Shadux’s Ranger Dual Wield Ele Cleave (Kripp's Ele Cleave Variation)

OFFLINE Currently streaming this build @

http://www.twitch.tv/shadduxx#

****Curent with Patch 10.3****

This is for anyone that is interested in playign a Melee Ranger, more specifically a Dual Wielding Elemental Cleave Ranger using 2 swords/axes. I am playing this build endgame maps hardcore currently lvl 74.

As most of you know Marauder and Templar generally are more favored for a lot of types of builds due to their starting and neighboring passive nodes. But comparing the Total Attributes of say Kripparian's Mara lightning cleaver build and my own build you will see that they more or less end up being about the same with both being slightly better at different things.

More importantly though the main reason im making this guide is for those of you (like myself) that want to play the class you prefer rather than the class people say is the one and only for a specific build, not saying that is not true but realistically some of the differences are marginal.

With all that being said lets break down my build:

108 Point Build (Used the same amount of points Kripp used for total attribute comparison)

Now here is the breakdown and comparison of both our builds total passive tree attributes

This Build

Spoiler
+294 to Strength
+170 to Dexterity
+124 to Intelligence
+102 to maximum Mana
+257 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
82% increased Evasion Rating
27% increased Attack Speed
245% increased maximum Life
80% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+40% to all Elemental Resistances
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
4.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
Removes all mana. Spend Life instead of Mana for Skills
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
41% increased Elemental Damage
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
+24.8% Energy Shield
+58.8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+340 Accuracy Rating

Kripps Build

Spoiler
+280 to Strength
+154 to Dexterity
+124 to Intelligence
+102 to maximum Mana
+250 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
321% increased maximum Life
2.9% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+25% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
+18% to Fire Resistance
+18% to Cold Resistance
110% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
41% increased Elemental Damage
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
4% increased Attack Speed
+24.8% Energy Shield
+56% increased Melee Physical Damage
+308 Accuracy Rating
30.8% increased Evasion Rating

To properly compare the two we have to also look at gems required for both builds to function.With my build we go with the Blood Magic passive instead of having to link all our abilities to a blood magic gem. One of the benefits of using the blood magic gems is you can run more auras due to being able to reserve mana instead of sacrificing health, but due to picking up more resist nodes with my build you can pretty much not use purity and more or less balance out the gain of using it. Another aura we wouldnt have to use is Haste because we make up the difference (again roughly not exact) with passives, although not the movement speed bonus from haste but you dont really need MS if your running with Whirlwind anyways which we will be. The last aura we dont need to use is determination which would be more armor, I have not done the math to compare exactly the difference but we will have 82% increased Evasion Rating from passives which will again HELP to bring the two builds even closer. So that leaves us with Grace,Wrath, and Anger which we will be running with this build.

Other than that the two builds run the exact same as far as gearing out and item stats, with mine you can figure out what extra support gems you want to run in all those blood magic gem slots you would have had to use if you went with his build which is always good.

Here is an idea of what you would want to have linked:

Spoiler
5/6 Link [chest] = Cleave>Weapon Elemental Damage>Faster Attacks>Life Leech/On Hit>Elemental Proliferation>(open for whatever you want item rarity,quantity)

3/4 Link [helm] = Whirling Blades>Faster Attacks>Weapon Elemental Damage>(Open, Life leech/on hit, item rarity/quantity,etc)

4 Link [boots] = Anger>Wrath>Grace>Reduced Mana

3 Link [weapon1] = Spell totem>Summon Skeletons>Faster Casting *OR* Decoy totem + w/e

2/3 Link [weapon2] = Enfeeble and or Conductivity>Faster Casting

4 Slots [gloves]= open to creativity like leap slam/warp for pssing obstacles or anything else you want.

(This build can also be used very effectively for a Lightning Arrow Ranger so you can get creative with weapon swapping a bow out for Lightning Arrow for hairy situations or what not)

Gear stat priorities are pretty generic and the same as Kripps

Spoiler
Lighning damage>elemental damage with weapons>fire/cold elemental damage

Life>Attack Speed>Chaos Res>Elemental Resistances

Movement Speed>Life>Resistances (on boots at least)

Bandit Quest Rewards

Spoiler
Normal: Help Oak for the 40 life
Cruel: Kill all for Passive
Merciless: Kill all for Passive

So looking at the total passive tree points and gems we can see both builds are roughly the same idea. I REALIZE Kripps is going to be more optimized because well, that's what he does best, but I made this for the people that do not want to play a Marauder and want to rock a sweet looking ranger and still be able to compare in effectiveness. I will add more detailed leveling information if interest or requests are made.

