Shadux’s Ranger Dual Wield Ele Cleave (Kripp's Ele Cleave Variation)

hey! i also have an elemental ranger, but i built mine a little different...
first, i decided to go pure evasion instead of IR. arrow dodging is just OP, and evasion scales realy well with enfeeble against tougher mobs.
second, i left static blows out to get more life and elemental damage. i prefer my damage to be constant, so i can know what to expect from elemental reflect. also, trash mobs die real quick as is, so its only good for bosses...
so, with 108 points (also i prefer building with 98 in mind, for level 80):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguGY7tg9N-NZJOyO4OVvoj9nRB3Ub8xe_wd9djp_xOZ6DdDVpIfyuHdizpW6-QCtaKSn0VIBjbTiqSzSpNdPG2QeKAPychYJ65NJOsR26qQKBjcLXyrpMFLe9O7-Opbmz2pld6uGBLMgm-p3gNTeOC5Drhtz5671ivrFmQEYqviPHGrnTtNuhGaf6Pc-E8Lf4KOlL3iMT28kXfv1-qxBUn7edj892sqnKpWfN82cAakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRN8B8CcYM4ogDvfIPb_EvOcWwW

important stats from build:
150% evasion
280% life
33% all resist
39% attack speed
110% elemental with weapons
14% block

ARROW DODGING
blood magic
elemntal adaptation
resolute technique

i realy like this build. it is very very tanky thanks to the HUGE amounts of evasion, and its damage is great like every other elecleave build.
the difference between mine and yours is mainly IR vs AD, and more elemental damage and life vs static blows...

horay for EleCleave rangers :P
Nice build there yoavzim =]

If you want and if you dont mind i can throw the build up in the OP as an alternate ele cleave build.
o would love that! thanks :)
I just changed my LA ranger to this build I am going to see how it turns out the gems are still too low lvl atm and ill see what I can to see if it can be optimized. Ill let you know in the future :).

THanks for the build it is very fun so far.
I actually switched from LA myslef to this =] Its a VERY fun build nice change from LA spamming. Little more dangerous but once you get the flow of whirlwinding around packs its very effective. I still have not gotten the increase Area of Effect nodes from the templar starting area so i have Cleave linked with an Increase Area of Effect gem and its a great improvement. Let me know how it works out =]
"
yoavzim wrote:
hey! i also have an elemental ranger, but i built mine a little different...
first, i decided to go pure evasion instead of IR. arrow dodging is just OP, and evasion scales realy well with enfeeble against tougher mobs.
second, i left static blows out to get more life and elemental damage. i prefer my damage to be constant, so i can know what to expect from elemental reflect. also, trash mobs die real quick as is, so its only good for bosses...
so, with 108 points (also i prefer building with 98 in mind, for level 80):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguGY7tg9N-NZJOyO4OVvoj9nRB3Ub8xe_wd9djp_xOZ6DdDVpIfyuHdizpW6-QCtaKSn0VIBjbTiqSzSpNdPG2QeKAPychYJ65NJOsR26qQKBjcLXyrpMFLe9O7-Opbmz2pld6uGBLMgm-p3gNTeOC5Drhtz5671ivrFmQEYqviPHGrnTtNuhGaf6Pc-E8Lf4KOlL3iMT28kXfv1-qxBUn7edj892sqnKpWfN82cAakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRN8B8CcYM4ogDvfIPb_EvOcWwW

important stats from build:
150% evasion
280% life
33% all resist
39% attack speed
110% elemental with weapons
14% block

ARROW DODGING
blood magic
elemntal adaptation
resolute technique

i realy like this build. it is very very tanky thanks to the HUGE amounts of evasion, and its damage is great like every other elecleave build.
the difference between mine and yours is mainly IR vs AD, and more elemental damage and life vs static blows...

horay for EleCleave rangers :P

Finally edited your build in the original post lol, couldtn stop running maps @.@ THIS GAME

time for bed @ 2am x.x
ah here is a test build that i made, trying to combine a bit of everything xD (being greedy)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAnEEswUtCC4MfQ6tEH8UIBRNFHEY2xkuGY4aOCFgJ-0otSlPKaUyCTKJNZI6UjwFQKBDnEbXSn1OyFBHVgRW-lfiWfNbr2BLYIhhUmOnZ6ByqXTtdPF35XrvfNmCm4M4hmCHdouMkFWbjZ65n8uf36IApzCnhKyquJO53cAaxp7TftSP3Q3dRt-_4XPsOO0g7YPuDu8O707vfPAf8i_z3fxO_MXE9jwtxq63PkGHgsco-uvuerhs9oLkkBFz4feIX6qnCI9G0NCboWe9z2VVxkGq-Ov3Mg48

question is would it work?? or do I have too little hp? i can lose the inner foces and get more hp?
Last edited by Yukitan on Mar 17, 2013, 8:46:59 AM
"
Yukitan wrote:
ah here is a test build that i made, trying to combine a bit of everything xD (being greedy)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAnEEswUtCC4MfQ6tEH8UIBRNFHEY2xkuGY4aOCFgJ-0otSlPKaUyCTKJNZI6UjwFQKBDnEbXSn1OyFBHVgRW-lfiWfNbr2BLYIhhUmOnZ6ByqXTtdPF35XrvfNmCm4M4hmCHdouMkFWbjZ65n8uf36IApzCnhKyquJO53cAaxp7TftSP3Q3dRt-_4XPsOO0g7YPuDu8O707vfPAf8i_z3fxO_MXE9jwtxq63PkGHgsco-uvuerhs9oLkkBFz4feIX6qnCI9G0NCboWe9z2VVxkGq-Ov3Mg48

question is would it work?? or do I have too little hp? i can lose the inner foces and get more hp?

What is the total hp% bonus with your build?

Mine is 240% and I do not think you should go lower at all. Other than that its pretty much the same build, also i do not know if it was intentional but was there a specific reason you did not get the 10% chance to shock after static blows?

Edit: looking at it further, i really don't think it is worth the point investment to go to the middle of the tree like that unless you are going for the Blood Magic Gem instead of the passive (and if you do then you should follow kripps mara guide and work backwards from the ranger) you end up spending way too many point to get there just for the 30% elemental and two 18 resist nodes really vs grabbing all those HP nodes on the top left there as well as the templar hp nodes u missed out.
Last edited by shadux on Mar 17, 2013, 1:03:56 PM
"
shadux wrote:
"
Yukitan wrote:

Spoiler

What is the total hp% bonus with your build?

Mine is 240% and I do not think you should go lower at all. Other than that its pretty much the same build, also i do not know if it was intentional but was there a specific reason you did not get the 10% chance to shock after static blows?

Edit: looking at it further, i really don't think it is worth the point investment to go to the middle of the tree like that unless you are going for the Blood Magic Gem instead of the passive (and if you do then you should follow kripps mara guide and work backwards from the ranger) you end up spending way too many point to get there just for the 30% elemental and two 18 resist nodes really vs grabbing all those HP nodes on the top left there as well as the templar hp nodes u missed out.

I was trying to keep it around the samne points spent, I would have taken the point after static blow. Ah ok I just thought 30% elemental dmg was a good increase.

so far leveling is going fine, pity though when I'm leveling I don't look forward to my points cause all i get is hp or plain stat, which makes me sad :(
Unfortunately with how the passive bonuses work right now it is almost pointless to focus on dmg nodes instead of health nodes (for HC atleast) if you want to have a decent chance later endgame maps.

Edit: You get a couple keystones which end up changing your play style though =p
Last edited by shadux on Mar 17, 2013, 1:31:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info