenanigans in Wraeclast. XD

Good Luck & Take Care Exiles!
Last edited by QwikDawn on Sep 12, 2019, 3:03:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info