I dont have the resources someone like Kripp does with viewers/skilled players on Mumble to help optimize his builds so by all means if you guys see something that could be done better please leave feedback and I will change/update accordingly.

Here is an alternate DW Ele Cleave Ranger build
Credit to Yoavzim
Spoiler
"
yoavzim wrote:
hey! i also have an elemental ranger, but i built mine a little different...
first, i decided to go pure evasion instead of IR. arrow dodging is just OP, and evasion scales realy well with enfeeble against tougher mobs.
second, i left static blows out to get more life and elemental damage. i prefer my damage to be constant, so i can know what to expect from elemental reflect. also, trash mobs die real quick as is, so its only good for bosses...
so, with 108 points (also i prefer building with 98 in mind, for level 80):

important stats from build:
150% evasion
280% life
33% all resist
39% attack speed
110% elemental with weapons
14% block

ARROW DODGING
blood magic
elemntal adaptation
resolute technique

i realy like this build. it is very very tanky thanks to the HUGE amounts of evasion, and its damage is great like every other elecleave build.
the difference between mine and yours is mainly IR vs AD, and more elemental damage and life vs static blows...

horay for EleCleave rangers :P

Here is the link to Kripps Build if you want more detailed information that I may have missed or more comparison.

http://www.exilepro.com/builds/marauder/522-marauder-lightning-cleaver

IGN: Shadux
If you wanna chat about anything.
Last edited by shadux on Mar 17, 2013, 7:26:47 PM
reserved
Lots of views and no feedback? =[
Thanks for the build, i wanted to play a dw sword build. I hated the models of the males, so i wanted to role a ranger. Elemental also just sounds cool to me as well. This has inspire me to try it out. thanks ^_^

from the looks of things? you take no dmg nodes at the start?? all hp and stuff i assume. Just wodnering what you put in when leveling at certain stages.
Hey no prob! You sound just like the type of person I made this build for.

As far as passives go, yea you are right, you want to start off with stacking those health nodes, here is a rough look of where you want to be for your normal playthrough

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIACC4OrRjbGY4ppTWSQ5xKfU7IVvpbr2egdPGHdpuNnrnTft0N7YPuDvzF

As far as skills go you can use whatever weapons you find that do the most damage. Don't feel like you have to use cleave from the start, you will probably want to start using that at later levels. Using a bow is a great option for leveling but if you want to start off with melee u can just stick to whatever skills you get, fire trap is good aoe if you are sticking to green gems.

Make sure you help oak for even more hp on normal.

Thanks for trying it out let me know what you think.
Last edited by shadux on Mar 15, 2013, 10:44:48 PM
Thanks, I always like dw characters. I already made a ranger to 45 but it was 2hander (way easier to lvl then 1 hander ). I need 15 respec points to make it looks like yours.

saves me the trouble of lvling, only prob is I took the passive point for the bandit normal :(
Last edited by Yukitan on Mar 15, 2013, 11:25:06 PM
nice build, looks very much like LA build. but kripps build u get 80% more life.
IGN: Nostaigia (Nostalgia)

~~~
IF I WIN A BID OR SOMETHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A PM ON THE FORUM IF I'M NOT ONLINE.
~~~
Yeah it can easisy be used as a LA build, and yeah well Marauder is preferred for a reason lol.
Currently streaming if people want to see how the build works in maps.

www.twitch.tv/shadduxx
Just dropped
while streaming earleir :D if anyone is interested PST @ shadux in game. c/o 10 exalts 40 gcp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info